Hazoor Sahib

Some very good posts by Mann_Kaum_L_K.

Aarti has nothing to do with hinduism. Shiv bhagats worship shivling. Does it make it right? They do it with love. Same goes for doing bhagtee on 1 leg, teerath isnaan, barat, joat, naareeal, aarti, etc. etc.

If it is wrong, it is wrong. Balbir Singh, we know Gurbani. RSS chelas don't need to tell us what Gurbani is. Gurbani is learnt by reading it and contemplating on it, not by doing rituals like aarti, joat, ghee, etc.

If you ever took the time to read Gurbani and think about it, you wouldn't be here arguing because you would know. You didn't even bother to think about the tukhs that were pasted in this thread.

If you love hindumat so much, go back to shiv sena or wherever you came from.

If anything worship done out of love is okay, then isn't worshipping lings and stuff okay?

So when Guru Ji said:

Koor Kirreaa Urjeo Sabh He Jugg, Sri Bhaagwaan Ko Bhaid Naa Paayo.

Guru Ji was wrong?

You know more?

Who are you to change Panthic decision that aarti is manmat to Gurmat?

Are you above 5 piaras? Are you above Guru Ji? Are you above the Panth?

It is people like you who make up their own maryadas and have ruined the Panth.

Unless the Panthic maryada opposers aren't handled, Panth won't have any success and will continue to be eaten by up slugs like rss, shiv sena, etc. and corrupted society.

Real Sikhi has been lost, that is why most of youth isn't even close to being a Sikh.

Rituals don't get us anywhere. Hindus have more rituals than anyone, they haven't gotten anywhere.

You might not know, but here in western countries, people like ganesh are made fun of.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

The jot is regularly burning at Harmandar Sahib and people bring Ghee with them to fill the lamp.

Please explain. What has this to do with Sikhism?

Dear ms514 Ji!

You mentioned four Hs which must be avoided (Sri Dasam Granth).

Please provide the page number. I will be thankful.

You wrote further "Rehat has plenty to do with Gurmat."

And what is that which does not include 'plenty'.

You seem to be influenced by Maya when you write "On one hand, you state that Aarti has nothing to do with "Simran" and on the other hand, Sikhs should do it...lack of focus."

Please provide my original statement but not your mind's analysis.

Many Sikhs are now educated. Also, the younger generation is not being satisfied by empty explanations.

All need true experiences to satisfy the spiritual thirst.

Those should come forward who feel they can.

Balbir Singh

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

The jot is regularly burning at Harmandar Sahib and people bring Ghee with them to fill the lamp.

Please explain. What has this to do with Sikhism?

Nothing, it is manmat. Same goes for washing of floors with milk. Both are manmat. That milk can be provided to poor families. There are prob. couple other manmats there too. This stuff came from Gurbilaas Patshahi 6. The messed up book.

It is against the maryada. What can you do when brahmaneefied rss agents are controlling the Gurudwaras. Not to forget there were statues there at one time too. Do you think that was right too? Same way. manmat has crapt back in, it has to be removed but people like you don't remove it and don't let others remove it. If you think sharda, what if someone brings sharaab with sharda, will you accept it? Sharda is useless with wisdom (akl).

Sat Sri Akal:

"The jot is regularly burning at Harmandar Sahib and people bring Ghee with them to fill the lamp."

That is from when the Harimandir Sahib was connected to the electrical supply. When this project undertaken, some Sikhs protested, saying that if Guru Sahib wanted electricity, they would have installed it themselves ( rolleyes.gif ). So to keep them happy, the entire of Harimandir Sahib was electrified and that lamp is the compromise with those Sikhs. Mind you, that lamp has also caught surrounding objects on fire from time to time.

The quotations are from the Asfokat Sawiyae of the Dasam Granth Sahib and as there is much controversey as to what Banis to include in the Dasam Granth Sahib, so the numbering varies.

"Please provide my original statement but not your mind's analysis"

Please do try to keep your haumai down...your words are not Gurbani that have to be quoted directly.

"All need true experiences to satisfy the spiritual thirst. Those should come forward who feel they can."

I see...and you have attained BrahmGyan that you know what stage everyone is at...right...everyone who opposes you is a Manmukh and everyone who supports you isa Gurmukh...yes, we get it.

Satsriakal to all and ms514 Ji!

Interesting one has found a reason why Jot is on at Harmandar Sahib.

So, according to you, Sikhi is to please some happy. Is this also how Sikh Maryada is developed?

You stated "There are also four H's which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told."

To confirm it you wrote "The quotations are from the Asfokat Sawiyae of the Dasam Granth Sahib and as there is much controversey as to what Banis to include in the Dasam Granth Sahib, so the numbering varies."

Are you sure you do not lie when you give views and write that those are from the Dasam Granth?

Please make it easy. Few versions of the Dasam Granth are available on Internet. Do this favor to all searchers and provide the page number. It would be great to know where 'Asfokat Sawiyae' in the Dasam Granth Sahib are.

Please do not feel ashamed for manipulating statements from other participants. Learn to be a good Sikh and correct it.

You wrote at the end of your post "I see...and you have attained BrahmGyan that you know what stage everyone is at...right...everyone who opposes you is a Manmukh and everyone who supports you isa Gurmukh...yes, we get it."

Thanks for giving me another title. Please do not feel jealous and poorer by doing so.

God has given you birth with BrahmGyan too.

Balbir Singh

wjkk wjkf

Sikhi veerji/penji is there a sikh version to a havan? if there is has anyone got any pictures cud u pleex post them. also Chalisa xactly is it and who did it in the Damdami Taksal coz i hav heard that Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale was not for the jyot or cocnut so hav any of the other jathedars dun this???

sorry if i offended anyone

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf

Sat Sri Akal:

"So, according to you, Sikhi is to please some happy. Is this also how Sikh Maryada is developed?"

That deeva is not Maryada but rather the only way that Harimandir Sahib could be connected to electricity...wise Sikhs saw that that electricity would not be allowed by the stubborn element, and rather than engage in arguement with them, they reached a compromise.

Sikh Rehat Maryada was formed after all the Maryadas and Rehatnamae were collected and tested against Gurbani. If the Rehat passed, it was accepted...if it failed the test of Gurbani, it was discarded. Obviously, deevas and jyots failed. Again, Panthic decision that you are casting doubt on...good to know that you respect the Guru's decision to pass on the authority to the Panth...I am sure Guru Sahib is very pleased.

"Are you sure you do not lie when you give views and write that those are from the Dasam Granth?"

You ain't calling me no liar...you are calling the Damdami Taksal a liar. The above was from the following:

http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_basicsfivek.htm

So if you want to call anyone a liar, please feel free to contact them and say so. I am sure that they will address your concerns.

"Please do not feel ashamed for manipulating statements from other participants. Learn to be a good Sikh and correct it."

Still on because I put a quote on the wrong end of the sentence? Have I upset your Bhagti with such a minute thing that you would now call me a liar and a slanderer. Obviously, for all the Brahm Vichaar that you speak of, you are still very much ailed by your Haumai. Perhaps you should reconsider what effects your "Simran" is having on you.

"Thanks for giving me another title. Please do not feel jealous and poorer by doing so."

Oh, don't worry. It is Guru Sahib's Bachan to hold even the most ego-filled humans higher than yourself. I am sure that I will be bestowing you with many titles in the future. Guru Sahib taught the Sikhs to be very generous...even when giving out titles.