Rally/march For Remembrance, Justice And Freedom

JagtarSinghKhalsa

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a list of local contacts for the event?

Thanks

It is best to contact your local Gurdwara for information about transport.

Alternatively, email info@campaign84.org if you wish to directly speak to some of the organisers for the event in Trafalgar Square or email sikhfederationuk@yahoo.co.uk as it appears to be the only organisation that is part of the Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) that has been active locally and nationaly in ensuring the event is a success.

Is there a list of local contacts for the event?

Thanks

It is best to contact your local Gurdwara for information about transport.

Alternatively, email info@campaign84.org if you wish to directly speak to some of the organisers for the event in Trafalgar Square or email sikhfederationuk@yahoo.co.uk as it appears to be the only organisation that is part of the Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) that has been active locally and nationaly in ensuring the event is a success.

Very true.

I can't remember the exact numbers and facts etc, but in one of Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale Jee's speeches, Sant Jee states that if a follower of the Hindoo faith, who have given only a small percentage of Kurbaniya and Martyrdom for the Independence of India can keep 230 grenades unlicensed, (i.e. Pawan Kumar), then in comparison, a follower of the Sikh faith who have given a very large percentage of Kurbaniya and Martydom for the Independence of India have the right to keep a substantial number more.

Does not link directly with this (oh well, some inspiration from Sant Jee anyway), but considering the obvious immense sole effort by the Sikh Federation (UK) in the organisation and success of this event, I hope the Panjabi stage at Hyde Park is not "hijacked" in anyway by other organisations that will "claim" to be "organisers".

Daas looks forward to speeches at Hyde Park from Mahaan Panthic leaders such as Bhai Amrik Singh Jee.

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Is it possible for the Sikh Fed to also promote 400 Years of Guroo Arjan Dev Jee's Shaheedi?!

It's an amazing seva to raise awareness about '84 but we also need to raise awareness about Guroo Saahibs Shaheedi.

:TH:

160812[/snapback]

No cannot be doing that or even be remembering the shaheed of the wadha gallughara.

Ask a youngster these days about the biggest violent singular attack in Sikh history and they will claim bluestar. They know nothing about the biggest hollacaust the world has ever seen the Wadha Gallughara of 1762.

161850[/snapback]

Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shaheedi will definitely be covered in the FREEDOM RALLY in Trafalgar Square on Sunday 4 June and Kurtas you may be pleasantly surprised if you attend - the Wadha Gallughara may also be mentioned - however 1984 will be the main focus.

Flag burning in Trafalgar Square will be a COMPLETE no no . . .

Why will flag burning be a NO NO sumthing offendeing u?

What would be the purpose of flag burning. One main purpose of the march I guess is to gather support from the wider community and to create awareness. Where does flag burning fit into that? Onlookers and MPs would most likely view us as extremists and there goes any support! We all feel the same animosity toward the actions of the Indian state but will burning the indian flag change that? Will it bring back all those innocent people who were killed? no it won't. The best thing we can do in this country is raise awareness for whats happening and help in other ways poss. Rather than getting any justice, burning flags will just portray us in a negative light.

bhul chuk maaf

Rally and March for Remembrance, Justice and Freedom

Sunday 4th June 2006

This year the annual remembrance rally and march to mark the 22nd anniversary of the 1984 Indian army assault on the Golden Temple complex will be taking place in London on Sunday 4 June 2006.

Has the 4 June poster and postcards appeared at your local Gurdwara?

Please post if this is the case for your town/city/Gurdwara.

The posters are up at the Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara Gravesend, the postcards are available as well.

Postcards are available as Sri Guru Singh Sabha Slough, also the few posters at the stall have gone, but NO posters yet up at the Gurdwara and no announcements from the stage. Meeting up with some of the committee members tonight to rectify the situation. Although a couple of coaches have already been booked.

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa

WaheGuru Ji Ke Fateh

Since 1984 how much in donations (£, $,) made it to the survivors of the riots?

Having Remembrance Days is great in the mean time survivors need economic aid to re-build houses, business premises, money for education, food, water, health needs etc. Yes 21 years on hard cash is required by the survivors to overcome incredible hardship.

Yes I was able to donate through my own sources.

Put your hand on your heart fellow Sikhs and ask yourself (and those around you) who actually donated money and ensured it reached the victims of Operation Blue Star and the survivors of the riots in October/November 1984?

I spoke to various Sikhs and Organizations over the years and they stated very little money made it to the victims particularly Delhi as these Sikhs were drawn from the low caste?

Bhul Chak Maff

Jeevan, although you have a point about more emphasis shoud be put on aiding the victims than ONLY holding rememberence days.... BUt I don't see where you're coming from when it comes to Delhi Sikhs coming from low castes.. I seriously doubt anyone would be more motivated to donate if the victims were from high castes..

This is a caste-less issue, let's keep it this way for once..lol.