Turban Style

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

depends wich is gna be tightly wrapped :doh: actually i dunno wot im on abt soz

gol dastaar is ok as long as its kinda tite not TOO tight 2 stop blood goin 2 ur brain (personal experience) LOL.gif and not too lose dat it feels lyk coming off. the thing i lyk abt gol dastaar is dat its MUCHH easier that the pujnabi traditional pagh and since it is easier, it is easier 2 make it neat n dat.. get me? try experimenting wid a 7 metre cloth.. damn i forgot wot cloth u need hope sum1 else can help blush.gif

forgive me if im wrong, im a moorakh wot can i do im so stupid!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

i mean is one more comfortable than the other?

and which one is more stable?

103300[/snapback]

I wear both styles. Both are equally comfortable. I tend to tie "traditional" for work etc but for gatka, squash, paintballing etc then it has to be gol style (mine's not a dhumulla - just some sort of gol style that I worked out) . The latter is much more stable under "adverse conditions" rolleyes.gif in my experience.

I do find that my glasses are slightly more comfortable in the trad. style; but that could be because I tie the gol style that much tighter.

If you havent seen them already theres some good dastar tying vid up on Ektaone. Check the following page

http://www.ektaone.com/video_turbans.ppa

A slight aside; when ever I see many Sikhs together; like the recent demo I often end up admiring all the myriad dastar styles - our kaurs and singhs look so good. I'll even try some of the other styles but they never seem to quite suit me - well in my head and in the mirror at least they don't ;-)

So I'd advise - trial away - see what works for you. And check out all the various pics around for some really cool dastaars. And don't go too tight - your brain needs that blood :-)

Oh one last thing - when you're trialing out; and you're tying dastaar after dastaar it don't half build up the arm muscles. It can be a pretty good work out :-)

i mean is one more comfortable than the other?

and which one is more stable?

103300[/snapback]

I wear both styles. Both are equally comfortable. I tend to tie "traditional" for work etc but for gatka, squash, paintballing etc then it has to be gol style (mine's not a dhumulla - just some sort of gol style that I worked out) . The latter is much more stable under "adverse conditions" rolleyes.gif in my experience.

I do find that my glasses are slightly more comfortable in the trad. style; but that could be because I tie the gol style that much tighter.

If you havent seen them already theres some good dastar tying vid up on Ektaone. Check the following page

http://www.ektaone.com/video_turbans.ppa

A slight aside; when ever I see many Sikhs together; like the recent demo I often end up admiring all the myriad dastar styles - our kaurs and singhs look so good. I'll even try some of the other styles but they never seem to quite suit me - well in my head and in the mirror at least they don't ;-)

So I'd advise - trial away - see what works for you. And check out all the various pics around for some really cool dastaars. And don't go too tight - your brain needs that blood :-)

Oh one last thing - when you're trialing out; and you're tying dastaar after dastaar it don't half build up the arm muscles. It can be a pretty good work out :-)

103328[/snapback]

Gol is better for activities. The Patiala Shahi etc look very nice but for are useless when it comes to doing anything physical in them (running, fighting etc etc). The shahi dastaar looks better when wearing a suit etc for work.

I saw some good styles in Pak last year. There old blokes tie dastaar like you see in old pictures, the cloth looks very loose one one side and not in any order. The youngsters there tie shahi type dastaar where each bal is nice and clean to the eye.

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

it depends on u reli

i found that my dhamlla n keski is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more comfortable and stable than a dastaar. n i mean waaaaaaaaaaaaay more

knok the bak of the dastaar n it will fly a mile, remember, the keski n dhamalla r so stable, that the sikh cud fight in them

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

gol dastaar is ok as long as its kinda tite not TOO tight 2 stop blood goin 2 ur brain (personal experience) LOL.gif and not too lose dat it feels lyk coming off. the thing i lyk abt gol dastaar is dat its MUCHH easier that the pujnabi traditional pagh and since it is easier, it is easier 2 make it neat n dat.. get me? try experimenting wid a 7 metre cloth.. damn i forgot wot cloth u need hope sum1 else can help blush.gif

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

103302[/snapback]

7 METRESSSSSS i only use about 1 and a half or sumut like dat, suits me just fine

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

103302[/snapback]

Mal Mal