"crew T-shirts"

_K_

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know.... for some reason it bothers me to see khandas with ak 47s around them instead of the actuall miri peeri kirpaans. Maybe i'm wrong, but this symbol was made during the times of our gurus and like we all know each part of the khanda has a literal as well as a symbolic meaning to it. For example, The Khanda represents knowledge of divinity and the creative power of God. and the miri peeri kirpaans on the side represent/symbolize spiritual and temporal (earthly) power in balance. ( I got this info from google blush.gif ) :wub: so yah and today when i see tshirts or a website that has a khanda but instead of the kirpaans there are ak 47s, it just bothers me so much, like i understand people want to mordernize our religion but i think if they want to they should atleast stay in limits. I dont know maybe im wrong, or i get the wrong feeling but then again im no one to talk.

acting black

yeh rite lol!. how does having a hoody ( a piece of clothing that black people did not invent) mean people are acting black. black people didnt invent hoodies.

the tops in question

I own many sikh theme tops. 1 of the sleeveless hoodies i own is the "Bhinderanwalle never forget 84" top. This is not a gang thing (althought many people may think it is). I have worn that top before and i am not a member of any gang. it simply gives out a strong message that we have not forgotton the atrocities of 1984. every year we see awareness campaigns to educate people on what happened in 1984 in detail. This can also be called a campaign to educate. The 84 top shows our awareness of not only the 84 attack, but also of the arocities that followed.

IT lets our oppostion to the evil regime that participated in the atrocity be known.

ak47 on the hoody

Immortal productions made a few nice tops. the latest was the one that u are all talkin about, the one with the senthali on it. it was being distributed at the last southall naggar kirtan.

The top with the "ak47" on the back that forms part of the khanda, i also have. its not modernising sikhism in anyway at all, because i beleive that sikhism can never be modernised, its perfect the way it is and forever will remain perfect.

The concept has not been changed, its still a khanda. the ak47 represents a shastar. it is the "defenders of faith" logo which immortal productions made as far as my knowledge tells me. the ak47 theme i think came from the song "ak47 walle" from tigetstyle (1st shaheedi album from immortal productions). it came out years ago but only now most people are hearing it.

abusing the khanda

I know there can sometimes be a problem with people abusing the khanda....

the other day i saw some1 at night that was drunk and they had the "bhinderanwalle never forget 84" top on.

it was giving out a very bad image by having a sant-soldier image of a great 21st century soorma in bhinderanwalle on the back and "never forget 84" logo on the front. i asked him if he had been drinking....he replied "no im not stupid i wudnt drinki with this top on it wont look right". he had told a lie, because he was falling over side to side. SO i took the top off that person and told them off. :bringitondude what an <banned word filter activated>.

im sure these things happen with khanda also.

Alot of people ask me for the 84 tops..even drunks sometimes.....what a joke.

hindus go red :angry:

i know alot of people do get a bit p'd off wen they see an ak47, but its not there to indimidate any1.

I know alot of extreme hindus get all angry wen they see bhinderanwalle's image on the clothing. theres alot of bahmans that give dirty looks because of it. Why do they hate a sant-soldier image on your clothing?? cuz he dared stand up against tyranny? their dirty looks reflect their support for the oppression of sikhs. they are full of hatred.

defenders of faith

only people that are defenders of faith should wear them and not drunks and druggies lol. (i only ever seen 1 drunk wearing it and i took it off him). defenders of faith i define as people that are willing to fight for the preservation of sikhi and do active service to fight enemies of sikhs. look at our sikh brothers and sisters throughout sikh history....such great sacrifices....great role models. (not that im sayin we can ever live up to that). ! d_oh.gif

Sat sri akaal! stay in chadri kalla

i totally agree AK47....good post :TH:

well when the youths got together & organised a shaheedi in conjunction wit the darbar sahib attack last year......we made a t-shirt.....wit Baba Jarnail Singh's photo on it.....n like numbers u see on footballers jersey....it was never forget 84.....

believe me....those t-shirts were only worn by us(youths who organised the semagam)......n tat sent out a big message to the oteher youths.......the youths ddint know wat happened in 84.....they were asking questions bout 84......

they were asking if we had more t-shirts

in a way i feel its a way of doin parchaar......i;ve a few tops......which hav khandas on it

our sikh society in the uni.....most of the members r monay.....they drink smoke etc....but when it comes to these kinda thigns.....they want the khanda to be there....they say its represents us as sikhs........i think we shud look at from another perspective......cos they r proud of it.....tats y they put it up on their tops......if we were good enuff.......we can use tat n get them interested in sikhi....i duno how to do it..

...juz my moorakhs thoughts

bhull chukk maaf

I agree.

We shouldn't modernize our sikhi, because its perfect the way it is, but then why would we put ak47s instead of the actual kirpaans. I mean if you say that ak47 is just a shastre, but so is a kirpaan, obviously when the khanda was made during the time of guru maharaj, he had a reason for making what ever he made. I mean he must have had a reason to put the 2 khande there. If we WANT to perserve our history then i think we have to perserve the way our symbol was made too.

Again, this is just my opinion, and i would be the first one to be wrong, so please excuse me. blush.gif

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has told us what we should wear, so wear a Dastaar (with your Kesh neatly tied underneath), Kanga, Kirpan, Kara and Kachera.

Dont fall into this trap of wearing customised clothing with Khanda etc on. This is similar to having tatoos of khanda on your person. Its uneccessary and a complete waste of money. If you have money to spare on such clothing then why not just donate this money to a charity of your choice or to United Sikhs. Think about whether Guru Ji would want you wasting money on clothing with Khanda or on helping those less fortunate than us.

You make a good point about helping people who are less fortunate, but I don't think that wearing a shirt with a khanda on it is a waste of money. First of all, you have to wear some sort of clothes. Second, you're promoting your religion, and the khanda is a sikh symbol. Yea, help others, I agree, but there's nothing wrong in being proud of who you are. Every time I see a khanda, I am reminded of Miri and Piri, and everything else that's great about our religion, Every time I see any other sikh symbols, I"m reminded of how great my religion is. There's nothing wrong with it, be proud. We hoist a nishaan sahib, with a khanda on it for a reason, to display who we are, and to remind us of why we're sikhs...

Fateh

The way to go is to educate the Sikh Youth about their religion. If they don't know, they WILL make mistakes. I dont think they do it intentionally. If we teach they will want to learn. I come from a not very religious family. I'm sorry to say that my brothers, even father, don't know the names of all the Guru's (as an example) and they all cut their hair etc. However, a year back I had a 'religious awakening' and am working towards becoming Amritdhari in 2008. Through my example, my mother is going to do Amrit in 2007 and my brothers ask more and more questions about Sikhism- including questions about 1984 and Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale. We, as a family try to go to the Gurudwara at least once a week ( which is a record) :T:

But the point is if we taught people about what happened before and after '84; and Sikhi in general, there would probably be more of a religious awareness among Sikh's in diaspora and more people would wear these T-shirts (which i believe is a great idea) with the respect that they deserve. :wub:

i personaly i fink their just fashion accesories now these hoodies ppl wear em to look "cool" i have seen moneh wearing babbar khalsa hoodies, finknig their part of babbar khalsa

i've seen girls wear sant ji hoodies and walking into pubs for a drink or so

i personaly i fink their just fashion accesories now these hoodies ppl wear em to look "cool" i have seen moneh wearing babbar khalsa hoodies, finknig their part of babbar khalsa

i've seen girls wear sant ji hoodies and walking into pubs for a drink or so

Exactly! That's what i'm sayin, cept tht if we try n ecucate ppl about what they represent then maybe they wont use them as accessories and go pub n them? blush.gif Or am i just too naive?