Re-taking Amrit

Golee Maro

Amrit is Amrit..when the panj are there they represent guru maharsj....says in bani.

so there is no reason when any amrit sanchar to be lesser than any other.

143759[/snapback]

completely wrong

if in one amrit sanchaar you are told its ok to eat meat. is this the same as another amrit sanchaar which says dont eat meat????

no. it isnt.

there is only one amrit, so there can only be one rehit.

you cant have panj pyareh saying u can eat meat in 1 amrit sanchaar and saying u cant at a anova amrit sanchaar. jus like u cant hav the 5th kakaar as kes and keski

143770[/snapback]

I read all the posts above by all-info etc and thats fine... but i agree with amarjeet singh on this one.

If u heard tomorrow that nirankaris were to start doing amrit ceremonies.. would you agree with it? Or if in amrit ceremonies, a certain jatha started to say "u can have one glass of wine a day", would you stand by them? Are there not lines already drawn in how amrit is given, what is said and what can be done?

and all-info jee, please re-read my earlier posts. I did not say the amrit given to me was fake or had no cred - it was a statement regarding the ones who were "giving" it.

waheguru ji kekhalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, "Nanak Amrit ek hai duja nahi koe".

Lets be clear there is only one Amrit. That is given by the panj pyares.

The concept of naam varies from different sikh circles. Some see naam as fundamental part of sikh based on attempting to jaap it 24/7. Others see naam as paath and reading gurbani. Others see naam as nature, some see it as seva.

I personally believe it to be the first thing. As something fundamental to sikhi, based on attempting to jaap it 24/7.

Some people have a stigma about going pesh. Some believe it as questioning your amrit. This is wrong. Any person should be able to go to the Panj pyares for anything at anytime. If you have a dispute, you can get the panj to resolve it. If you have done a kurehit, then you get pesh in front of the panj. If you have a child, then you get pesh to give the child choola. In the same way, if you feel lacking in naam, then you go to Panj who give you Naam. It is NOT taking Amrit again. It is just getting Naam from the Panj Pyares. Even those who have got Naam from the panj before, but their Amrit vela has collapsed and feel devoid of naam should get it again, and start to rebuild the spiritual life.

There is nothing wrong with getting pesh. But according to Gurbani, there is alot wrong with not getting up at amrit vela and being devoid of Naam.

The important thing is getting pesh is not the answer. If you get naam, and do not jaap it afterwards, then you will be back at square one. The important thing is to drench your life in naam. So do seva, simran, sangat, and lead your minds to a more spiritual avastha.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

143766[/snapback]

Wonderfully Said brother.

Amrit is Amrit..when the panj are there they represent guru maharsj....says in bani.

143759[/snapback]

completely wrong

if in one amrit sanchaar you are told its ok to eat meat. is this the same as another amrit sanchaar which says dont eat meat????

no. it isnt.

you cant have panj pyareh saying u can eat meat in 1 amrit sanchaar and saying u cant at a anova amrit sanchaar. jus like u cant hav the 5th kakaar as kes and keski

143770[/snapback]

I know eh!

Derawalas should stop preaching their own maryada and start preaching the Mayrada as approved by Sri Akaal Takht Sahib. Then everyone has one maryada and we get unity!

143759[/snapback]

completely wrong

no. it isnt.

143770[/snapback]

now its guna turn into the argument of which rehit iz correct and which isnt......me out....

these topics always go on...blahhhhh.....yawn.

il add my seven word argument now.......

rehit given by guru maharj. end of :TH: chardikaaallaaaa everyone! lolll!

WJKK WJKF

during an amrit sanchar the panj pyare u recognise as those panj pyarae that stud up 1699 after they are jus normal

and please tell me if there is an RIGHT technique of doing simran????? like parjee said amrit is very expensive and if u wanna be "in" with another jatha then i think it is rong

bhul chuk maaf

WJKK WJKF

during an amrit sanchar the panj pyare u recognise as those panj pyarae that stud up 1699 after they are jus normal

and please tell me if there is an RIGHT technique of doing simran????? like parjee said amrit is very expensive and if u wanna be "in" with another jatha then i think it is rong

bhul chuk maaf

144115[/snapback]

naaah paaj they arent jus normal coz gurbani says...where there are five gursikhs amritdhari.... i am(Guru Maharaj)

so wwwooww :@

WGKK WGKF

Just wanted to ask, a friend of mine re-took Amrit not too long ago from AKJ. I think originally he took it from Taksaal.

Is it ok to retake amrit? I thought you go pesh if you need to "renew" your amrit?

:@

143752[/snapback]

wjkkwjkp!

If he had commited a Bujhar Kurehat and he was in desperate need of re-validating is Amrit then yes. If however, he wanted to try something new, if he was led by others who made out that "their" amrit sanchar was much better than his original one. Or if they stated that in order for him to do Amrit Vela sangat with them he must change and now become a part of "their" jatha, then that is wrong on both his sangats and his part!!

wjkkwjkp!