Sikhnet

Guest Guest

Bilja Singh, Chanting Om, Allah, Ram, Kuddah is no way againts Sikhi, why? Simply because it is all written in Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, are you saying that I cannot chant Bani?

Sure, chant anything that is written in Gurbani but not any hindu-buddhist mixed mantras made up by yogi. If you do chant these mantras just don't call it Gurmat Naam Simran. Sikhi is pretty clear about what Name to meditate upon (Gurmantar) and how to do it which is not yoga.

How do we know that Guru Nanak did not chant OM?

And how do you know He did? Ik Oankar, Dhur Ki bani, is not good enough for you? Who came up with Om?

the Gurus never ever mentioned anywhere that chanting anything besides Waheguru would not attain you salvation

Goal of a Sikh is not to attain salvation but to live truthful way of life. The name of God revealed by Guru Ji is Waheguru. Sikhs are supposed to meditate upon Gurmantar which is supported by Bhai Gurdas Ji also.

I never mentioned anything about Yoga

If you haven't noticed we are discussing yoga spirituality and Sikhi.

I think the Gurus would have no problem for a Sikh to practice Yoga, Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted us Sikhs to be in top physical form, Yoga helps with that as well as Helps strenghthen the mind

The word "I think" shows your uncertainty about this matter. Guru Ji started wrestling classes, gatka classes, horse riding but never yoga. tell me why? Was he not smart enough? You are completely lost from the purpose of this discussion. Yoga is not part of Sikhi but meditation (gurmat way) is. Gurmat Naam Simran is the permanent solution to strengthen one's mind. Numerous Shaheeds are very good example of this.

Why are we beginning to put limitations on how or what way is best to attain Naam?

Gurmat is all about Rehat. Kara, Kachera are two restrictions on Sikhs. Four Bajjar Kurehats are restrictions on Sikhs as well. The only way to get naam in Sikhi is by taking Amrit.

The Gurus accepetd bani from various religions for a reason, showing the openess of our faith

What other religions? Bhagats were neither hindus nor muslims. Just read their Bani and it will make sense. Respecting other religions doesn't mean accepting their beliefs and following them. Such "openness" is foolishness.

whichever way leads you To God follow it with sharda, with love for all and yourself

I rather follow only Guru's Marg and not any other way. You are welcome to follow any way you want. If you don't follow Guru Ji's Hukam you are not following Sikhi. Simple as that. It doesn't mean you are a bad person or anything. It simply means you are not following Sikhi.

Where in Gurbani is yoga (spiritual aspect) supported? Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

138905[/snapback]

Well Bilja Singh Im Certain Guru Ji wanted Sikhs to stay in top form, I dont understand why you are so against Yoga simply because a Sikh didnt think it up, actually the bhagats were Hindu and Muslim, you should know that Khalsa Ji! Show me where in Bani Guru Maharaj tells us to only chant Whaeguru and not any other word? Actually any name I can call God is good enough for me! I dont find anything wrong with chanting OM, if it helps me to get closer to God. So a Sikh should a truthful life, does that include passing judgement on others?Actually I simply think im not following your brand of Sikhi, Im following the path the Gurus showed me!

And Proud to be Singhnee, ummm whats that supposed to mean?? My Avatar......? Yes your caps button works I saw It when you typed KHALSA! Ram Ram!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the topic starter, and I have to say you guys are not even on the topic.

I have nothing against Yoga, its a good exercise, but all I am saying is that Sikhnet should put their Yoga views aside while answering the youth's questions on (SIKH)net.

By the way God doesn't have a name man LOL.gif , this is the message that Gurbani gives us, God's name is Truth, Satnam.

Mods can you please close this topic now.

VJKK

VJKF

138905[/snapback]

Well Bilja Singh Im Certain Guru Ji wanted Sikhs to stay in top form, I dont understand why you are so against Yoga simply because a Sikh didnt think it up, actually the bhagats were Hindu and Muslim, you should know that Khalsa Ji! Show me where in Bani Guru Maharaj tells us to only chant Whaeguru and not any other word? Actually any name I can call God is good enough for me! I dont find anything wrong with chanting OM, if it helps me to get closer to God. So a Sikh should a truthful life, does that include passing judgement on others?Actually I simply think im not following your brand of Sikhi, Im following the path the Gurus showed me!

And Proud to be Singhnee, ummm whats that supposed to mean?? My Avatar......? Yes your caps button works I saw It when you typed KHALSA! Ram Ram!

138925[/snapback]

I think sikhs are becoming more intelligent than gurus these days.... if OM was such a powerful gurmantar then why sikhs were given a different gurmantar? Why Khalsa was initiated? why not start calling gurus avtars of hindus or whatever.....?

Lost soul brother religions are like boats taking you to the other end of river....You cannot have one leg each on two boats and hope to cross..... stick to any one.... Respecting another religion is different and following it is different..... If you find more peace by chanting OM u should follow hinduism....... you might be enlightened by that...... but for a sikh undermining our own gurmantar is wrong in my terms.....

Bhul Chuk Maaf

First of all OM doesn't have nothing to do with hinduism and second, if someone chants OM then that is undermining Gurmantar? Where do you get that logic from?

If you find more peace by chanting OM u should follow hinduism....... you might be  enlightened by that...... but for a sikh undermining our own gurmantar is wrong in my terms.....

Bhul Chuk Maaf

I just happened to find this topic and was reading through all the messages. It's amazing how much energy we can spend on things like this going back and forth and arguing.

God has given us precious energy in this life and we should use it wisely. It's easy to judge...but hard to try to really understand. Most judgements come from lack of understanding.

I don't want to get into this debate on any specific topics but all I can say is please give people the benefit of the doubt and don't try to generalize and lump SikhNet, "white Sikhs"...3HO Sikhs, whatever you want to box us into some thing....

My only suggestion is to meet the very Sikhs your are criticizing. We are only human and not perfect. It is easy to sit on a computer and say what you like.

Anways...I wasn't even going to reply... but I just thought you should think about things.

The moderators on SikhNet are just volenteers. SikhNet does not control them...and FYI...they are a mix of Punjabi/Western Sikhs. Just because you don't like what one of the moderators says...doesn't make it "SikhNet".

Ok...enough... If you want to see what we are like? Watch some of the videos on my blog: http://www.mrsikhnet.com/videos/Sikh_Video...hive.php?file=3 See for yourself. Look at the pictures and stories. The door is wide open and no one is trying to hide anything.

There is not ONE way. Just because it is different doesn't make it bad. Open your heart. To judge is to sepparate. We need to love...accept...and unite. This takes tolerance and understanding...not judgements and criticisms which only push away...and spread negativity.

Ok... done for reals...

Ps...I don't come on here very often so won't be able to read responses to this topic.