Sikhnet

Guest Guest

"It will not be Sikhi. Do whatever you want just don't mix your personal beliefs with Sikhi"

Thats not the question, it wasnt answered, again If me being a Sikh were to chant OM HARI RAM, according to you, would I or wouldnt I be able to get closer to God? Also why wont that Be Sikhi? Does Sikhi tell us only chant Whaeguru? How is me chanting Whaeguru by another name anti Sikhi???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all we are spiritual beings having a human experience NOT human beings having a spiritual experience so what is there to attain? What have you attained? what have others you are observing attained? According to you there is a tiny box called "sikhi" and everything outside of the box is oh so wrong, what a pathetic limited definition.
^^ dude get real, you can wait for your kirpa but allow others to make strides as well. If there is a physical exercise that also helps you spiritually then why don't you accept that? Gardening can seriously help one spiritually as can many other activities.

You should get off that high horse and revel in your humanity, that is the highest form of spirituality there is. Unity in Diversity.

138761[/snapback]

\

Can you please enumerate OTHER activities that can help me spirituallly... maybe i should start gardening early in the morning. I've been in darkness all this while. I guess all the gardners have high spiritual level blush.gif

I am waiting for my kirpa, but i'm not stopping anyone.... if someone wants to practice yoga, be my guest... I might learn for physical fitness, but attaining spirituality is different..... the siddhas and yogis guru nanak devji met practised yoga, but still they were clueless about GOD. I guess they should have tried gardening.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

138845[/snapback]

138870[/snapback]

Did I mention gardening is wrong?

Did I mention Yoga is wrong?

Oh wait do they come in "SIKHI"? :lol:

Because of my Pathetic definition I am here to learn more, to learn sikhi not yoga or feng shui.

Namstang Ji: I been asking for Gurbani proofs all along and you give Suraj Parkash reference? Okay, I do not have the edited version. Perhaps you can scan the page and upload it. I would like to read what Bhai Veer Singh Ji have said about the Sakhi. As far as I know He never practiced yoga. If Guru Ji allowed Mata Ji to do it then surely He would've mentioned something about it in Gurbani or at least told us that doing yoga is another way to do Bhagtee. What about Gurbani quotes, Bhai Gurdas Ji and even Dasam Bani? Do you have any? Only thing I accept is if it is supported by Gurbani, and Bhai Gurdas Ji.

Thats not the question, it wasnt answered, again If me being a Sikh were to chant OM HARI RAM, according to you, would I or wouldnt I be able to get closer to God?

A true Sikh would never ever chant non-Sikh mantras. At Amrit Sanchaar, a Sikh is blessed with Gurmat Naam and only that is accepted in Sikhi. Other mantras may get you closer to God but only Gurmat Naam is "Sreshat". Even if we assume that chanting mantras get you closer to god then surely it proves that it is the Name of God that does the work not yoga.

Also why wont that Be Sikhi? Does Sikhi tell us only chant Whaeguru? How is me chanting Whaeguru by another name anti Sikhi???

How is it Sikhi? Is Gurbani not good enough that we have to start chanting hindu-mantras? In Sikhi only Gurmantar must be meditated upon. Why look for other ways and chant other mantras when you have Guru given gift of Naam. Way of Sikhi is the easiest and the best. Other names of God are accepted but Sikhs follow Gurmat way not manmat way and Gurbani tells us to do Jaap of Gurmantar. How can you call yourself a Sikh if you don't follow your Guru? According to Gurmat only Naam Simran will liberate you not physical exercises. Yoga, Neolee Karam etc are all pakhand. Sikhs follow the Hukam of the Guru.

ਹੁਕਮਿ ਮੰਨਿਐ ਹੋਵੈ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਤਾ ਖਸਮੈ ਕਾ ਮਹਲੁ ਪਾਇਸੀ ॥

Sikhi is Gurmat i.e. teachings of Gurbani. Naam Simran is the only way. For Sikhs there is no better way than Guru's way. No Guru ever did yoga, no Gursikh in the past do yoga. Were they not relaxed? Did they not have peace of mind? Did they chant hindu mantras? The answer is no.

If you watch the interview videos of sikhnet people you will clearly see that they think of yoga as a spiritual way and mix it with Sikhi. Prove from Gurbani that yoga is an acceptable way in Sikhi to become one with Waheguru. How is it part of Sikhi? I will be anxiously waiting for someone to teach me something new about Gurbani. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yes as a matter of fact you did, calling yogis clueless and joking about my opinion on gardening. You say you are here to learn but where is your open mind? I recommend tapoban.org for you, you would find many like minded individuals there.

First of all we are spiritual beings having a human experience NOT human beings having a spiritual experience so what is there to attain? What have you attained? what have others you are observing attained? According to you there is a tiny box called "sikhi" and everything outside of the box is oh so wrong, what a pathetic limited definition.
^^ dude get real, you can wait for your kirpa but allow others to make strides as well. If there is a physical exercise that also helps you spiritually then why don't you accept that? Gardening can seriously help one spiritually as can many other activities.

You should get off that high horse and revel in your humanity, that is the highest form of spirituality there is. Unity in Diversity.

138761[/snapback]

\

Can you please enumerate OTHER activities that can help me spirituallly... maybe i should start gardening early in the morning. I've been in darkness all this while. I guess all the gardners have high spiritual level blush.gif

I am waiting for my kirpa, but i'm not stopping anyone.... if someone wants to practice yoga, be my guest... I might learn for physical fitness, but attaining spirituality is different..... the siddhas and yogis guru nanak devji met practised yoga, but still they were clueless about GOD. I guess they should have tried gardening.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

138845[/snapback]

138870[/snapback]

Did I mention gardening is wrong?

Did I mention Yoga is wrong?

Oh wait do they come in "SIKHI"? :lol:

Because of my Pathetic definition I am here to learn more, to learn sikhi not yoga or feng shui.

138873[/snapback]

Bilja Singh, Chanting Om, Allah, Ram, Kuddah is no way againts Sikhi, why? Simply because it is all written in Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, are you saying that I cannot chant Bani? How do we know that Guru Nanak did not chant OM? There is nothing anti gurmat in that, that is not manmat, that is chanting the name of God only by another name, OM is written in Bani therefore its cannot possibly be anti gurmat, the Gurus never ever mentioned anywhere that chanting anything besides Whaeguru would not attain you salvation, or for that matter is antigurmat, I never mentioned anything about Yoga, but for that matter I think the Gurus would have no problem for a Sikh to practice Yoga, Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted us Sikhs to be in top physical form, Yoga helps with that as well as Helps strenghthen the mind, Why are we beginning to put limitations on how or what way is best to attain Naam? The Gurus accepetd bani from various religions for a reason, showing the openess of our faith not putting a limitation on it, whichever way leads you To God follow it with sharda, with love for all and yourself, thats the core teaching of our Faith, if people want to follow a set of strict rules, theres always Islam!

Bilja Singh, Chanting Om, Allah, Ram, Kuddah is no way againts Sikhi, why? Simply because it is all written in Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, are you saying that I cannot chant Bani? How do we know that Guru Nanak did not chant OM? There is nothing anti gurmat in that, that is not manmat, that is chanting the name of God only by another name, OM is written in Bani therefore its cannot possibly be anti gurmat, the Gurus never ever mentioned anywhere that chanting anything besides Whaeguru would not attain you salvation, or for that matter is antigurmat, I never mentioned anything about Yoga, but for that matter I think the Gurus would have no problem for a Sikh to practice Yoga, Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted us Sikhs to be in top physical form, Yoga helps with that as well as Helps strenghthen the mind, Why are we beginning to put limitations on how or what way is best to attain Naam? The Gurus accepetd bani from various religions for a reason, showing the openess of our faith not putting a limitation on it, whichever way leads you To God follow it with sharda, with love for all and yourself, thats the core teaching of our Faith,  if people want to follow a set of strict rules, theres always Islam!

138887[/snapback]

no.gif

vaheguroooooooooooooooo.....naam simro naam....vaheguroooooooooooo jeee

guru ji bhalla karan

Bilja Singh, Chanting Om, Allah, Ram, Kuddah is no way againts Sikhi, why? Simply because it is all written in Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, are you saying that I cannot chant Bani?

Sure, chant anything that is written in Gurbani but not any hindu-buddhist mixed mantras made up by yogi. If you do chant these mantras just don't call it Gurmat Naam Simran. Sikhi is pretty clear about what Name to meditate upon (Gurmantar) and how to do it which is not yoga.

How do we know that Guru Nanak did not chant OM?

And how do you know He did? Ik Oankar, Dhur Ki bani, is not good enough for you? Who came up with Om?

the Gurus never ever mentioned anywhere that chanting anything besides Waheguru would not attain you salvation

Goal of a Sikh is not to attain salvation but to live truthful way of life. The name of God revealed by Guru Ji is Waheguru. Sikhs are supposed to meditate upon Gurmantar which is supported by Bhai Gurdas Ji also.

I never mentioned anything about Yoga

If you haven't noticed we are discussing yoga spirituality and Sikhi.

I think the Gurus would have no problem for a Sikh to practice Yoga, Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted us Sikhs to be in top physical form, Yoga helps with that as well as Helps strenghthen the mind

The word "I think" shows your uncertainty about this matter. Guru Ji started wrestling classes, gatka classes, horse riding but never yoga. tell me why? Was he not smart enough? You are completely lost from the purpose of this discussion. Yoga is not part of Sikhi but meditation (gurmat way) is. Gurmat Naam Simran is the permanent solution to strengthen one's mind. Numerous Shaheeds are very good example of this.

Why are we beginning to put limitations on how or what way is best to attain Naam?

Gurmat is all about Rehat. Kara, Kachera are two restrictions on Sikhs. Four Bajjar Kurehats are restrictions on Sikhs as well. The only way to get naam in Sikhi is by taking Amrit.

The Gurus accepetd bani from various religions for a reason, showing the openess of our faith

What other religions? Bhagats were neither hindus nor muslims. Just read their Bani and it will make sense. Respecting other religions doesn't mean accepting their beliefs and following them. Such "openness" is foolishness.

whichever way leads you To God follow it with sharda, with love for all and yourself

I rather follow only Guru's Marg and not any other way. You are welcome to follow any way you want. If you don't follow Guru Ji's Hukam you are not following Sikhi. Simple as that. It doesn't mean you are a bad person or anything. It simply means you are not following Sikhi.

Where in Gurbani is yoga (spiritual aspect) supported? Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

^^

I hope God has bhallan on you and opens your eyes, and lifts the veil of Ignorance, Allah help this sister!!!

138902[/snapback]

kool bruv. nice once......

your avatar says it all

vaheguroooo ji ka KHALSA vahegurooooo ji ki FATEH

deep kaur KHALSA