Should Sikhs tie or gel their beards

ggbb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also had this discussion on americansikhs yahoo group long time ago and girls there too, preferred khulli dahri. I think most of the guys who tie or put gel on their beards do so to impress girls, but now i have read the discussion on both forums, that girls do not like tied or gelled beards. To me personally, khulli dahri is a real saroop of a Singh, a Lion. We should be proud of our beards. I apply lil baby oil to it cuz it becomes dry after taking shower, just like hair on our head, and comb it.

bhul chuk di khima

jaswant singh

veero its not hte same thing as oil. oil helps to enrich ur hair and make it stronger whereas gel is much like dyes and bleaches and damages ur hair.

their are quite a few puraatan rehatnamas saying that those who dye, bleach or color their hair are thankhaheea.. i think gels and fixos fall under that category.

i'm pretty sure the ladies in favor of kulli dhari :) ju know its seksi

ne ways lets be seroius not that the above is a lie...

what is a lion without its main?

*a pimp without his caine?* (added effect for comedy)

a singh without his khoolo dhari?

Mod Note: Thank you for the comedy (!) but jee let's stay away from 'such words'.

lol women look good with open dari 2 :( lol

Lol gmb_sim.

I think the human looks the <admin-cut> untouched- <ADMIN-CUT!!!!>

The dhari is a functionally important tissue for humans. It serves as potential 'antenas

' of the face and helps keep the skin moisterised. In areas where skin surface heat loss due to conduction, convection and radiation exeeds heat gain, the dhari serves as an essential insulater of the face where heat loss is most substantial. Along come the benifits of protecting the facial skin from occasional insect bites and <admin-cut>.

My point is, ladies and gentelmen- keep the dhari and leave it open.

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

Admin WARNING: Innapropriate discussions of intimacy are NOT allowed. Especially on a YOUTH and SIKHI forum.

i agree with the machinery part.. but anyone having their beirds tugged.. is this khalsa singhs? come on.. no sikh would stand for that or even allow it!

as for being "neat" and "presentable" you mean according to western thought? so should women shave their legs and armpits to be "neat" and "presentable" and not look "shabby" ?

i think a singh with an open dhari which is kept clean and combed etc looks a lot neater than some clean shaven person with little stubble in their face.

Gur Fateh!

I'm not using any western thoughts here thank you! I agree that some folks simply dont' know how to tie their beards and end up wreaking their beards et al -but to say gel is the same as dying and make-up...well guys, get a grip, wearing a dastaar gives you a spam-head receding hairline...what are you going to suggest next???

As per the 'This is Khalsa Singhs' -yes I know who we are, but in a fight, ambush or other attack, no-one gives a damn, it's no-holds bar, not a Karate Competition, Boxing Match or Gatka Khell...so is it not best to be prepared...people will use anything to their advantage and a big beard is open bait (I've seen it happen to other Sardars myself)...

...for the record, I have nothing against tying or leaving it flowing -I do both dependent on t

he Situation and certainly not to impress Girls or Westerners!

This really is a non-issue, get on with your lives...get on with real Sikhi (naam jappo, Vand ke shakko, kirt karo) and not waste time on futile matters...

Sorry, if this offends anyone and given that many are stuck in their view that their version/interpretation of Gurmat is correct, I doubt this will end this topic...so forgive me for my errors, this is the last time I shall be posting for this particular discussion as I have mentioned my point -which Sardar MKhalsa is not comparable to saying a CleanShaved face is presentable (I never stated or alluded to that)...

...everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is simply that this is a personal matter and one dependent upon one's situation...and so long as Kesh are maintain and respected (which can be done by caring for them if open or tying them up sensibly so they don't get dirty, burnt, caught up in machinery etc) Maryada is not violated.

MKhalsa, I certainly agree that "a singh with an open dhari which is kept clean and combed etc looks a lot neater than some clean shaven person with little stubble in their face" ...clean shaven folk are scared to grow up and hence shave to 'appear' like children -Sardar Kapur Singh writes extensively on the subject and its origins and popularisation during the reign of Alexander the Great in his book "Parasaraprasna" which I recommend as a great read.

-forever at the feet of the Sangat-

Sorry, if this offends anyone and given that many are stuck in their view that their version/interpretation of Gurmat is correct, I doubt this will end this topic...so forgive me for my errors, this is the last time I shall be posting for this particular discussion as I have mentioned my point.......

Completely agree, Thats why i have not replied in this topic until now. For me ,there is no difference between tieing a jura on the head and tieing my darhi under the chin in a knot.

It all depends if u know how to tie the darhi properly. Gels don't harm hair, if they did then they wouldn't be on the market.