Initiate Gurguddi Through Coconuts

raju123

i read this on another site.

“they really did initiate gurguddi through coconuts and a Tilak..”

That's a hindoo thing isinit?.

that’s what I’ve read so many times . is this true or are we just taking a donkey lead and believing everything without questioning it…

some one pls help..

I cannot believe this the guru’s doing this. But I have never questioned it before,

Confused and lost, pls help..

ok what problem do you have with a coconut?

let me also inform you of something else the Guru Ji did. Top secret though: they used to sleep at night,they used to eat at day time and check this one out, they even used to drink water I think.

veer I am not being rude, the point is what is so hindu about the coconut?

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

Vaaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!

Khalsa jee,

If somebody is being conniving, arrogant, or "oversmart" then maybe you will be justified to talk back to them with sarcasm or jokes.

But if somebody asks a question innocently - no matter how smart you think you are, you should not ridicule them. It does not show their weakness, it shows your weakness.

Raju123 bhainjee / veerjee the coconut is representing "food" for the langar and 5 paisas represent "money" to run the gurdwara sahib, dastaar was tied on their head of the successor, sri sahib for miri (spiritual power), and from sri guru hargobind sahib ji's time another sri sahib for piri (political power), and tilak is also part of the tradition but I'm not sure what it represents.

These things are not influenced by Brahminism - they are part of our history and they have some significance. Please try to ask another knowledgeable Gursikh (especially anybody who does Sikh history Katha in your local community)

please forgive my mistakes

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

Vaaheguroojeekeefathehh !!!!!!!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I think many of the comments above are unnessisary. The proper question is: what significance did the coconut and 2 paise have in the guru gadhee ceremony? Why was a coconut used? Obviously there must have been some significance, so what was it?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Ive heard that when the Guruship was passed on, Guru Sahib placed a tikka on his successor. I think this is what they used to do when a King used to pass his kingdom to his heir too. Just what Ive heard, would like to know if its true.

No. Its NOT True.

Its SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE used in CULTURE to explain the seat of throne being giving to another person.

For example when Queen Elizabeth II became Queen of England, the Indian newspapers wrote in headlines, "Elizabeth noo Raaj Tilak dittaa gayiaa" (meaning, Elizabeth has been given the Tilak of Rule".

Did Elizabeth wear a Tilak? NO.