omg.......

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes now what to do here ......... grin.gif

1st grab the guy slap him once onli once and tell himy u are slappin him and tell him that cus he knows now if he still dont change beat him

but the gorie just tell what she looks like and just take the khanda off her but leave the head covering

sure you can, its obviously not on the same level, but it does affect sikhi as a whole. It's not even people like the guy in the pictures fault, but, if you cant educate people in our generation about what sikhi is, or the importance of the symbols and what they mean, who is going to educate the next generation of sikhs what sikhi really is, and the importance of the symbols.

Im not even saying the ugy is disrespecting anything, but representing it without knowing the meaining, is a problem in itself. It turns everything you do into a ritual, when you do it without uinderstanding why. Sure its not going to affect you, but look at the future of sikhi as well, if 90% of the sikhs in our generation dont know the meanings of the symbols, or even of sikhi as a whole, whats going to happen to the future of sikhi? Plain and simple, its going to turn into what hinduism has become, a bunch of blind rituals that no one knows why they are doing.

So yeah, it is important to educate people or else the lack of education will just snowball, and each generation of sikhs will get more and more into rituals.

95289[/snapback]

if one WAS to say something to them... it should be in a respectful manner.. and they should be educated about what the khanda represents...

exactly what i was saying bro... they need to be educated... :)

Posh_jatti...

Perhaps i'll rephrase my comment. When you posted this thread, you should have expected a barrage of different views. However what i meant about mentioning your sig is that your probably been more into sikhism then i have (5 months now) and you didn't know that flashing khandha while not covering your head was bad? I was a little skeptical when i remembered your sigs and your current one now. Sorry, but what would you expect other than different views??

95417[/snapback]

yes, I did expect to get different views, that was the whole point- to see how people would react, and I didn't for one second believe everyone would react the same- people are different!.

You also say that I should know taht flashing a khanda without your head covered is bad, but I fail to see the point of this comment of yours. If you look at the picture, the girl flashing the khanda HAS got her head covered- obviosuly that is NOT the issue being discussed here.

posh how would u deal with the situation regarding the pics???

also would/are you offended with wot the pics represent??

95408[/snapback]

that was the whole point in putting the pics up...so that i could figure out whether its wrong or right excl.gif

there are sum fings you never get around to figure out if they're right or wrong without getting the views of other people ...........

:) read sum of the responses again they did stick to topic so dun say no1 is actually answering ur question i dnt knw how much simpler we can put it

95264[/snapback]

yeh i did rolleyes.gif

& there wasn't no need/obligation 4 the " :) " & your rude tone

could have put it mre complaisantly blush.gif

wacko.gif and i dont know wots wrong with the people on this forum everyones so dayem apathetic and has no respect for the feelings of the other person no.gif

95358[/snapback]

I don't get how if i post a simple response to ur question im automatically 'disrespecting ur feelings'

you were jus so quick to generalize and critisize that no1 wuz answering ur question so i thought id point it out to u in a clear manner that most ppl DID infact answer ur question so u shud reread some of the posts

the " :cool: " is a perfect way to represent the reaction i felt wen i read ur post about no1 answerring ur question so i put it in, it doesn't mean i wuz being rude

bhul chuk maaf

daasn daas veerji's rite

stop argueing

if u cant do nethin bout it

then close this thread

it'll just lead to more arguements and harsh words

95425[/snapback]

is this right ....i'm asking about what the gorri's wearing n doing

and what if you knew sum1 in real doing that...what would you do

these were the questions I asked- if you would care to read the replies, the issue became about the actual people in the pictures and what to do to them

I did not ask this- I asked if what they're doing was right? Like could it be justified in any way (which I thought no)

and then my main question was what would you do if sum1 in real was doing that- so I'd know what to do if I ever saw it

just wanted different opinions

so thats why I was saying no-one was answering the question- it just beacme a load of crap about slapping the people in the picture up etc

and like I said- if they want the topic closed- I'm fine with it!!!

didn't want an argument, just different views of people

BUT I am not the admin- I can't close it!- so don't look at me!

and apologizes if that's still buggering you !!

PEACE

This image is not a one off, go to any Nagar Kirtan or Vaisakhi mela and you will see majority of guys and girls dressed in the same manner. You cannot bann the use of symbols, you can only educate people, and its not by beating them as mentioned above.

Let people wear a Khanda, but also educate them on what it means, pyar is always the key, not voilence and calling them "idiots" or slapping them, I sure wouldnt be a Sikh if I knew Guru Nanak Dev Ji slapped and beat people who didnt follow him.

I dont know why Posh Jatti wants to know whether this is right or wrong, I dont see them doing anything wrong, if they had a khanda in their neck and drinking and a spliff in their mouth then yes, otherwise I dont see nothing wrong in it. As always a small thing is blown way out of proportion.