Should They Be Respected?

hardykaur

Oh my... Dear Sisters on this forum... I understand your concerns, your feelings, and situations. In december, I went to the Gurudwara...everything was good... except for when i went to leave. An old man, turbaned etc, was coming towards the Gurudwara, but when he saw me leaving he followed me instead. Out of respect I nodded my head to acknowledge him. Then he put out his hand to shake mine, so i shook his hand and walked on. But then he kept following me. I turned a corner, and he was still there behind me, walked faster and caught up, went infront of me, looked to see if anyone was there... I said "What what..." i became very nervous... what is this person thinking... his eyes changed - you could see the evil in his eyes of this thoughts, he grabbed onto the arm of my coat saying something in punjabi that i dont understand (cause i dont speak punjabi), and he proceeded to try and make me touch his.... but i had removed my arm from inside the coat... looking him straight in the eye, i started yanking with all my weight and force... then i yelled out, and he finally let go and i walked off quickly without even looking back.

I have not returned to that Gurudwara as of yet, and i dont intend to, unless im with other people. I dont know who this guy was, and i might not be able to differentiate him from a crowd of old sikh men in bana. I though, what if i call the Gurudwara... wellllll - i dont speak punjabi, and they hardly speak english - and then... i have no proof... i dont even know who this person is...

---- other thoughts solutions will come in my next post, soon ----

112171[/snapback]

OMG!dat is sick!

WE NEED 2 SORT THIS OUT NOW B4 IT GETS 2 LATE!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF

This may sound OTT. But, after these incidents have happened, the victims should write the incident down, and say exactly what happened and when it happened. They can also go to the extent of video-taping or photographing the perpetrators.

After the incident, victims should take a note of the events that happened. Once they have sufficient evidence, show it to the heads of that Gurdwara, and their name will be blackened and condemned, and most importantly; justice will be served. If they think they can get away with harassing penji's, they should think again. Also, it’s a good idea if they can try to avoid being alone in the first place, and go with someone.

I hope all of the penjis here are safe and sound, but be careful though, and heed my advice.

God Bless you all! :)

:) Why even call these people gianis? Gianis are ppl wth spiritual knowledge n stuff like that. If they truly were sikhs and "gianis" they wudnt do stuff like that or so i think wacko.gif they do not deserve to be called gianis. i kinda think these days the title giani has been misused . May Guru Ji show them the right way. Also, it is important that you do something about it, he could be doing it to more people. Tell a Gurdwara official or something. This is injustice and as a sikh it is important to fight that.

I agree with u united paji/penji. Nowadays the title Gyani is being misused. Such people like these sick disgusted men should be shown there right path and kicked out of Gurdwara Sahib if they act in such a disgraceful manner.