KHALSA CAMP or Sikhstudent.org?

Akaali

So who's goin to which camp from here?

I wanna come down for one of the camps, depending on the reviews, I heard the Khalsa Camp is more for the older youth, like very good discussions, etc. and the SikhStudent.org one is for beginners, etc.

Does anyone know what activities Khalsa Camp organizers do? Is it just sports, etc?

Maybe we can have a mini SikhSangat.com meeting :nihungsmile:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with Khalsa.

Both camps are very good... they cater for different needs and their target audiences are different. :cool:

I wanted to go to Khalsa Camp to do Sangat with all the Gursikhs and go bit deeper into Sikhi. But both camps clash! :)

But i am now going to Sikh Student Camp because I have been asked to help out. Though Sikh Student Camp is an introduction to th beginners, its still good if Gursikhs who are already into Sikhi come to the camp and share their inspiration, experiences and pyaar for sikhi with new comers, who with guru's kirpaa will feel the power and love and sikhi. :)

bhul chuk maaf

i think you need to register for Khalsa camp to know what activities they have planned; i heard they can be a bit 'iffy' i.e. if you don't 'belong' to a certain organization they kinda 'frown upon you' - ok dont quote me on that - just what someone told me who attended!!

but hey at least you get your own en-suite!!

sangat jio go to khalsa camp or boss camp

sikh student camp is a niddar nang camp STAY AWAY

97769[/snapback]

i have also heard from reliable sources that this camp is just a dos hole, no real learning of sikhi, also the nangs just use the camp to convert people into druggies and meat eating so they can justify thier actions and feel better.

just go to the khalsa camp or boss camp, or both as they dont clash

as responsible active Gursikhs thats more of a reason to go 2 sikh student camp.

if every1 thought lets "stay away" then unfortunately the only ppl left in the camp will be niddar nang crew who will then have a great oppurtunity to preach their rubbish.

so isn't better than more gursikhs go to the camp and make it a "Chardikala Gursikh Camp" rather than a "Niddar Nang Camp"

theirs a famous quote:

"Make a change, or be changed."

Guru Raka :)

Ps. boss camp shud be wicked -- plz send off application forms asap!! places are limited.

Yes its true, when i went to the sikhstudent camp last year, i was forced to take bhang and sharaab, when i woke up from being unconcious for 4 days (in a comfy hanumaan duvet set) i looked in the mirror and someone had put tilak on my head, instead of having on a bana i was wearing a "jai mata ki" kurta... :)

DO NOT GO TO THIS CAMP!

i heard they can be a bit 'iffy' i.e. if you don't 'belong' to a certain organization they kinda 'frown upon you' - ok dont quote me on that - just what someone told me who attended!!

but hey at least you get your own en-suite!!

97765[/snapback]

I went to the last Khalsa camp when I was a mona and I didnt experience any frowning. Hold up! I frowned when I was in the toilet, does that count? tongue.gif