Should we have guru jis paintings in the Gurdwara

ggbb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there probably more acceptable because there not figments of peoples imaginations, not saying that the gurus are either, but the way that the gurus are drawn is all the artists imagination. the way 1984 torture pics are there, are either photography, or eyewitness accounts. plus people dont bow down to torture scenes but i've seen people (sikhs) bow to pictures of the gurus, and treat them as gods or idols...

Thanks simran bhanjee.. :)

---------------

but i still don't see why those pics/drawings are more acceptable than drawings of the gurus.

Every sikh related picture is same to me ! either it was about the holocaust on sikhs or whether it's the pix of Guru Gobind Singh jeee..

even though

Guru's pictures = Not exactly reality

Shahheds pix = Reality !

"Forgive the enemies,

but never forget their names"..

john f. Kennedy said that once..

there probably more acceptable because there not figments of peoples imaginations, not saying that the gurus are either, but the way that the gurus are drawn is all the artists imagination. the way 1984 torture pics are there, are either photography, or eyewitness accounts. plus people dont bow down to torture scenes but i've seen people (sikhs) bow to pictures of the gurus, and treat them as gods or idols...

Brilliant Reply paenjee

also, torture scenes and gory scenes remind us of all thats happened, and how many people have given their lives to the gurus, and that will probably inspire people more--that people during the gurus time, during 1984, and even today, are willing to give their lives to their guru. thats probably more inspiring than pictures that are just very pretty-looking, but dont really protray the gurus as they lived in history....just my thoughts...