i feel very lonely..

it's human to cry...nothing wrong with that. :doh: if the going really gets you down, it's alright to cry....crying relieves alot of pent-up emotions and frustrations. And it's so therapeutic to cry things all out to Guru Sahib then do paath then when u take a hukamnama...you really feel the love of Guru Sahib flowing out towards you and that's an AMAZING feeling. And remember these loving words of Guru Sahib anytime you feel like all's lost and it'll zap you back to reality and give you heaps of comfort:

"Naanak chintaa matt karo chintaa tis hee hay, Jall meh jant upayen tinna bhi rojee deh"

and

"Tu kaahay dolaih praneeya tudh raakhaiga sirjanhaar. Jin paidaais tu kiya soee deh adhaar. Jin upayee maydanee soee karda saar."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and just one other thing I wanted to add - if you have any little kids in the family - then play with them. Any amount of time spent playing with happy little kids is one of the most wonderful things in the world. I can't get enough of playing with my young neices and newphews (and they have such cool names like Karam Singh, Gian Kaur etc and I love calling out "KARAM SINGH .... NO!! - as he tries to eat dirt :-)

I tell you spending any amount of time with little kids helps put man things in perspective - heck I can't wait for when I have kids and I'm just going to become a house husband while the kids are young and spend all day playing with them and putting them to bed and giving them baths etc. Heck I don't want to go to work everyday - I want to stay at home and teach them gatka and cool stuff. Hmm so if the missus wants to do the same ... how we going to survive ... damn!

and thats quite enough from me.

Don't quit when the tide is lowest

For it's just about the turn;

Don't quit over doubts and questions,

For there is something you may learn.

Don't quit when the night is darkest,

For it's just a while till dawn;

Don't quit when you've run the farthest,

For the race is almost won.

Don't quit when the hill is steepest,

For your goal is almost nigh;

Don't quit, for you're not a failure

Until you fail to try.

- anonymous source

Oh and just one other thing I wanted to add - if you have any little kids in the family - then play with them. Any amount of time spent playing with happy little kids is one of the most wonderful things in the world. I can't get enough of playing with my young neices and newphews (and they have such cool names like Karam Singh, Gian Kaur etc and I love calling out "KARAM SINGH .... NO!! - as he tries to eat dirt :-)

I tell you spending any amount of time with little kids helps put man things in perspective - heck I can't wait for when I have kids and I'm just going to become a house husband while the kids are young and spend all day playing with them and putting them to bed and giving them baths etc. Heck I don't want to go to work everyday - I want to stay at home and teach them gatka and cool stuff. Hmm so if the missus wants to do the same ... how we going to survive ... damn!

and thats quite enough from me.

104265[/snapback]

one of the best things i luv .. are KIDS.. i think i wrote that many times on this forum that they are one thing dat inspire me the most.. but sadly i dont have any kids in my immediate family .. i think i should get married :doh: .. if i do, it would be for the kids because i LOVEEEEEEE kids !!! blush.gif

... and balait da sher... that was amaaazing ... thank u ... :doh: ...

thank u all for being here, giving me some insight... thank u ...

:doh:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!!

Hey jaspaul veerji.. manleen here!!

well about u feeling lonely.. always remeber that for one.. there are ppl that care, and guru ji cares.. he does everything for a reason rite? When i get that feeling, i do tons of chupai sahib... so u shud too! but, jus stay strong..

And p.s Crying is gud for the body, and mind... to let out all ur pain..!!!

Hahaha and dun 4get to invite me to ur wedding veeer!!

Love, Manleen Kaur

Gurfateh!!

Daasn Daas Veer Ji, i may not know you and you may not know me, but im here if you wana hug :doh:

I know how u feel, iv been in a exact situation as you this year, but whats kept me going is the sangat ive met, locally, also on this website which i seem to be hooked on :doh:

You may have noticed the times i post on here are very irregular, its currently 3.21am but it keeps me learning something new. Even if i should be revising ohmy.gif

I thing that ikept doing was i bought my vaja to uni with me. As much as it has annoyed my flatmates. It's been my best friend, along with my monkey (not a real one blush.gif )

Its apparant you've got a lot of people who are there for you, just by reading this thread will make you aware of that. But if you need anything let me know :doh:

Take care veer ji :doh:

Gurfateh!!

Do ardaas. That is the key. Let everything out, every thought that is on your mind, every worry, whatever, good or bad just let it all out. Your view should be that you are talking to Dashmesh Pita himself and he is listening to everything that you are saying, like talking to a person. The rest Guru Sahib will do.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

When you are tired and discouraged from fruitless efforts... God knows how hard you have tried.

When you've cried so long and your heart is in anguish... God has counted your tears.

If you feel that your life is on hold and time has passed you by ... God is waiting with you.

When you're lonely and your friends are too busy even for a phone call... God is by your side.

When you think you've tried everything and don't know where to turn... God has a solution.

When nothing makes sense and you are confused or frustrated... God has the answer.

If suddenly your outlook is brighter and you find traces of hope ... God has whispered to you.

When things are going well and you have much to be thankful for... God has blessed you.

When something joyful happens and you are filled with awe... God has smiled upon you.

When you have a purpose to fulfill and a dream to follow... God has opened your eyes and called you by name.

Remember that wherever you are or whatever you are facing... GOD KNOWS.

104189[/snapback]

:doh: wow :doh: very nicely put, amazing :TH:

oey be a man dassan dassa

real singhs don't cry, they make the enimies cry :nihungsmile:

104200[/snapback]

:doh: as for u, think twice b4 u post

this is very insensitive anf if u dun hav sumthin nice to say, dun say it at all cuz no1 wants to hear stupid meaningless remarks like the one u just made

even if it wuz as a joke wit ur lil winking smile at the end it doesnt matter cuz sum ppl mite b offended

I for one wuz greatly offended by this cuz veerji is pouring his heart out to the sangat and u say sumthin w/o thinking and be a total jackass

neway

great posts guyz, all r great suggestions and inspiring posts blush.gif

Your post implied you're missing a woman, sorry if I am wrong?

Anyways, I know how you feel. I've been there, until I realized it was stupid to feel that way and I really wasn't alone. Right now I'm living life and making the best of it without these feelings of lonliness. You should too! I'm all the way in Australia and I have no family here. I think about God everyday and just the thought of him keeps my heart warm. If there's one entity that will never leave you it's God. You're not alone, so why are you feeling this way? You have no reason to feel lonely. God has given you a loving family, a great group of friends and a good standard of living. There are millions of real lonely people out there - you're not one of them.

Don't let these thoughts pre-occupy your mind because thinking or crying about it will not improve the situation. You can think all you want, but the reality is you'll still be the way you are and nothing will change. You're a 22 year old Singh and you're letting this keep you down? Come on mate...enjoy the life God has given you.

Keep your head up high, Singh.

I'm all the way in Australia and I have no family here. I think about God everyday and just the thought of him keeps my heart warm.

EXACT same story here for me.......during my initial days downunder i used to cry lots cuz of the loneliness and isolation i felt.....it took me a good whole 2 weeks to finally snap out of all the crying and pining and missing family/friends etc to put things into perspective and work towards what i am here for. Precious moments with my vaajaa and gutkaa count for alot too cuz that way, i don't feel alone because Guru Sahib is with me, cheering me on to complete the race i'm running. So you're not alone Dasndaas veerjee. Chaupaee sahib works wonders...keep naam jupping and your pain and loneliness will disappear.