Sikhnet

Guest Guest

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a Hindu, buddhist or any non sikh can not get closer to God unless they are saying Whaeguru?

I did not say that. I simply stated that such things are not part of Sikhi. I am against mixing up non-Sikhi elements with Sikhi.

i believe it should be LIVE AND LET LIVE and people (all sorts of) should stop putting their noses in other peoples business... hate all these lame politics, gossip and rubbish...

Read the posts first before making any judgements. What if they establish yogi as the 11th guru? Should we still "live and let live"? If yoga is their "personal business" then clearly it is not part of Sikhi and they should stop distorting Sikhi. When someone tries to change Sikhi it affects every Sikh and thus becomes every Sikh's business. Neither it is politics, rubbish or gossip. it is the simple truth. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I agree with you and i agree that there are somethings in mostly everyone which isn't right according to basic sikhi.. But what we can do ? Either we can confront them, fight, debate and then still both goes in different way.. Still we will have invisible Wall..

I am not sure about sikhnet but i think all websites that i created is because of the interest after being heavy user of sikhnet. I have lots of things to disagree with them but in some way i see that by just one or two person we shouldn't judge the whole 3ho or sikhnet. And not only that.. they do not force their views onto others.. Their youth forum i actually disagree but i don't think that should be enough to label them as "Not Panthic" ?

why don't you give quotes from gurbani where it says lifting weights as an exercise is accepted?or how about basketball? or even gatka? or hockey??

do you not do anything cuz it's not written in gurbani???

138468[/snapback]

Doing excercise is different and making it part of religious teachings is different... I guess if i Start asking sangat to play basketball before simran and tell it is part of religion, it would be wrong. I dont say yoga is bad or 3HO singhs are bad. These people might be way ahead of me in sikhi, but since they grew up in an atmoshphere of practicing yoga so they are mixing two. As far as i know they all were learning yoga first, before becoming sikhs. For them yoga might have made easier to do simran, but it surely is not a pre requsite to be a sikh, which might be the message they are giving out.

What some singhs in here are trying to do is to give analogy that puratan sikhs used to do gatka and other excersises and it is never heard that someone practised yoga, which they might/might not.

This issue should be resolved at earliest before it adds to the many issues bugging sikhs. Right now it might be looking innocent misconception, but wait for another 10-15 years, when numbers of 3HO singhs increase and with them their ideological inlfuence. And then it wont be surprising to see singhs debating anf infighting over yoga and sikhism in much worse way.

The question i guess is not if yoga is bad or not, or whether it helps in meditating or not. But is it pre requisite for being a sikh and only way for meditating better? As told by one singh, they give blanket statements about kundalini yoga and its benefits.... there are other chinese excersises to similar to yoga, should we start preaching that too in gurdwaras........

For me it is not yoga that would help me meditate better.... but only Guru's kirpa. Without kirpa nothing can be achieved. Yoga and other excersies are all same and should only be used for physical fitness, rather than spiritual fitness.

Bhul Chuk maaf

^^ dude get real, you can wait for your kirpa but allow others to make strides as well. If there is a physical exercise that also helps you spiritually then why don't you accept that? Gardening can seriously help one spiritually as can many other activities.

You should get off that high horse and revel in your humanity, that is the highest form of spirituality there is. Unity in Diversity.