i feel very lonely..

waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fatehh !

(please forgive me if i have said anything wrong.. as it is 330 am and im just putting in random thoughts that occur to me as they come....)

Just one of those questions that i always wanted to ask ..

.. i ask it all the time to my friends, family and even here and got answers such as no we are not alone, guru ji is always wit us..

.. but i know hes wit us .. but other than guru ji being here doesnt anyone else have that feeling where your all alone, dat you feel no one else is there for you when you need them...

.. i have been like this for a while.. just been thinking a lot expecially since i started university this year, got a whole place to myself.. struggling to finish my studdies where it would be all upto guru sahib to help me through where it looks basically IMPOSSIBLE if he doesnt help me get through .. and a whole lost of personal life problems and basically trying to get through them day by day ..

.. why do i feel so lonely .. i feel guru ji rite there.. but why do i still feel like crying most of the time .. why do i want to forget all that and start joking wit friends, try to avoid thinking that by posting jokes instead of something inspirational on SS.. why ??

.. yes im a singh .. for those who know me i get reli high tempered and a lot of krodh in me .. i dont think i get this emotional usually.. i just feel like letting it all out by just crying out to guru ji ..

any help ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are tired and discouraged from fruitless efforts... God knows how hard you have tried.

When you've cried so long and your heart is in anguish... God has counted your tears.

If you feel that your life is on hold and time has passed you by ... God is waiting with you.

When you're lonely and your friends are too busy even for a phone call... God is by your side.

When you think you've tried everything and don't know where to turn... God has a solution.

When nothing makes sense and you are confused or frustrated... God has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter and you find traces of hope ... God has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you have much to be thankful for... God has blessed you.

When something joyful happens and you are filled with awe... God has smiled upon you.

When you have a purpose to fulfill and a dream to follow... God has opened your eyes and called you by name.

Remember that wherever you are or whatever you are facing... GOD KNOWS.

oey be a man dassan dassa

real singhs don't cry, they make the enimies cry :nihungsmile:

as for being lonely there is a very good companion and ie. books. read them and loneliness will fly out of the window.

also involve urself in some sporting activities.boxing is a gr8 time pass..

all the best.

When you are tired and discouraged from fruitless efforts... God knows how hard you have tried.

When you've cried so long and your heart is in anguish... God has counted your tears.

If you feel that your life is on hold and time has passed you by ... God is waiting with you.

When you're lonely and your friends are too busy even for a phone call... God is by your side.

When you think you've tried everything and don't know where to turn... God has a solution.

When nothing makes sense and you are confused or frustrated... God has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter and you find traces of hope ... God has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you have much to be thankful for... God has blessed you.

When something joyful happens and you are filled with awe... God has smiled upon you.

When you have a purpose to fulfill and a dream to follow... God has opened your eyes and called you by name.

:doh: :doh:

... thanks for the reply guys ... expecially akal purk di fauj .. bro you made my day .. thank u :doh: hug.gif

real singhs don't cry, they make the enimies cry 

as for being lonely there is a very good companion and ie. books. read them and loneliness will fly out of the window.

also involve urself in some sporting activities.boxing is a gr8 time pass..

all the best.

I dont like reading books anymore... and for those who know me know that i love hockey so im very actively involved in sports and other activities.. thanks for the insight though :TH:

:doh: @

ki hoya :doh: ?

mayb u need a wife  :doh:

like sum1 huz OFFICIALY yours i.e. a wife (like she'll hear u out ....wheneva n where eva )

but dats no gauranttttteeee(spellin?!?) coz its very difficult 2 find em kinda gals

try this method after u've tried all the rest

coz i cud b veri veri wrong  rolleyes.gif

104223[/snapback]

not a bad idea .. :doh:

real singhs don't cry, they make the enimies cry :nihungsmile:

104200[/snapback]

Just wanted to say that I thought these 2 lines were a bit unworthy (despite the presence of the smiley) of such a heartfelt posting.

I'm afraid Singhs (and Kaurs) do cry; I've cried. I've cried when my cousin passed away; when my grandfather passed away and at other times. I'm not talking about loud crying and wailing but the gentle flow of involuntary tears. These are not tears of pain as a child may pass when they get hurt but emotional tears of sorrow in a painful emotional moment. They might be momentary and we soon pass over this stage as we try to remember the joy of those of who passed away and that we must not grieve endlessly; we do Ardas and an Akand Paath and understand that this was Gods will.

So we do cry and sometimes we can't help it. It's nothing to do with being a man - it's to do with being human.

We don't need to make our enemies cry; we act humanely and compassionately; we win our battles without needless pain and suffering.

To Daasn Daas Paaji, the reply by Akal Purakh Di Fauj is spot on. You're not the only one who has felt the way you feel; I know the feeling too. Sometimes it is worse than other times. I'm afraid life isnt easy; sometimes you just have to focus on something else and try and put these worries into perspective. I know what you mean about feeling that "no one is there for you" but remember God is always there for you and also your family is always there for you. I bet they've never let you down and when you really need them that they have been there for you and this is because they are there your family and thats what familes are for. Thank waheguru that you are blessed with such a family.

So worry not; concentrate on what is good; read something inspirational; I know when I'm low I always find myself draw back to the story of the Sahibzadey; of Dashmesh Pita Ji; they always had hope and its because of them and many other outstanding Sikhs that we are here. We will never have to face the kind of adversity they faced so take courage from their examples.

You'll probably find that you're not the only one who feels like this - you can count me in the club but there's people out there who need me to be strong so I try; I may not always succeed but that won't be because of not trying and in turn I hope they are strong for me. But it's hard being strong all the time so you will find yourself flagging somedays. But there is someone that is always strong for us and you and everyone else knows who that is. Akal Purakh Di Fauj said it brilliantly.

Bhul Chuk Marfi