CONFUSED! NEED HELP!

dont waste your precious time, how can scriptures be contaminated by alcohol and meat! its more beadbi stopping someones wedding! I advise not to disclose the venue or date of the wedding...these people will ruine someones day and you will also be a part of the sin! life is about peace love and unity! not fanaticism

109693[/snapback]

It's people like this who have got embroiled in "man's" law. These sort of people say that someone's weeding will be ruined.

In this day and age, everyone is bothered about pleasing their parents, brothers, sisters and family but has anyone bothered about thinking of how they please the ultimate Creator, Waheguru?

I say what's wrong is wrong end of story. It's wrong to take the Guru Granth into places where there is alcohol as this goes against the teachings of Sikhi.

Many Singhs and Singhni's have given their lives to protect their Dharam but narrow minded people forget this. Just listen to the Ardass carefully next time and you will hear about the Sikhs who have died for their faith.

"If by following one's religion fully makes one a fanatic, then a fanatic I am."

The above quote is an adapatation of one by Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very interesting points! you people sound very brave and courageous! lol However, its a well known fact that modern sikhs live off the reputation of sikhs of the past i.e. Bhinderanwala. You people talk the talk...but you cant walk the walk! You're all very brave siiting at your PC's, oh well it keeps me entertained! LOL LOL LOL Can someone please tell me when the next wedding is so i can come and watch and have a laff!

very interesting points! you people sound very brave and courageous! lol However, its a well known fact that modern sikhs live off the reputation of sikhs of the past i.e. Bhinderanwala. You people talk the talk...but you cant walk the walk! You're all very brave siiting at your PC's, oh well it keeps me entertained! LOL LOL LOL Can someone please tell me when the next wedding is so i can come and watch and have a laff!

110029[/snapback]

I will tell you now that I talk the talk AND I walk the walk. I am proud of Sikhi and of the men and women that have fought to preserve it. If I see injustice happening, I will go and attempt to sort it out regardless of who the person is. This is in accordance with what our Guru's taught us.

Wherever someone is in the right, I will fight for the truth! A few situations have arised where I have stood up for the truth!

Question is have you Sant Mat? And about your post saying that "modern sikhs live of the reputation of Sikhs of the past." Let me tell you, I am one of those 'supposed MODERN sikhs' but my thinking, attitude and outlook on life is a lot like the Sikhs of the past. Just because YOU can't do anything, doesn't mean there aren't Sikhs out there who can and WILL!

Bole So Nihaal!!!! Sat Sri Akal!!!!!!!

110029[/snapback]

I will tell you now that I talk the talk AND I walk the walk. I am proud of Sikhi and of the men and women that have fought to preserve it. If I see injustice happening, I will go and attempt to sort it out regardless of who the person is. This is in accordance with what our Guru's taught us.

Wherever someone is in the right, I will fight for the truth! A few situations have arised where I have stood up for the truth!

Question is have you Sant Mat? And about your post saying that "modern sikhs live of the reputation of Sikhs of the past." Let me tell you, I am one of those 'supposed MODERN sikhs' but my thinking, attitude and outlook on life is a lot like the Sikhs of the past. Just because YOU can't do anything, doesn't mean there aren't Sikhs out there who can and WILL!

Bole So Nihaal!!!! Sat Sri Akal!!!!!!!

110039[/snapback]

Unfrotuntatly bro its true what he is saying...

Many of these modern days sikhs talk alot but never actually do!!! Its all good fighting for stuff, say loads of people are willing to go round and smash up a few muslims in the name of "Sikhi" but how many are willing to stop cutting their kesh, follow rehat, take amrit! In the Name of Sikhi? Not many.

No offence to anyone, but it is the saddened truth. Even Amritdharis live of the rep! At uni i met a guy, we asked him to come to the al-mahajaroun rally last yr. He said, i dnt wona get a chapal thrown at my head, he was amritdhari, yet when it come to couple of muslims givin him a dirty look, he was all up for it then!!!

What Sant Mat has said is tru but i also agree with you!! its true, there are very few out there who still walk the path of the shaheed singhs! if only there were more of your great ability!

For anyone that can "talk the talk" and agree that beadbi is being done to Guru Ji, here is your chance to proove it. Details will come shortly as to the times and locations as a wedding has been bought to the attention of the campaign.

Here we will really see who the Real Sikhs of Guru Gobind Singh Ji are seperated from those who will run.

Please note, i have alot of respect for the sangat here, but unless those who have all said we should do something etc and are from the UK to not turn up!! then that respect will be greatly lost!!

I do not mean that to sound offensive, but its all good saying we need to do something, well maharaj is giving the opportunity to unite and solve this problem. Let us join together.

The wedding is on Saturday 30th in Slough (i believe its slough) i will enclose proper details when get them.

If people have work, phone in sick, take a day off, declare you are saving your Guru, whatever, there should b no excuses, Guru Ji helps us when we ask, lets return the favour.

WJKK WJKF

if u know of nethin in canada (toronto area) please let us know.. there have already been several weddings that i know of that were changed from a banquet hall to a gurdwara because of the disrespect issue that was brought up by other Sikhs.... and it was all done peacefully.. u only resort to 'forceful' removal if they choose to ignore the benti of the sangat...

bhul chuk maaf....

Sat Sri Akal:

Hey, at least people are beginning to talk the talk...didn't even have that before.

110121[/snapback]

talking it and doing it are too different things thats the prob!! if people actually do it now then it will help loads.

We dnt hear of anything in canada but if we do i will let you know.

It is good tho at least now people are aware but still, if all these people who are aware, and say its bad!! Get up and do something then a BIG change will be made. The papers themselves call the small "Gangs of Yobs" and "thugs" extremists that stop wedding days and cause the families to spend more money in a low class Gurdwara!! When its obvious a hotel wedding will cost SO MUCH more!!!

If we can get the older generations on our side then we have won the battle. As they are the key, youth look like trouble makers where as elders look responsible!!1

Oh great another wedding! All info make sure post all the info on here so i come as well!

110156[/snapback]

Good!! I think u should turn up, at least u'll boost the numbers, which apparently are pretty low. Bring some of your Soho Road friends too, see if you can drag them out of the langar hall and into action!