How do you meditate?

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

yes it's true that one can only get naam from the punjh pyaaray...but...there is no right or wrong method to do reciting naam...there are many stages of simran...and Guru Sahib Jee does kirpa and moves us along the ladder of spirituality...

for those people who can actually do simran alone...mannnnnnnnn...waheguroo... ^_^

one thing that helped me concentrate was sitting in saad sangath...i just sat there and sang my lungs out...looooooooong battle with the mind...but it's slowly slowly giving in...what else can it do...u just gotta keep doing it...keep doing simran...keep doing simran...keep listening to keertan...thas the only thing thas going to help us calm our minds...

Guru Rakha

sandeep kaur

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punj Pyare actually instill that naam within us. And only they can do it, but I don't think there is anything wrong in discussing spirituality among those who feel a thirst for it.

So just because you ask someone how they do simran will not do anything bad to you, me or the naam. We are not Radhaswamis. The message to chant waheguru mantar is already out there, SIMPLE and CLEAR to read: Waheguru gurmantar hai, jap homae khoee.

There is nothing wrong in first practising that naam and THEN going to the Punj Pyare to get it instilled within your rom rom.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Yes, anyone may do simran of waheguroo, but the thing is "How to do it". I would just say that those who are on the path to take amrit should say waheguroo any way they can... no one can tell them what way is proper or not. Even if someone tells them a particular method/way to do simran, it will be nothing compared to the kirpa u recieve from the Guru. So untill you are amritdhari, focus on remembering waheguroo and not on the method how to do it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh....

Great posts.. ^_^ ...

I can concentrate on Simran if i recite small tuks ( lines) from bani before starting... adn they are mostly relating to naam abheyas .... This helps me a lot....

And the Every breath and footstep method wroks good aswell... ^_^

You might not be able to get that much concentration at first, btu as you go on... Waheguru ji does kirpa himself rolleyes.gif

I have a lil question...

Does going into Bayraag help you concentrate, or does it get you out of your concentration??? ...

Yes I know but how? how do you meditate?

This is what the panj pyare teach you, and anything that anyone else tries to teach you will be jhoot (fraud)!

Only panj pyare can teach you gurmantar and how to properly recite it. Anyone else who says they know is lying.

thanks MKhalsa,

But I don't think people need panj payare to meditate. Unless you meant soemthign else by it. Anyways meditation is not false, people from all religons do it.

I'm not an amritdhari so you are saying when I meditate on Waheguru, I am jhoot? You can never go wrong when you meditate on the Lord no matter how you do it. ^_^

To whoever removed the quote i posted.

Why was the quote i posted removed in the 4th post of this Thread? this is your site , you run it however u want to. I would like a reason as to why???? It said nothing against Sikhi or the Rehat Maryada.

Waheguru

Pheena bro I don't know why they did that :T: :) @ :( @ :@ @

Does this website want to help people? I don't know...

Yes I know but how? how do you meditate?

This is what the panj pyare teach you, and anything that anyone else tries to teach you will be jhoot (fraud)!

Only panj pyare can teach you gurmantar and how to properly recite it. Anyone else who says they know is lying.

thanks MKhalsa,

But I don't think people need panj payare to meditate. Unless you meant soemthign else by it. Anyways meditation is not false, people from all religons do it.

TheGuyDudeMan Bhai Sahib jio, I don't think MKhalsa meant that it is wrong for non-amrittharis to do naam abhiyaas. No one can really stop you from doing anything by urself. I think he only meant that only Punj Pyare as the Guru can ins

till Gurmantar in you.

yes it's true that one can only get naam from the punjh pyaaray...but...there is no right or wrong method to do reciting naam...there are many stages of simran...and Guru Sahib Jee does kirpa and moves us along the ladder of spirituality...

for those people who can actually do simran alone...mannnnnnnnn...waheguroo... ^_^

^_^

This is a touchy topic. Amrit is the only way to sachkhand, we can agree on that. (dont bring other religions into this as no other religion even beleives in the concept of sachkhand). Amrit is just the key to the door, but actually getting there requires a lot of naam abhyaas. Naam abhyaas starts first burning off our karams and bad deeds. So when a non amritdhari does such abhyaas I beleive they will be burning off their bad karams of previous lives and make this life easier. But by no means can a non amritdhari go to sachkhand, that is clear in guru sahibs teachings. Only with Guru sahibs guidance and teaching can one go to sachkhand and this will only come when one first gives their head to guru sahib. You cant get something for nothing.

With school work and jobs we are all willing to devote years and years to getting ahead, but with bhagti we all want the easy way out. Such is maya and kaljug.

Panj are living saroop of Guru Sahib and only from them can we receive the true gurmantar and truly start on the path to sachkhand.