Dowry Death

kds1980

wjkk

wjkf

yesterday i read the news of 19 year old charanpreet kaur burnt alive by her inn laws .the family is fully keshdhari.after reading the news i was shocked.even the hitler cannot do such type of crueltly.worst is that these people call themselves sikh

read the news yourself

hursday, August 25, 2005 (Delhi):

A young pregnant woman succumbed to burn injuries in Delhi, in a case of what her family alleges was a dowry death.

Twenty-year-old Charanpreet Kaur was married to Sarabjeet Singh, a resident of Tilak Nagar in Delhi, just eight months back.

Kaur's family said her husband and in-laws poured kerosene over her on the day of Rakhi and set her on fire.

"We spent Rs 4 lakh on the wedding and gave Rs 1 lakh to the boy for business. But they wanted more dowry and finally killed her for it," said Satwant Singh, Charanpreet's father.

Sordid tale

Charanpreet was four months pregnant and hovered between life and death for five days.

She managed to give a statement to the police, saying that Sarabjeet and his family gagged her, beat her up and finally burnt her.

She also accused her father-in-law of making sexual advances towards her, and appears to have paid a heavy price for refusing him.

Police have arrested Sarabjeet and his father, while the rest of the family members are missing.

"We have arrested the husband and the father-in-law but I can't comment any further till the investigation is on," said K K Sharma, SDM, West Delhi.

Charanpreet's relatives are now demanding justice, not just for their daughter but also for her unborn child.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Thats bad and i dont think they know the meaning of becoming a Keshdari they must of just done it to show off to the world.- Which is against Sikhi.

I would just like to ask isnt Dowry against Sikhi?

Have you got the link to this news?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

:wub: i am absolutely hurt and saddened by this news, it seem to b so ommon in india, what have these people learnt from the past and how come they still are getting way with this, fine police have arrested them but how is it they have such confidence in carrying this sort of thing out. The police the givernment is all just as bad. think 1984, think why, think india. That supposed to be land of our guru's.....it just vary sad and utterly shameful.................vaheguru

gurfateh ji sad.gifpray.gif

These inhuman attrocities have been plaguing India for close to 20 years now. It has become a negative aspect of Indian society, no matter what religion those butchers claim to follow. A number of social welfare organizations have been trying hard to overcome it, even some movies were made to spread awareness, and they flopped.

Dowry deaths are ever so common...it is simply disgusting...if any of you have read this book by Subhadra Butalia "Gift of a Daughter"...it will just mildly show the degree of severety this issue warrants...most of the case studies cited in there are that of Sikh women. In Sikhism, dowry is not allowed at all...if i remember correctly :wub:: , Guru Raamdaas Jee outlawed giving dowries for weddings or fixing up marriages.....this is what happens when gurujee's hukam is contravened and we get stuck in lobh...5 lakhs for dowry wasn't enough, so they kill the wife and her unborn baby in a gruesome manner...i'm disgusted and saddened. 2 lives gone just like that over money,greed, unsolicited sexual advances. no.gifno.gifno.gif