Koran, For Research Or Keeping In Home

hi sangat

iz it right to keep koran in your home when guru granth sahib ji is not in your home. Even if the keper says its for general knowlege and thas it. doesnt research need to be jus in library etc and not in home especially if one is amritdhari.

loking forward to reply's

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with studying different religions? I encourage myself to do that...like talking to people of different religions and cultures...just to grab nice things from their religion. I found in most of the cases their religion teachings to be quite similar to sikhism. I have bible and gita at my place....i dont think its wrong. just my views.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

I think its ok, I know someone in India he is a teacher (Religious techer @ aryan school) and he have all different kind of granths and he take care of them as it is supposed to be done by the religion with whom this granth relates too. well he is a hindu (pandit) but he also have guru granth and he take care of it the same way baba do........... along with this he know many languages too...

So, Its OK!

I wana read all granths, quran and vedas too...

<<<< If you are amritdhari, you especially should have literature of all religions at hand.

It is basically a requirement to study and understand all other religions as well.

"Ram Rahim Quran Puran, Anek kahe mat ek na maneo" >>>>

GushK Ji, strange how you say that we should study all religions and then give a quote from gurbani which translates to "I do not believe in Ram, Rahim the purans or the Koran" :TH:

Paah(i)(n) gahay jab thay thumray thab thay ko’oo aa(n)kh tharay nahee(n) aanyo| raam raheem puraan kuraan anayk khahai(n) math ayk ‘n’ maanyo

Oh all Powerful Lord; Once grasping your holy immaculate feet, I did not even look at anything or anyone else. (Guru Sahib means that he worships the One True Lord Exclusively, with no obeisance to any deities). Raam Chaandr, Rahim, the Puranas, and the Koran. There are countless like them, but I do not yield to any of them.

Simsrith(i) saasthr baydh sabhai bah(u) bhaydh k’hai ham ayk ‘n’ jaanyo| sree as(i)paan krippaa thumaaree kar(i) mai ‘n’ kahyo sabh thoh(i) bakhanyo

All of the Simratis, Shahstr, and Vedas, say many things but I do not adhere to any of them. Oh supreme-power yielding Lord you have blessed me. I have said nothing; all was said by you through me. (Guru Sahib says that he is simply the vessel for Akaal Purakh. He only says what God allows).

My mistake....took it a little out of context

but even in this respect,

"All of the Simratis, Shahstr, and Vedas, say many things but I do not adhere to any of them."

You have to know what is written in them first, to be able to say that you will not adhere to them.

You can't just say, "I don't really know what you're on about, or what you believe in, but i'm not going to listen to u anyway" ...

The phrase "sticking your head in the sand" comes to mind. Very undignified, and very un-sikh-like :TH:

Regards

Gurshran Singh