How do you meditate?

Sorry, I didnt have time to post an explanation earlier. That explanation is from an anti-panthic website. The person featured on those sites was removed from the panth for giving gurmantar on his own to non amritdharis and for doing parchaar against gurbani.

He has since apologized and said all of what he did was wrong, including posting such things as that on the net. Therefore this is a matter of akal takht that such writings shouldnt be spread.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Bro (Son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji) you are saying that if I do naam abhiyaas it is useless....think about what you just said and ask yourself if thats true

actually I should've directed the above question to Mkhalsa

veer ji, thanks a lot for calling me ur brother

^_^

Bhai Sahib jio, first of all I'm no one to decide whose simran will be usefull and whose will be not.

Sikhi is all about following Guru Sahib's rehit and one of that rehit is to your surrender urself to your Guru (Punj Pyare). I never meant that non-amrittharis should not do simran. Everyone should do it. As Naam Japna is the basic eliment of Sikhi. All what I was trying to say was that at one point in your life you really should go to the Punj Pyare (after doing lots of naam abhiyaas) and surrender everything infront of them and then Guru Sahib will do kirpaa on you and you will be chanting like a pro (with each and every breath, while sleeping, eating, playing, studying....).

Bhai Sahib jio, first of all I'm no one to decide whose simran will be usefull and whose will be not.

All what I was trying to say was that at one point in your life you really should go to the Punj Pyare (after doing lots of naam abhiyaas) and surrender everything infront of them and then Guru Sahib will do kirpaa on you and you will be chanting like a pro (with each and every breath, while sleeping, eating, playing, studying....).

yup I agree with you fully but when I go chukk amrit it will be for real not like some people I know who quit after a little while.

anyone can jap Waheguru, and you will know it is for real , you will feel it, your life will start to change....

This is a touchy topic. Amrit is the only way to sachkhand, we can agree on that. (dont bring other religions into this as no other religion even beleives in the concept of sachkhand). Amrit is just the key to the door, but actually getting there requires a lot of naam abhyaas. Naam abhyaas starts first burning off our karams and bad deeds. So when a non amritdhari does such abhyaas I beleive they will be burning off their bad karams of previous lives and make this life easier. But by no means can a non amritdhari go to sachkhand, that is clear in guru sahibs teachings. Only with Guru sahibs guidance and teaching can one go to sachkhand and this will only come when one first gives their head to guru sahib. You cant get something for nothing.

With school work and jobs we are all willing to devote years and years to getting ahead, but with bhagti we all want the easy way out. Such is maya and kaljug.

Panj are living saroop of Guru Sahib and only from them can we receive the true gurmantar and truly start on the path to sachkhand.

Ok bro now I understand better what you meant. I originally thought you meant naam abhyaas is meaningless for a non amritdhari which I would never agree to. If I feel spiritually heightened and start breaking away from my bad habits and life starts getting better then of course it is not meaningless.

Amritdhari brothers and sisters, one day with the blessing of Waheguru I will join you.

Ok bro now I understand better what you meant. I originally thought you meant naam abhyaas is meaningless for a non amritdhari which I would never agree to. If I feel spiritually heightened and start breaking away from my bad habits and life starts getting better then of course it is not meaningless.

your right gaydudeman, of course naam abyass isnt meaningless..it never is...but no matter how much naam abyass you do as a non-amritdhari, you will never get the full assar of naam.....when you the punj instill the naam inside you, that is when you truely fell the power of gurmantar......i know this because i have expereinced it..... the feeling you get from naam abyass after you chuk amrit is multiplied by thousands....i encourage all of you who havent been blessed by amrit naam to chuk amrit and end this cycle of janams!!

^_^ peevoo pual khaandaa thaal hoovaai jannaam sohilaa ^_^

bhull chook maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh....

I have a lil question...

Does going into Bayraag help you concentrate, or does it get you out of your concentration???

Bayraag is something that comes from deep down in your heart, any prayer or any meditation done in Bayraag is the Epitome of how a prayer or Meditation should be done.

Bayrrag is this fire which burns your desires and only leaves one desire in your heart and that is the Desire for Waheguru. Your mind becoem centered on that One Being and Sometimes even if you wanted to pray no words will come out of your mouth. There will be nothing left to say.

Hope that helps

Waheguru.