Map(s) of a future Khalistan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personaly, i don't want or believe in khalistan. If it gets created, good for them, i'll reserve my khalistan praises when i see some true efforts made to decrease poverty and social problms that lurk beneath the surface of the punjab community (sikh, hindu, muslim, etc). Also, i will get only invloved if khalistan is created by other means other than the traditional "gun-and-take-over" way that a few other countries are trying to do to get independence. That however, seems most unlikely since a few loud mouth groups are overshadowing the rest of everyday sikhs. The averge sikh/hindu/muslim doesnt want to upset their lives, businesses, lifestyles and family for something so unpredictable as khalistan.

I sympathise with those that want it, but for once in human history, can we think of other ppl's needs and lives than trying to get our own way all the time?

People have lives too, it's time to think more practical and work with others.

-khalsa Starr

Other possible names:

Original - Sikhstan

Khalsastan

Khalisland

Singhstan

Singhland

I say hold a referendum and include the names above.

Use methos of elimination.

The one with lowest votes gets eliminated while other names move on to next rounds. Until we have one choice with majority of votes.

The following are just thoughts:

Don't consider them as possible official names. Only for fun. Fank Fu.

Gurmukhland

Gursikhland

Gursikhstan

Gurmukhstan

USK Unites States of Khalsa

SN Sikh Nation

Sikhnet

Sikhsangat

etc. etc.

"but for once in human history, can we think of other ppl's needs and lives than trying to get our own way all the time?"

ha ha that was hillarious, buddy please learn sikh history.

-The Sikhs have always thought of other people's needs. Guru Nanak dev Ji fought for all of mankind.

-Guru Angad Dev Ji started Langar for all of mankind

-Guru Teg Bahadur Ji gave Shaheedi for freedom of religion.

-Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave his four sons for freedom from tyranny.

-Khalsa singhs took over khyber pass to protect from invasions, thus helping everyone in the subcontinent.

-Maharaja Ranjit Singh created a Sikh empire which helped all religions live in harmony.

-Sikhs died in the tens of thousands in teh two world Wars for humanity

-80% of people who died fighting for a free India were Sikhs. But were left with nothing in the end.

-Pakistan war of 1956 Sikhs laid in front of American made tanks to defeat Pakistan and saved India from invasion.

-Sikhs freed Bangladesh.

-Sikhs protested iNdira Gandhi suspending democracy in India.

Sikhs fought for a punjab state so ALL PUNJABIS could have a state where theor mother tongue was the official language.

Your telling us that we need to worry about others, dude get a life. We need to save our own pags now before there are no sikhs left to help others.

"but for once in human history, can we think of other ppl's needs and lives than trying to get our own way all the time?"

-The Sikhs have always thought of other people's needs.  Guru Nanak dev Ji fought for all of mankind.

-Khalsa singhs took over khyber pass to protect from invasions, thus helping everyone in the subcontinent.

-Maharaja Ranjit Singh created a Sikh empire which helped all religions live in harmony.

-80% of people who died fighting for a free India were Sikhs.  But were left with nothing in the end.

-Pakistan war of 1956 Sikhs laid in front of American made tanks to defeat Pakistan and saved India from invasion.

-Sikhs freed Bangladesh.

Sikhs fought for a punjab state so ALL PUNJABIS could have a state where theor mother tongue was the official language.

Your telling us that we need to worry about others, dude get a life.  We need to save our own pags now before there are no sikhs left to help others.

103994[/snapback]

Exactly...

But I guess some people will only support Khalistan when or if their families are targetted by a govt or it's sponsered paramilitaries. God forbid it should happen but I get the feeling only then will Sikhs who oppose a seperate Sikh homeland finallyl wake up.

-The Sikhs have always thought of other people's needs.  Guru Nanak dev Ji fought for all of mankind.

-80% of people who died fighting for a free India were Sikhs.  But were left with nothing in the end.

-Sikhs freed Bangladesh.

103994[/snapback]

Yes i already know that, i'm proud of that, but there's a difference between defending other people and countries starting a possible war. You think Khalistan will be made easily? without a drop of blood? Especailly, when ppl don't seem to be open to suggestion on other possible ideas.

Funny how you don't suggest another possible idea to create khalistan. Since you want to see it so much, i suggest you "critacally-think" about this new country for sikh AND hindu's and muslims. Don't forget all the other "little" details.

a select few sikhs who forcefully try to put khalistan into being will have to run around in circles for a few years before realizing that there are other more important issues that must be worked on.

As for unity - one reason for not being a strong unity is because the average person on the street (in punjab) doesnt feel that they will get anything out of it. They need something that will convince them that they should risk their lives/family/business to support such a cause, and in the end, there will be a positive result. That is something no seperatist group in the world has ever suceeded in doing. Why? Power is a bad deal.

Sikhism and it's seperatists groups (not all afiliated with sikhi) have an advantage though, in that the basic principles and teaching of sikhism, we have many good instructions and morals that they can follow. Out of these principles, there should be ways that khalistan can be created without massive losses in human lives and economic stability.

Whether these groups follow these morals or pick and choose their principles is up to them. That is something that few regular ppl have control over - another reason for ppl to be cautious.

I urge for people to ask questions to these groups, like "how ill i be effected?" "will my business/family be ruined?", what if questions are also good.

If no one answer, then there is already a problem. That's that.

i'm try to get ppl to think about this so-called "important" issue, not to always go down the hard way.

hmm, the man asked for a map... yet we have to blow it up into a argument...

wheres the love people... :doh:

heres your map veerji... :doh:

av-1724.jpg

104007[/snapback]

i'm not the one blowing up in agument, i just said my opinion based on other such experiences in the world.

The love? an interesting use of words.

as for the map, Go figure - the "liberators" will have to convine the hundreds of millions of people who live in the selicted region that khalistn will benifet them in the long run.

there are muslim seperatists groups that want "moghulstan" in that region as well. This should be very interesting.

hmm, the man asked for a map... yet we have to blow it up into a argument...

wheres the love people... :doh:

heres your map veerji... :doh:

av-1724.jpg

104007[/snapback]

Thank You Veerji...... :doh:

At last someone whose posted something what I originally asked for. :doh:

This is the best map for a Khalistan. Has seaports and vast amounts of land. God willing one day it will become a reality and not just the dream of the much promised land :doh: