Muslims Attempting To Convert Other Faiths

Akali

There are so many stories nowadays of girls being seduced by muslim boys. As a girl i get peeved of that no1 actually takes into account that sikh family boys go with muslim girls. Isn't it exactly the same. In sikhi there is equality. Why make girls out to be the bad ones  :)

122308[/snapback]

I agree Sikh boys shouldnt be going out with girls from outside the religion, let alone muslims girls. But its different for guys.... equality doesnt mean we are biologically / physically the same is it?

You'll find hardly any Sikh or Muslim guy will convert to either Sikhism or Islam after going out with girls from either religion but their are quite a few well known cases off Muslim and Sikh girls off running off with Sikh and Muslim guys and converting to the respective religions.

So the problem of conversions is not with guys... It's clearly girls who have this idealist notion of love conquers all. If only that was the case but in reality their heads are in the clouds and not thinking straight.

But I would say that those who convert or go out with guys from different religion clearly werent religious in their own faith anyway. So if they feel they get better life in the other faith then so be it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GuruFateh!

I visited www.whyichosesikhism.com yesterday and was shocked at some of the literature spewed out by muslims regarding faith conversion. These people make leaflets and hand them out to their youth with quotes from the Koran regarding the impure infidels and that only followers of Islam are pure.

These leaflets outline conversion tactics that the muslims youths can employ to succesfully convert people.

I feel that the onus is on us to educate our youth about our religion and history. A lot of our people do not do this. Gurudwaras should hold more classes where the youth of today can go and learn in-depth about our religion. I feel that once you know sufficient amounts of Sikhi, no-one would even consider conversion as their own faith would be too strong.

On a final word, converting to another faith is wrong in the eyes of God. Let me explain:

I was born into a Sikh family. This was through the will of God. If he intended me to be born into a Muslim/Christian/Jewish etc. family, I would have been but I wasn't. God intended me to follow the Sikh faith and that is what I shall do. If I follow another faith, I am going against the will of God.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

121904[/snapback]

it was alot more apparent a couple of years back when i was at college. muslim guys used to always try it on with sikh girls and there were loadsa fights back then. on www.whyichosesikhism the topic entitled 'responses to muslims' is genuine because there were muslims who always used to question sikh guys and girls on their faith to try and catch em out. the site gives an answer to commonly asked questions. despite being less apparent now it still goes on, but i think on a

lesser degree. the outcry by sikhs made many people realise the conversionary tactics used by muslims a few years back. nowadays most if not all girls are aware.

but a few girls, whilst knowing continue to go down that path then what can we do.

we've tried the education, they can reap what they sow.

as for conversion theres nothing wrong but if its done by manipulation and lies and exploitation of ones religion then it is. in the bham area victims of such manipulation often say that their muslim boyfriends have taken pictures to blackmail them or downgraded sikhism by raising issues such as gurdwaras named after caste etc and going onto saying that islam is the only true religion...

er..... just a bit over a minority of muslims thinkall other go straight to ...hell

122181[/snapback]

your sooo right. many muslims, especially the youth believe that. my mate works in a predominantly muslim workplace. they always try to question him on sikhi (looking for weakpoints in his answers) and talk about hatred toward the west, justifying terrorism etc.

if this one workplace is representative of all muslims then it is very worrying indeed.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH:

N if muslims do convert Sikhs then i do believe its ok, if the sikh hasnt converted coz of misunderstanding created by them. And aslong as they never converted because of pressure or false lies by muslims. Aslong as converting to Islam was there own choice. I mean just wish good luck for them and aslong as they find the way to God- thats all that matters, whether its through Islam, Sikhi, Judaism etc dont matter.

I mean whats it to us anyway if they convert with thier own choice, its thier life and just hope them well. And by them converting its not going to weaken my faith in sikhi because my faith in Guru Ji, personal experience, anand when listening to Gurbani ect. N anyway by someone changing thier faith from sikhi doesnt weaken my faith because converting is just another pattern in life. Muslims converts to sikhi, Christianity, Bahai and Sikhs convert to Christinity, Islam, Judaism a christian converts to Sikhism, Islam, Judaism, hinduism. and Jews convert to Christianity, Islam Bahai etc

To Akali:

"As stated in the Guru Nanak's quote, that is why I feel it is wrong to change/convert your faith"

There is nothing wrong in changing your faith,

for example shanti converted for the reason that she was unhappy with being an catholic.-forgive me if im wrong please

Guru Nanak said that yes all religions lead to the same goal- for the raesson that praying, raeding all holy books is done out of Love for the Lord which will lead you to the same end goal- salvation, towards God etc.

but Guru Nanak never said taht you have to stay in the same faith because he said that 'u can raech the goal with any religion'. Beacuse if that faith never done anything for you (meaning couldnt feel the anand and couldnt see the light at the end of the tunnel etc) then why stay in the same faith? When thiers other faiths too which will lead you to the ultimate goal but through a differnt way which you might feel the anand etc?

Ie like Shanti Sister she read the Bible etc but that religion might not have done anything for her so its the right thing to convert.

N by converting she must be a stronger person, and much happier coz sikhi has provided her the 'light at the end of the tunnel' that catholicism might not have.

So basicly it dont matter if you change your faith -coz they all lead to the ultimate goal anyway (as Guru Nank said), but how you get to that ultimate goal its the induviduals choice, some prefer to reach the ultimate goal through a different religion but some dont.

Coz at the end of the day no religions false (as Guru Nanak said) so it doesnt if someone converts to a differnet faith

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ok all faiths do lead to God but its about where u wanna go, isnt there like different types of heaven a person can get to?

I think its only the hindus and sikhs that believe in mukti mukti, might be wrong.

but im sure the others dont believe 100% in merging with God, i think they r more into serving God rather than becoming part of God so still seperate u get me ?

ok and then abt the other religions, i can understand if one converts cos they think wow wow wow but these gals convert cos the guy they convert for is wow :) so its not for the love of God in which case i dont think they were ever religious.

so what can they gain spiritually in any religion.

122490[/snapback]

agree wijya.

i dont see how all religions lead to the same goal.

for instance with sikhs the ultimate goal is sachkhand by bani,simran, selfless service in humility.

but for muislims its a heaven full of worldly pleasures provided you convert 5 kafirs.

and what bhenji said about the girls is again true. they'll convert out of 'love' for the guy and not for the religion itself.

and even if someone learnt about islam and converts from sikhism to be a muslim it kicks off such a fuss by extreme muslims using it as ammunition against us.

so how does that work out?

121912[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

its wrong if you were a true believer (Amrit-Dhari) in your fatih. like it would be wrong if i went out of sikhi because i have already taken Amrit now. but for those people who never followed their faith fully and started to follow a different religion, then its not wrong.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.