marrying sumone of a differant religion

Gurfateh!!

Tis very true supergirl.

Today i was discussing with a Muslim, that Allah is also the God i follow and we are all after the same paradise and that is oneness with Almighty.

Everything is His creation, all religions. Yet we still feel so egocentric we discriminate.

With regards to love there should be no discrimination, i believe you can fall in love with anyone.

However why Rehit says an amritdhari should marry an amritdhari, is out of practicality. Which is what Sikhi is practical.

But then i believe if someone of a different religion or belief was to fall in love with and amritdhari and vice versa, they can practice both religions and should encourage it.

Then the issue arises at the kids. The children should be taught to follow God and should learn about both faiths, then it is up to them to decide which path they decide to take for the rest of their lives.

Well thats my views on this topic, i dnt normally reply to topics like this, because i feel i don't know what love towards another human being is wacko.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The combination of two religions will bring something more positive.

Very naive. The world is very complex and so are human beings. Imagine teaching your kids that last prophet is Mohammad and all other are false and at the same time "Sab Tay Vadda Satgur Nanak". One parent tells his kid to go to mecca and the other says "Let your compassion be Mecca". A child in that enviornment rather die than learn this "postivity" you are speaking of. Perhaps you missed many of the previous posts. Life should be balanced. You ever seen a car with one tire of tractor and other of an airplane run smoothly? I don't think so. A Sikh follows Hukam not his manmat. Guru in my life is more than enough. There is no room for mohammad even if I had two hearts. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The combination of two religions will bring something more positive.

Very naive. The world is very complex and so are human beings. Imagine teaching your kids that last prophet is Mohammad and all other are false and at the same time "Sab Tay Vadda Satgur Nanak". One parent tells his kid to go to mecca and the other says "Let your compassion be Mecca". A child in that enviornment rather die than learn this "postivity" you are speaking of. Perhaps you missed many of the previous posts. Life should be balanced. You ever seen a car with one tire of tractor and other of an airplane run smoothly? I don't think so. A Sikh follows Hukam not his manmat. Guru in my life is more than enough. There is no room for mohammad even if I had two hearts. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

100494[/snapback]

I fully agree with your response veerji...

Even though you guys said something possible that its just bringing two religions together and since both will be preaching one God there is nothing wrong... WRONG...

There are many problems that can arise and couple is what veerji has outlined here... just think about it ... picture yourself marrying another person from another religion... how will your life be like? How will your and his/her parents feel? How will you get married... in a church or a gurdwara ??? (Remember for an amritdhari he must be married with guru jis lavaan, by hearing what his/her guru said, what if the other does not want to marry there...)... How will your children decide what to follow, will they follow one or the other .. or none (which is likely the cause as i know many mix-religion marraiges and the children are confused more than anyone else)...

There are countless number of situations and problems...

Guru ji help us all ... pray.gif ...

i have an example:

i know this aunty and uncle (they live on rent in a room in our house)

the uncle took amrit during 300 sajna divas @ anadpur sahib....the aunty didn't

the uncle eats the aunty's jooth on a daily basis......against rehat

not to be judmental or anything, but the aunty is "sikh" but still, the uncle's rehat is kind of in danger....right?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

can i laugh! this is Rediculous! everyone wants to put their nose somewhere to smell someone else's stench.

How about we all just go about our simran and let God take care of the rest, huh?

note: thank you to the person above who said they didnt mean goray and kalay were bad ... good to make the correct distinction; sikh or non-sikh, not race.

ok. back to rememberance now. lmao