Non Sikhs wearing Kareh

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

i agree with Vicky singh comments here. I do not know why sometime knowingly or unknowingly we make simple things very hard / difficult. Yes the education wrt what is kara, why we wears kara etc. should be given.

bhulla chukka dee maufai

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub: maybe a lil off topic , but its still about kareh  rolleyes.gif

in Gurudwaras that sell kareh, r they pure iron ?? or r they a mixture

cuz i hav this thing that wenever i wear a kara it doesnt suit me cuz i think im allergic to it cuz i get rashes n its pretty bad

but then i thught maybe its not pure iron like its suposed to b n its mixture of sumthin else cuz i cant wear earrings either that r fake cuz my earlobes get all wierd but ya

newayzz

how do u knw if its pure iron or not cuz wen i got my kara from india the guy tol me it wuz pure iron (or maybe he didnt understand me <_< ) n i stil got allergic reaction

thank you  :TH:

bhul chuk maaf for gettin off topic blush.gif

91090[/snapback]

I used to get that u should buy a sarbolah kara, there less shiny then the normal ones, but it should stop the rash. If u still get a reaction with that the sarbolah coating may have worn out.

what is the meaning of the kara to u all?...it may seem like an obvious question, but ive heard different ideas, maybe a kara is all of those ideas, or is one more important than the others?

eg. kara is like a handcuff that reminds u of ur sikhi all the timem especially if ur gonna do something bad eg pick up a glass of alcohol

a kara is circular and therefore never ending, symbolsiing the infinite nature of waheguru

a kara is a weapon

????

surely when discussing the significance of who should or should not wear a kara it would be useful if we were all thinking on the same lines about what the meaning of the kara is in the 1st place?!

bhul chuk maph

surely when discussing the significance of who should or should not wear a kara it would be useful if we were all thinking on the same lines about what the meaning of the kara is in the 1st place?!

bhul chuk maph

91178[/snapback]

Not everyone is going to be thinking on the same lines, thats what i love about Sikhi, it can mean something totally different to everyone. It's good to be open minded, as Akaal Purukh has given us such power minds. It like bani for example. It can be interpreted in diffferent ways depending on the occasion.

To me my Kara reminds me to be pure, as it is Sarabloh. Its not big has no patterns or writing. Sarabloh being pure iron, not a compound with anything else. It can rust and become tainted, like when you take it to the seaside <_< but so can the mind but after a while even without polishing it, the rust wears off.

Some people are allergic to iron kareh, my bhen ji was as a kid but alot of people grown out of it. In that case i think its fine to wear stainless steel kareh, but again nothing fancy. However even with punjabi culture i see no reason to wear gold or silver ones as that defeats the rehit Maharaaj Ji gave us and is no longer a kara

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

i agree with veer ghulam singh. to be a true sikh u do need kakras, but if others have 1 or 2, ask them in a humble manner, why u wear it? r u in a path of discovering wht sikhi is? r u interested to learn? share with them guru nanak humble way.....we are all a child of a same god, no matter we r sikh , hindu, muslim, gora or whtever. but if others are keen to know this path then told there hand and enlighten them. who know u might get a real love for sikhi out of that person!

think positive and shower the love....

SSA~

I am a GORI. I have a KARRA. I learned about sikhism 10 months ago. I consider myself Sikh, Im not amritdhari yet, but I'm a learner, and I respect and try to follow the path as closely as possible. Wearing the Karra has strengthened my Reminder, to read Banis, to not straigh from the path.

I have noticed some people wear a bracelette for fashion. They have no idea - its not their fault. God is the Doer of all things. All by his will. Only some will come to understand, those whom He brings closer to him.

Also - when you come right down to it, these type of topics are just maya again. No clothes, karra or kesh anything will go along with you when you die... So, lets focus on the inside - thats what matters. But you know, also being truth to yourself and your faith.

"Actions repeated over and over again are engraved on the soul. We shall reap what we sow. " - Jaap Ji Sahib Ji

Also - when you come right down to it, these type of topics are just maya again. No clothes, karra or kesh anything will go along with you when you die

in dasam bani it says Guru gobind singh ji expects us to met him with all kakkars and shasters.....sooooo it does go with you