Swimming And Rehat

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

People gotta stop worrying about this Jooth. Everything has jooth in it. The soil in which vegetables are growing were once rotten flesh and bones of some animal. The water you are drinking was at one point probably passed through some ancient animal's urinary system (read dino-pee). Heck, you are breathing in particles of absolutely disgusting things at all times. If you are drinking water from the city water supply...you know that water has been through someone's toilet too right?

(Now, place bag in front of your mouth and commence vomiting)

Worry about the Rehat Maryada and do your best...but don't get too paranoid either. Gross are the points above, but think about it...or if you prefer not to barf all over your keyboard, don't.

ohmy.gif

well yes we do drink water that came from all sorts BUT it is cleaned, maybe not be clean as one would like it to be but nevertheless it is not as unclean as a swimming pool where the kid could not be bothered to get out and go to the gents but used the pool instead .........ouch..... well the example of the soil ad air etc is too different to directly swimming in someone else's gand.... total respect to it lol.

I think we as sikhs should be able to take part in all sort and knowing how to smin is really important, but swimming wid kirpan IF it gets wet isnt bery nice cos thats some kids pashaab hunna?

well need some mid way

I think swimming is very very important...one should definately know swimming.

I was just wondering how many people know swimming here on this forum.

Can we swim....like toally in water(underneath)? I m worried about kirpan in that case.

I think thinkin abt jhooth is stupid in this case as that would mean not living in any fluid.....like air is also dirty with people's farts...just kidding....but yeah it doesn't matter if it doesn't smell bad it may be somebdys fart we may be inhaling.

The air which somebdy exhales is also jhoothee as it mix up with rest of oxygen to make it jhoothee also.

I think our kakkars should not make us handicap but they are there to enhance our lives. I m confused here...thats why i m asking.

People please help.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Swimming is very good exercise, and I dont think that your kakkars are stopping you. If you want you can tie the Kirpan on your head, or you can wear it regularly but tuck it in or tie something so it doesnt move. And after you get out of the pool just dry it so that there is no chance it will get rusty. As per the jhooth thing I think those people are just germ freaks.(btw you cant automatically assume that the pool has been urinated in, and if anybody knew it was I dont think they would go in with or without kakkars)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheugur Ji Ke Fateh

The kirpan issue is an interesting one - whilst the maintenance of Rehit is paramount, I cannot imagine Singhs of old (with their min. 3ft long Kirpans) tying it around their heads or indeed allowing it to drenched whilst swimming, but I guess we're no longer faced with that issue.

Surely in these circumstances we can adopt matters by using a diver's style blade carrier, whereby the kirpan would be stapped steadfast to one's arm with no restriction to movement or risk of loss.

The germs thing is...wow! great! keep it up! :lol:

I personally dont think anything wrong with swimming with your kirpan on. And regarding other people's jooth. Jooth is everywhere.... we shouldnt be paranoid. Its your thought that matters. God knows what are your true intentions. Swimming is must for everyone. It is one of best excersies to keep body fit and could be of help in case somebody needs your help. If someone is drowning and you are standing there.... would you not jump in to help the person as a sikh is supposed to do, or would you start thinking about your kakkars? Also i guess puratan sikhs knew to swim. When guru gobind singhji crossed sirsa river , i guess it was flooded, so the sikhs should have got wet and so did their kakkars....

Only thing to be of concern is to take a kesi ishnan after swimming session and clean and dry your kirpan.......you can use a watertight bag to put kirpan in and tie to ur arm to keep it dry.......

For me its internal suchham that matters more over external suchham and moreover its your intentions that matters... you are learning something that can be used to help others along with keeping you fit to be a true saint soldier.......

Fateh