All Religions Are Not Equal...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah nothing wrong if ur a Muslim or a hindu but as a Sikh do you agree with pilgrimage and sacrifice of animals and the worship of fire, im sorry maybe the agni worship is really nirankar right? i doubt it.

If all these religions are equal then why did the shote sahibzaade not except Islam? Why don't we have the koran and vedas at our Gurdwaras?

You can see at our Guru Ghars that yes people are equal, Muslim, Hindus and Sikhs sit together to eat langar. However religions are not because we would never put the koran, vedas next to Guru Granth sahib.

Guru Gobind Singh called himself the idol breaker would he consider hindu idols to be equal to Gurbani?

We are hurting none other than ourselves. Sikhs in Punjab and in the west for that matter that go to mandirs all say hey our religion says all religions are equal. well if all religions are equal then don't throw a fit when Brahmans do puja at Harmandir sahib one day, don't mind when the Koran is placed next to Guru Granth Sahib at our Gurdwaras. All this is the reason why Sikhs are still fighting after several hundred years to prove they are a separate and distinct religion. The sikhs' distinct identity is being destroyed because we are propagating a false claim. Sikhs will never be a distinct kaum if Sardars and sardarnis continue to worship at Muslim graves, and Mandirs.

When you ask a Muslim why do you do hajj, he says it is my religion. When you ask a Brahman why you wear a janeoo, he says it is my religion. When you ask a Sikh why do you take amrit, he says it is my religion. So now we are eqauating the tilak, janeoo, hajj to amrit. Nice.

If the above qoutes from teh Koran and vedas do not seem "wrong" to you then why did our Guru Sahibs denounce them. I do not see how animal sacrifice can be "lost in translation." How is describing heaven with beautiful women be "lost in translation"? How does fire worship get lost in translation.

im done with this post, my last and final comments are that as long as sikhs don't propagate the equality of mankind rather than the equality of religions they will always be in danger of being destroyed as a distict faith. Hinduism, Islam, Christianity are not our enemies, our own people are our worst enemies.

If all these religions are equal then why did the shote sahibzaade not except Islam?  Why don't we have the koran and vedas at our Gurdwaras?

It is one thing to share with another in hopes that they will follow your path and it is another to put a sword to your throat and force you to accept their path. If the first is true, it is never a qustion of wanting to convert, rather wanting to share with the other the expereince of divine.

You can see at our Guru Ghars that yes people are equal, Muslim, Hindus and Sikhs sit together to eat langar.  However religions are not because we would never put the koran, vedas next to Guru Granth sahib.
There is no need to put the Vedas and the Guru Granth Sahib Togther. What they are, they ARE regardless of having them in the same palce. There can only be ONE master on ONE Throne, not 2 Masters.
Guru Gobind Singh called himself the idol breaker would he consider hindu idols to be equal to Gurbani?

Bhagat Dhaan ji received Darshan from God himself because he prayed to an Idol.

Note that the Idol was irrelivent but what was reliven was the Bhaavan, Sharda and Love of Bhagat Dhanna ji. The Idol was just an Excuse for those attributes, those feelings to sprout. Also know that the Vedas say God is Omnipresent. Not limited to Idols. It is the Ignorence of the followers who have limited god to a mere rocks....it Should've been that He(idol) is too God, but it has become ONLY He(idol) is God.

We are hurting none other than ourselves.  Sikhs in Punjab and in the west for that matter that go to mandirs all say hey our religion says all religions are equal.  well if all religions are equal then don't throw a fit when Brahmans do puja at Harmandir sahib one day, don't mind when the Koran is placed next to Guru Granth Sahib at our Gurdwaras.  All this is the reason why Sikhs are still fighting after several hundred years to prove they are a separate and distinct religion.  The sikhs' distinct identity is being destroyed because we are propagating a false claim.  Sikhs will never be a distinct kaum if Sardars and sardarnis continue to worship at Muslim graves, and Mandirs. 
You are under the impression that the mixture of ritualistic-Practice must occur for religions to be equal. I am talking about the core foundation of each religion. The top layer which consists of Practices, such as Daily prayer, Rituals related to certan ceremonies are and will be different. No one is doubting that.
When you ask a Muslim why do you do hajj, he says it is my religion.  When you ask a Brahman why you wear a janeoo, he says it is my religion.  When you ask a Sikh why do you take amrit, he says it is my religion.  So now we are eqauating the tilak, janeoo, hajj to amrit.  Nice.

NO it is the ignorece and the non-understanding of each individual that equates these actions. Go ask he who is drunk in the love of the divine why did he take Amrit.

If the above qoutes from teh Koran and vedas do not seem "wrong" to you then why did our Guru Sahibs denounce them.  I do not see how animal sacrifice can be "lost in translation."  How is describing heaven with beautiful women be "lost in translation"?  How does fire worship get lost in translation. 

im done with this post, my last and final comments are that as long as sikhs don't propagate the equality of mankind rather than the equality of religions they will always be in danger of being destroyed as a distict faith.  Hinduism, Islam, Christianity are not our enemies, our own people are our worst enemies.

There is no enemy, but our own ignorence.

pheena you spoke of the founders well i can't give you any better source than the Muslim's koran.  It talks about pilgrimages, war, and heaven.  So where did the followers go wrong, when they started following the koran?

where did the hindus go wrong, when they followed the vedas?

you said don't judge by the followers but by the founders ok i am doing that.

88746[/snapback]

You want to know why the Koran says this and the Vedas don't match the likeness of Guru Granth Sahib... Go seek a Saint, Go seek a Guru, Go seek a Murshad of each of those Religion and ask him question why is this so, why is this that. You are concluding the essense of the Religion with your finite understand. Go seek he who has risen above all religions and ask him why. Your questions are VALID. But your conclusion on them is limited to your understanding ONLY.

I am talking about the core foundation of each religion
please enlighten me, what is the core foundation of Islam and Hinduism? seems like you know more than Muslims and Hindus who believe koran and vedas are the word of god and have never been altered. and please tell me how hinduism was founded? who started it? and what is a religion without any practices? you still haven't proved how all religions are equal? mann has shown quotes from other texts to show the differences and how religions contradict with each other. one doesn't have to be superior to the other but please show me how all religions are equal.
Go seek he who has risen above all religions and ask him why

My Guru is above all. My Guru says without True Naam, one cannot be liberated and True Naam can only be obtained from the true Guru. true Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan I do not know exactly what you're hoping to achieve by pasting away parts of the Qur'an on this site, but I agree with what Pheena said. You are no scholar of Islam or the Qur'an so do not come to your own conclusions and interpretations of what is written. That is exactly how things become distorted when uninformed people start making their own judgements.

im sorry i need to be a scholar to say that islam promotes hajj, give me a break. Mulsims don't sacrifice animals at hajj, please i don't need to be a scholar to know these things. I can read in the koran which says hajj is mandatory so what do your scholars say that hajj is a metaphor for waaheguru come on sometimes you people get so philisophical you start talking you know what.

anyways i was done with this post but what can a moorakh do, one moorakh enrages another.

oh pheena ji, "There can only be ONE master on ONE Throne, not 2 Masters."

yeah exactly so the koran and vedas cannot sit on the throne with dhur ki bani sri guru granth sahib.

peace.