Freedom In India

Bijla Singh

You know its true, there is so much talk Of Khalistan abroad, where its nice and safe, but none of these guys have even begun to pack their bags to go back home and "fight the good fight". With all this time and energy being put into a Khalistan movement why dont we take the same energy and focus it to preaching Sikhi, stopping false anti gurmat practices, and focus on the youth? Whos going to live in "Khalistan", if we have no "khalsa" left? We had and blew our chance at a seperate state, Go back to Punjab, the people are happy. Who are you to have been brought up in the U.S., Canada, U.K, and say "No the people there are scared!" Life is good again no more terrorism, from either side. No more dead bodies, no more police state. To many of our brothers have died, leave it alone. Focus on your religion rather than your pride.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bijla Singh @ Nov 18 2005, 01:24 PM)

This is the freedom Sikhs have enjoyed in India. Our religion is disrespected and insulted yet we are still "long haired hindus"? India doesn't deserve to be called our home. We deserve better. Raj Karega Khalsa

lYxw Kwilsqwn hux sUrbIro AYNvy gloN gulwmI nhI jw sk

<<bigla singh ji these things r over why r u showing it again. we r happy in punjab and there is no surity that in our new home land some people like badal, amrinder singh, kps gill will not rule . every thing is going fine now dont try it agin. >>

WJKK WJKF!

simer 169

too much anger, must be all the bhangra music. how dare you say things that what people have done are over in panjab, stop implying that we can forget what happened and carryon living happily, the point wahat im trying to say is are you going to remember and get justice like a lion or will you forget and runaway(ie. like a p*ssy)

Bhindrawale used the akal takht, its the 'parliament' ot sikhs

when MPs make decisions about war they dont sit in a pub, they sit in parliament, the akal takht is not just a temple.

<<(a man who uses his temple as his fortress deserves death), >>

By the same note would you say the chalea mukhte deserved death for using anandpur sahib as a fortress?

I guess a lot of people get worked up on hearing the word Khalistan. For some its a piece of land to be taken away from india. For me it is any place on earth where gursikhs can live in the glory of Gurus. We dont need a piece of land to produce more gursikhs, but we need gursikhs which will ultimately get us better results. Look at countries like thailand, japan...... the way buddhism has spread there they are termed as busddhist states even though it didnt originated there. Same goes for a lot of muslim states. We should not be fighting like jews for a particular piece of land, but should channelise our energies on greating better gursikhs from the new generation of sikhs througout the world. Sikhs have not faced discrimination only in india, but also in western countries (french turban ban, denmark kirpan issue, VIA rail kirpan issue, MTA turban issue)..... The solution for this is to build up strong foundation for our youngsters in sikhi. Instead of channelising our resources to gain control of a piece of land through violence, it should be put to better use.

Also the shaheedi of our brave sikhs should not be forgotten. many youngsters in india dont even know the names of many of these shaheeds. The best weapon is to educate sikhs. Sikhs have not been defeated by anyone else but sikhs themselves. Finish this infighting and most of sikh problems will end.

Bijla singh ji, i can understand your emotions, but we've to look for realistic ways to face the issue in front of sikhi in present times. There is a big communication gap between sikhs in punjab and west. I've experienced this first hand. Youngsters in west have heard about struggle from their parents who left india in 80s and 90s, but those in india has seen different scenes with less police brutality after 90s.They percieve each other as lunatics or losers. This needs to be cleared up. sikhs have to come togther and then we can face all issues strongly and bring to justice the culprits.

Conviction of S. jaswant singh khalra's murderers could be a start.

Deg Teg fateh!

Khalsa was never meant to have peace of land

Oh really then shouldn’t we change the name of amritsar, anadpur sahib, goidwal, Hargbind pur etc which were all occupied lands by Gurus in defence against the Mughals..They were all free lands..Khalistan is a word, the idea is freedom you want khalsa raaj fine (whats the difference between it and concept of khalistan)

..in order to fight against mughals singhs always had free lands to fight from.

GO and read ur history mate stop twisting history

"You know its true, there is so much talk Of Khalistan abroad, where its nice and safe, but none of these guys have even begun to pack their bags to go back home and "fight the good fight". With all this time and energy being put into a Khalistan movement why dont we take the same energy and focus it to preaching Sikhi, stopping false anti gurmat practices, and focus on the youth? Whos going to live in "Khalistan", if we have no "khalsa" left? We had and blew our chance at a seperate state, Go back to Punjab, the people are happy. Who are you to have been brought up the U.S., Canada, U.K, and say "No the people there are scared!" Life is good again no more terrorism, from either side. No more dead bodies, no more police state. To many of our brothers have died, leave it alone. Focus on your religion rather than your pride."  -- lost soul

sinister: true words of wisdom. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Why reignite a fire that will destroy our already existing homeland (look at the conflict of the middle-east, is that what we want in punjab?), we where humiliated our sikhi was destroyed by people such a pinderawala (a man who uses his temple as his fortress deserves death), we where reduced and given the label of terrorists by the people on the world stage, terrorism does not work my freind. "an eye for an eye will just make this world blind" (gandhi)

Like Lost soul said focus your energy on developing your morality and discovering god. Its easy to write anything on a forum, but living what you preach and taking action is an entirely different realm.

even if kahlistan came into existance it would be sandwhiched between 2 nuclear superpowers, would we actually have political autonomy?

Khalistan is a dream, a nightmare; and its best to forget about dreams when the sun rises in the morning.

134328[/snapback]

Firstly the name is Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhinrawale. And how did Sant ji destroy Sikhi? They woke up the sleeping Sikh nation, which looks like its gone back to sleep by the sound of people like you "Sinister Gandhi"

If Sikhs had your attitude the Mughals would have took over all of Asia.

Are saying all those Sikhs that died for Khalistan died for no reason?

Get your facts correct Ghandi dey bache

QUOTE(Bijla Singh @ Nov 18 2005, 01:24 PM)

This is the freedom Sikhs have enjoyed in India. Our religion is disrespected and insulted yet we are still "long haired hindus"? India doesn't deserve to be called our home. We deserve better. Raj Karega Khalsa

lYxw Kwilsqwn hux sUrbIro AYNvy gloN gulwmI nhI jw sk

<<bigla singh ji these things r over why r u showing it again. we r happy in punjab and there is no surity that in our new home land some people like badal, amrinder singh, kps gill will not rule . every thing is going fine now dont try it agin. >>

WJKK  WJKF!

simer 169

too much anger, must be all the bhangra music. how dare you say things that what people have done are over in panjab, stop implying that we can forget what happened and carryon living happily, the point wahat im trying to say is are you going to remember and get justice like a lion or will you forget and runaway(ie. like a p*ssy)

134327[/snapback]

ya i have problem of anger..... blush.gif .....but u should not attack personally. i am sorry to all sangat for using foul language......i know all things....i feel very aggrasive when i see or read pictures of sikhs been tortured....so at that time i got fear from myself because i can go out of control....earlier in my childhood i went upsent for many days when i saw these type of pictures and when i read about '84 riots....but now v have to come together and do work in peaceful manner....sikh r in chardi kala...try to help poor sikh brothers to come up.....spend money on sikh children who r from poor families ......i want all sikh in good position.. pray.gif ...i dont want any youth to pick up guns again they should study and became successful to do seva of kom.....v live like lions in punjab no one can say any thing wrong about my religion in front of me.....thanks

... we where humiliated our sikhi was destroyed by people such a pinderawala (a man who uses his temple as his fortress deserves death),...

134328[/snapback]

Sinister,

The phonetic English mispronunciation is a most curious spelling of Bhindranwale’s name for an educated person who would be minimally read on the topic, much less a Sikh.

Although there are variations of spelling, I have seen the phoenetic English jotted down once with “p” before by a non-sikh who never read the name in print. Even fast-news english journalists spell it correctly. Not to mention a Sikh referring to Darbar Sahib as a "temple". Have you read much about punjab politics?

People forget rather too soon that the Indian state is just a little over 50 yrs old. You gotta give it time to mature as a democracy of the standards of a US or GB (I am talking about internal democracy here) or western europe especially because the people also have to 'grow' along with the country.

You cannot set big-sounding laws and hi-fi constitutions and have petty and small people living those laws or managing the show. That is why I said that the people need to grow.

50 YEARS !!!! thats a lot of time.. Thats not a proper good excuse to support the debate bruv.. Germany was totally destroyed and they rebuilt it in just few years without spreading their hands for help. It's indian race that can't help themselves.. It's in their blood to cheat, cheat and cheat big time thats why its taking 50 + years :lol: You know and i know that india can't help itself because of its weakness; corruption, bribery, discrimination and so on.. I am not talking about religious issues or khalistan nor i want to.. it's basic simple common sense to see why india is not moving forward.. Don't support your argument with saying.. India is hi-tech and so on.. i can provide you tons of proof that majority of indians can't even eat a proper food.. hell with fake proudness when a simple train travel from delhi to punjab can show the real face of the poverty of india.

Instead of defending the country that is ruined in social uplifting, you should tell us how to improve the human quality up there as you live down there (?). Talk about setting up non-profit, non-corrupted system where young ppls like me and others can go and spend holidays to volunteer for the betterment of the country like India.