3ho Amrit Ceremony

UntitledSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I am sorry but I have some disappointing news, I sure most of you guys have heard of 3HO, its a western Sikh group, I spoke to a young Sikh yesterday, and he told me that he took amrit about 5 months ago at the Guru Ram Das Ashram where the majority is western Sikhs. So he told me that after the ceremoney was complete, the Panj Pyare told all of them not to take any meat, or caffeen, or even sugar. He also told all of them to start practicing Yoga. I mean thats fine if they do these things but these things have nothing to do with Sikhism. Now just because of this dont prejudge all western Sikhs, there are many member of 3H0 whos love for God, and respect for Guru Granth Sahib is phenominal. I just think that they shouldn't input their diets or yoga practices, into the Khalsa.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

It's good to give up meat (shouldn't eat it anyay), caffine and sugar. You'd be a healthier person. You're going to have to give it all in the end anyway. So why not do it earlier!!

Anyway, what the Punj give you is Guru Ji's hukam. The GurSikhs you took amrit are accepting Guru Ji's Hukam. The way I interpret this is that we all come with different Karam. Our struggle for attainment all depends on our previous kamai. Guru Ji's decision comes in the form of the Punj Pyaray, we must accept whatever it is.

Yea, I dont see a problem with it, if the punj say to practice Yoga, its for the well-being of the person.

In puratan times I'm sure the punj would tell you to stay in shape, learn mul yudh, shastar/astar vidya, etc.

So Yoga in today's day and age if it keeps you fit, and if its Guru Sahib's hukam, then they should.

i agree with topic strarter that poeple shud not do add-ins no metter how well thought out its jus adding to more and more confusion,like we aint got enuf already and plus, guru maryada is first and last. orry, jus my feelings that e are moving away from themarayda big tiem and all thisyoga stuff aint for me and dont know why nay1 needs do def have it in sikhi, theydo it good on em but no forcing on others in a amrit ceremnoy, i mean come on

gurfateh ji.

That's kind of odd, no sugur or cafiene, and start yoga. I was taought that yoga and sikhi dont mix. Anyway, on the meat subject - i eat meat because of health issues, not as micha s before.

Most westerners can except the vegetarian diet tsince they have the blood type than can handle it. However since i'm type O it is not a good idea to take on a full vegetarian diet. So i eat a little, not as much as before.

That is my reason.

As for 3HO, sounds kind of grin.gif

since i'm type O it is not a good idea to take on a full vegetarian diet. So i eat a little, not as much as before.

That is my reason.

hi bhainjee, i'm just curious...could you tell us why is it not a good idea to take on a full vegetarian diet because of your bloodtype?? My bloodtype is O+ which is similar to my mum's, and both of us have been vegetarians for approx. 6-7 years now and we've never faced any complications. Just curious to find out the connection btw bloodtype and vegetarian diets. Thanks. :)

Well I attended a 3HO amrit ceremony. My friend was taking amrit so I was allowed to go in. In the rehat panj told everybdy to avoid meat, alochol or any 'nasha', and caffine ( in cluding all other kurehits). They didn't say anything about sugar but I know sugar is bad for health. In the amrit ceremony I attended, they did NOT mention ANYTTHING about yoga. They said that you should meditate and learn gurmukhi so that u can do ur baniz fluently. They also said there is no concept of 'sin' in sikhi, so beleive in sri guru granth sahib ji and progress ur spirtual journey under the supreme guidance of guru ji. They gave gurmantar 'wahguru' to everybdy to meditate on.

I will be glad to furnish any detail if required. I can ask people here.

Thanks.

Guru ang sang sahai

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh.