Disrespect Of Guru Jee - Royal Lancaster Hall

msjskb

Thanks Sher Panjabi re letting us know about the cost of calling the programme live but I think it will be worth calling Harbans Singh up live on his TV show on VectOne and see what he has to say for himself about the beadbi that he is proposing to do in taking Guru Jee to the hotel.

The more people that will do this the better in my view

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true say bhenji

here a copy of an email which i have sent the Hotel and CC to The Metropolitan Police Authority Link worker Aneeta Prem (who works with issues with Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist communities in London), B.O.S.S. and Panthic Weekly:

Subject: Disrespect of Sikh Scriptures planned on 23rd Oct @ Royal Lancaster

To: car@royallancaster.com, book@royallancaster.com, hr@royallancaster.com

CC: anneta.prem@mpa.gov.uk, info@boss-uk.org, "News Staff" <news@waheguroo.com>

Dear Royal Lancaster Hotel,

I am emailing you in regards to a wedding which has been booked for 23rd October 2005 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel.

The marriage party is planning to have a Sikh religious wedding ceremony in the hotel, which will involve bringing 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji', the Sikhs' Sacred Scripture which the Sikhs regard with utmost reverence and sanctity. The Sikh's Supreme Authority (Sri Akal Takht Sahib) has banned the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served. It clearly has been said that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not allowed to be taking to banqueting halls, hotels, pubs or bars. Therefore, this a clear violation of the Sikhs religious sentiments.

There have been previous cases recently where families planning weddings have disregarded the sanctity and sacredness of the Sikh's Scripture and have violated the edict of the Sikh supreme authority. These incidents have led to peaceful protests outside venues and also police involvement to successfully stop weddings. The police have been supportive of the Sikh community.

Here are some links to news articles regarding some of the previous cases which have caused unnecessary hassle to the Sikh community:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0...1515545,00.html

http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/17...239a7e52c36a545

http://www.panthic.org/news/131/ARTICLE/1450/2005-06-19.html

I hope you take this matter seriously, and prevent any unnecessary peaceful protests by the Sikh community by not allowing the disrespect and violation of the Sikh's sacred scripute, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from happening on your hotel premises.

I would like a reply within 2 days with what action you plan to take to prevent the violation of the Sikh religion.

Regards,

Please sangat ji, do these things:

1. ARDAS! For Maharaj not to be taken on the day

2. Phone the hotel voicing your concern!!

3. Be prepared to attend the protest - there is PLENTY of notice, the details are as provided below and will be on the SikhDreamWeddings.co.uk site this evening.

4. Make the effort to attend and show the strength of the Sikh Community!! If you wear a Bana then make sure you wear on the day! If you wear a Bana then you should be activley making efforts to attend even thought there is a rhensbhai the night before. Bana is Guru Gobinds Singh Ji's Khalsa Army. We wear it, now lets makesure we know why are wearing it!!!

Maybe if we get a large number of people all doing paath together outside, we might be lucky enough for the papers to make a GOOD article about the Sikhs for once!! lol

If anyone is able to take pictures then please bring your cameras as we need to take pictures and video footage aswel, therefore we can provide the papers with the true events!!!

WJKK WJKF

Khalsa Fateh

Just spoke to Paul of Curry Special.

He said that the family are a paying client and will get whatever kind of wedding they want!

He said he doesnt care about any Hukamnama and worst of all he's Panjabi!!

Looks like these people think money can buy the abuse of Guruji aswell!!

I am going to ring Royal Lancaster now! I bet I will get a better response from a gora than apna Panjabi brother no.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

If you can't get through to Craig Robertson @ Royal Lancaster than ask to be put through to Banqueting & Conferences Dept. If you are still unsuccesful then please make sure you leave a message for Craig Robertson.

Sangat Ji, we really need to collectively work together on this one. We did it before with Al Mahjourin and other occasions where Maharaj's beadbi was to occur.

Curry Special and Harbans Singh Suraj (Vectone Punjab TV walay) have taken Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop to numerous venues (against Akal Takht Hukumnama) over the last year. The Campaign know of 6 which the Sangat have managed to help stop. Harbans Suraj charges £500 for his Granthi services and even has a business card. Now that he's on satellite TV he may have even pushed his rate up.

Curry Special have been made aware of the Hukumnama several times in the last 4 months and we have even posted copies to them.

Please act as a collective Sadh Sangat. The Campaign need your help to prevent this beadbi from taking place.

This is the response I received from Craig Robertson to an email that I sent to Royal Lancaster using the wording that Bhaji Manvir Singh used:

Thank you, for your communication regarding the wedding function that is scheduled to take place at the Royal Lancaster Hotel on Sunday 23rd October 2005.

I note your concerns that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji your holy scriptures will be present during the course of this wedding and of course respect your wish to stage a peaceful protest against these holy scriptures being brought onto the premises.

I am sure that you will also understand that we have a duty to respect the rights of our clients also so long as they are not in breach of British law. It is obviously important to the people getting married to have these Holy Scriptures present on this most solemn occasion and as such I feel that we have a duty to defend their right to do this.

I am afraid that I do not posses sufficient knowledge of the Sikh Religion to know if there is anything that we can do given that these Holy scriptures will be on the premises to make the situation more acceptable to you. If there were anything I would be obliged if you could let me know and I would be happy to consider it in conjunction with the couple that are marrying.

I would be grateful if you could give me an indication of numbers of protesters and the form any protest might take as I have an obligation to inform the police of any known or threatened protests in case of any public order or safety issues should arise.

I would advise you that I would not permit any form of protest to take place on any part of the Royal Lancaster Hotels property and should large numbers be involved there is a safety risk for your protesters as the pavements around the Hotel are not too wide and the roads are busy with fast moving traffic. If you wish to come to the Hotel to meet with me I will be happy to show you where protesters usually demonstrate and provide you with any reasonable assistance I can.

I can be contacted by e-mail security@royallancaster.com telephone 0207 262 6737 ext: 7023 or fax 0207 724 3191. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you in this or any other matter.

Regards

Chris Spalding

Chief Security Officer