YOGA?

Here we go again.... Japa which the 10 Gurus have spoken about was already used as a Meditation in the Yoag Sutras long long before Guru Nanak spoke of it. So this Japa out of many other types of Yoga methods now all of a sudden becomes the only way and all other are methods are pointless. Yes they are pointless 'TO A SIKH', but you cannot generalize this view on the whole of population and say it will not get you Mukhti. There have been and are thousand of Saints, one in particulare is Parmahanse Yogananda, who learned Kriya Yoga from his Guru and if you know anything abuot Parmahanse ji, you would know that he was and is one with God.

The Path of Guru Nanak is Bhagti-Marg and Prem-Marg, NOT Yoag-Marg, that is obvious. You also need to undesrtand why yoga in the age of Kal-Yug not the best way to be with that Oneness. That is why our Guru treaded away from such practiced, because of the difficulty along with the fact that you were bound to lose yourself in such intricate methods without a Master to teach you or Guide you.

Now for the obvious responses this thread will recieve will reject Yoga as if it is 'Mukhee in their Cha'. But then again it is your Cha, not mine, make it how you see fit. I just hope whatever it is that you drink it will quinch your thirst. :doh: .

Good day my beloveds.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE YOGA! It totally releases tension from the body so energy may flow through without resistance, if you are really focus on the stretches and breathing you will find it also stills your mind. I feel so light and joyful after hatha yoga, it totally prepares me for sitting meditation. Try hatha yoga, I'm sure you will be a happier person.

Here we go again.... Japa which the 10 Gurus have spoken about was already used as a Meditation  in the Yoag Sutras long long before Guru Nanak spoke of it.  So this Japa out of many other types of Yoga methods now all of a sudden becomes the only way and all other are methods are pointless.  Yes they are pointless 'TO A SIKH', but you cannot generalize this view on the whole of population and say it will not get you Mukhti.  There have been and are thousand of Saints, one in particulare is Parmahanse Yogananda, who learned Kriya Yoga from his Guru and if you know anything abuot Parmahanse ji, you would know that he was and is one with God.   

The Path of Guru Nanak is Bhagti-Marg and Prem-Marg, NOT Yoag-Marg,  that is obvious.  You also need to undesrtand why yoga in the age of Kal-Yug not the best way to be with that Oneness.  That is why our Guru treaded away from such practiced, because of the difficulty along with the fact that you were bound to lose yourself in such intricate methods without a Master to teach you or Guide you. 

Now for the obvious responses this thread will recieve will reject Yoga as if it is 'Mukhee in their Cha'.  But then again it is your Cha, not mine, make it how you see fit.  I just hope whatever it is that you drink it will quinch your thirst. :doh: .

Good day my beloveds.

105021[/snapback]

did you just say that guru ji didn't do yoga because he would have lost himself in it and that he needed someone to teach and guide him?

veer jes

banee is from akaal, it is a roop of akaal

banee says yoga is manmath

i will post bhai randheer singh jes extract from thier book

it shows y yoga is false

as for paths

veer je

this is kaljug

most paths are false, read bhagat kabir kes banee about beneraes ke thug

this jug is full of people who delude others into thinking something is the truth but it isnt

i reccomend u do a sehaj paat, if not already, and if u have already, fgo slowly and try to think of the meanings

because banee proves yoga wrong

sants have encounteredpowerful yogees

who were not onw with vaheguru

yoga will not unite u with akaal

this is a warning to everyone

im not sayin this, banee and gurmukh jeevans like bhai sahib are

again, i revomend to everyone to read sidh gosht which exposes the ways of yoga and the lies in it, and shows the truth to this world, which was the purpose of guru nanakd ev je, to take this world out of darkness, to set a light, to show people the true opath admistmany paths which lead to darkness

yoga will not give u mukhthee

read sidh gosht

and bhai sahibds book i very good, i will scan as soon as possible

bhula chuka maf

Here we go again.... Japa which the 10 Gurus have spoken about was already used as a Meditation  in the Yoag Sutras long long before Guru Nanak spoke of it.  So this Japa out of many other types of Yoga methods now all of a sudden becomes the only way and all other are methods are pointless.  Yes they are pointless 'TO A SIKH', but you cannot generalize this view on the whole of population and say it will not get you Mukhti.  There have been and are thousand of Saints, one in particulare is Parmahanse Yogananda, who learned Kriya Yoga from his Guru and if you know anything abuot Parmahanse ji, you would know that he was and is one with God.   

The Path of Guru Nanak is Bhagti-Marg and Prem-Marg, NOT Yoag-Marg,  that is obvious.  You also need to undesrtand why yoga in the age of Kal-Yug not the best way to be with that Oneness.  That is why our Guru treaded away from such practiced, because of the difficulty along with the fact that you were bound to lose yourself in such intricate methods without a Master to teach you or Guide you. 

Now for the obvious responses this thread will recieve will reject Yoga as if it is 'Mukhee in their Cha'.  But then again it is your Cha, not mine, make it how you see fit.  I just hope whatever it is that you drink it will quinch your thirst. :doh: .

Good day my beloveds.

105021[/snapback]

did you just say that guru ji didn't do yoga because he would have lost himself in it and that he needed someone to teach and guide him?

105036[/snapback]

No veer ji, i did not just say that. The Guru treaded away, as in within their message to 'US' they treaded away from Yoga. Please do not take me for a fool that i would say such an absurd thing. :doh:

I dont think that streching my back will help me find God, meditating "nothing" will not be bring me closer to God. But reading listening or repeating phrases of God will, thinking of HIM will, but trying to make my forhead touch my knee wont!

I tried posting the staring post on Sikhnet and they rejected it. grin.gif

this is from Gurbaani on Yoga:

gauVI mhlw 5 ] (208-1)

ga-orhee mehlaa 5.

Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

jog jugiq suin AwieE gur qy ] (208-1, gauVI, mÚ 5)

jog jugat sun aa-i-o gur tay.

I came to the Guru, to learn the Way of Yoga.

mo kau siqgur sbid buJwieE ]1] rhwau ] (208-1, gauVI, mÚ 5)

mo ka-o satgur sabad bujhaa-i-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.

The True Guru has revealed it to me through the Word of the Shabad. ||1||Pause||

nau KMf ipRQmI iesu qn mih rivAw inmK inmK nmskwrw ] (208-2, gauVI, mÚ 5)

na-o khand parithmee is tan meh ravi-aa nimakh nimakh namaskaaraa.

He is contained in the nine continents of the world, and within this body; each and every moment, I humbly bow to Him.

dIiKAw gur kI muMdRw kwnI idRiVE eyku inrMkwrw ]1] (208-2, gauVI, mÚ 5)

deekhi-aa gur kee mundraa kaanee darirhi-o ayk nirankaaraa. ||1||

I have made the Guru's Teachings my ear-rings, and I have enshrined the One Formless Lord within my being. ||1||

pMc cyly imil Bey iekqRw eyksu kY vis kIey ] (208-3, gauVI, mÚ 5)

panch chaylay mil bha-ay iktaraa aykas kai vas kee-ay.

I have brought the five disciples together, and they are now under the control of the one mind.

ds bYrwgin AwigAwkwrI qb inrml jogI QIey ]2] (208-3, gauVI, mÚ 5)

das bairaagan aagi-aakaaree tab nirmal jogee thee-ay. ||2||

When the ten hermits become obedient to the Lord, then I became an immaculate Yogi. ||2||

Brmu jrwie crweI ibBUqw pMQu eyku kir pyiKAw ] (208-4, gauVI, mÚ 5)

bharam jaraa-ay charaa-ee bibhootaa panth ayk kar paykhi-aa.

I have burnt my doubt, and smeared my body with the ashes. My path is to see the One and Only Lord.

shj sUK so kInI Bugqw jo Twkuir msqik lyiKAw ]3] (208-5, gauVI, mÚ 5)

sahj sookh so keenee bhugtaa jo thaakur mastak laykhi-aa. ||3||

I have made that intuitive peace my food; the Lord Master has written this pre-ordained destiny upon my forehead. ||3||

jh Bau nwhI qhw Awsnu bwiDE isMgI Anhq bwnI ] (208-5, gauVI, mÚ 5)

jah bha-o naahee tahaa aasan baaDhi-o singee anhat baanee.

In that place where there is no fear, I have assumed my Yogic posture. The unstruck melody of His Bani is my horn.

qqu bIcwru fMfw kir rwiKE jugiq nwmu min BwnI ]4] (208-6, gauVI, mÚ 5)

tat beechaar dandaa kar raakhi-o jugat naam man bhaanee. ||4||

I have made contemplation upon the essential reality my Yogic staff. The Love of the Name in my mind is my Yogic lifestyle. ||4||

AYsw jogI vfBwgI BytY mwieAw ky bMDn kwtY ] (208-6, gauVI, mÚ 5)

aisaa jogee vadbhaagee bhaytai maa-i-aa kay banDhan kaatai.

By great good fortune, such a Yogi is met, who cuts away the bonds of Maya.

syvw pUj krau iqsu mUriq kI nwnku iqsu pg cwtY ]5]11]132] (208-7, gauVI, mÚ 5)

sayvaa pooj kara-o tis moorat kee naanak tis pag chaatai. ||5||11||132||

Nanak serves and adores this wondrous person, and kisses his feet. ||5||11||132||

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Basically the best Yoga is the yoga of contemplating the Shabad and conquering the Punj Doots. Physical exercise and difficult positions will not enlighten one's knowledge of Waaheguru, this is only capable through Baani.

As a exercise it is cool, but it is a waste of time without Naam, which is in Baani.

Basically the best Yoga is the yoga of contemplating the Shabad and conquering the Punj Doots.  Physical exercise and difficult positions will not enlighten one's knowledge of Waaheguru, this is only capable through Baani. 

As a exercise it is cool, but it is a waste of time without Naam, which is in Baani.

105054[/snapback]

:doh:

Why couldn't I just say that?

Well, I m currently living with goree (american) sikhs. There is a summer camp going on these days. I was amazed to see so many people frm different countries enjoying simran of God by "Waheguru satnaam" chanting. I was amazed to see people doing Gatka with great slogans like "Bole so nihal", "deg teg fateh", "raj karega khalsa". I remember I was reading reharaas sahib on these beautiful mountains with my friend( an american sikh), and during reharaas sahib we were listening the beautiful chanting of satnaam waheguru from the summer camp. They also did gatka after tht. In gatka even small kids were playing gatka and it was amazing. So many sikh girls were doing gatka with passion chanting "sat sri akal". It was just out of the world. Come here to Espanola to experience a new world where people wear beautiful turban given by my father dhan sri guru gobind singh ji with pride. They grow their beards and keep umm flowing just to represent the image of my great guru king of kings guru gobind singh ji.

Yupp!! they do yoga but with every breath they take during yoga they say the great Name of my Lord. They say "God u r wonderfull" that is "WAHEGURU" with every breath they take. Isn't that amazing. I love being here cuz people come here really to learn something and acheive something spirtually.

I spent 5 months earlier also with these guys( I was on an intern), I cant forget those beatiful time cuz they helped me grow my hair back. They showed me the sikhi way again which I had lost due to peer pressure and my manmat.

Balwinder Singh I agree that the "Gore" Sikhs are awesome. I think what some of the mmembers are trying to say is that Yoga for enlightenment is worthless.

First of all there are so many types of Yoga and I forgot the one that the "Gore" Sikhs follow. Anyways all I want to say is that no one is knocking them. It is just important to educate ourselves so we can become better Sikhs. We should be aware of what Baani tells us on the subject and from your description of what the "Gore" sikhs practice it seems more like meditation rather than the classic definition of Yoga or the one we see on TV.

Off topic, but I heard from a Gursikh that the "Gore" Sikhs immersed the ashes of Yogi Bhajan in the Ganga river, is this true?