Beadbi Of Guru Ji - Wedding @ Thistle This Sunday

singh100

Seriously? And in the actual gurdwara aswell :lol:

Where is grays?

And do you know the name of the gurdwara aswell?

Grays is a lovely town in Essex. The Gurdwara comprises of this party hall which is joint to the overall Gurdwara Building. There is an door that joins the hall & Gurdwara Langar hall.

Its so blatant that if you ring the Gurdwara and ask if you can book the hall, they will say upfront that meat and alcohol is allowed here!! Many locals have seen the alcohol going through the main entrance of the Gurdwara, into the langar hall and through the door that goes into the party hall.

Need I say more? Try it, give them a ring and say you want to book the hall for your kid's birthday or something, see what they say. ohmy.gif

01375 376 086

Grays Sikh Temple - 6 Maidstone Road, Grays, Essex. RM17 6MF

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean gurdwaras which have halls next to or opposite them?

no the gurdwara is in grays and has a hall in the same building in which parties are held after the lava. alchohol is served and all that seperates the guru granth sahib ji and the alchohol is a wall. i do not agree with this which led me to question why is was wrong to take our guru ji to a hotel, and yet have gurdwaras that do worse.

if action is taken for the weddings then the same should be done for issues like this. i dont mean any disrespect, but feel issues like these should be given due concern

bhenji, after seeing this, and after hearing that you do not agree with it, we must now act... it is now apparent that you are FOR respecting Guru Jee... now what must be done is some action by the sangat... i can give you an example... in Toronto there is a Gurdwara that was run by corrupt 'singhs' and was turning upside down.... the sangat then took the gurdwara committee to court and won the case, and now the old corrupt committee is gone, and it is now run by the sangat... by some learned Gursikhs... not by some money hungry, political "granthi's"... it is all in the sangats hands.. a Gurdwara (or any place of worship) belongs to the local sangat.. so the sangat can oust the committee and their corrupt wayz... the sangat first needs to be educated about the situation and about what is being done... it is all in OUR hands... Guru Jee is alwayz with us...

Chardi Kalaa!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Where is grays?

Grays is a lovely town in Essex. The Gurdwara comprises of this party hall which is joint to the overall Gurdwara Building. There is an door that joins the hall & Gurdwara Langar hall.

Its so blatant that if you ring the Gurdwara and ask if you can book the hall, they will say upfront that meat and alcohol is allowed here!! Many locals have seen the alcohol going through the main entrance of the Gurdwara, into the langar hall and through the door that goes into the party hall.

Need I say more? Try it, give them a ring and say you want to book the hall for your kid's birthday or something, see what they say. ohmy.gif

01375 376 086

I just rang and spoke to a member of the committe and asked for an 'estimate' for a party do.

I also asked whether I could have meat and alcohol there to which he replied "no, because it is joined to the gurdwara."

Where is grays?

01375 376 086

I just rang and spoke to a member of the committe and asked for an 'estimate' for a party do.

I also asked whether I could have meat and alcohol there to which he replied "no, because it is joined to the gurdwara."

Good news as this time last year Grays Gurdwara Committee were allowing meat and sharab in their community hall.

Becoming amritdari don't make you better than no one, you are not better than a mona you are better than no one. However, a lot of kids these days get that ego in themselves that they are better and they have a superior knowledge of the sikh religion than any 'mona' out there. Than they try to use this 'knowledge' to punk people who might say the slightest thing they think is wrong. That is the perception I got after seeing Rina being punked by a couple of people on this thread. I remember back in the day someone screaming at me for saying pages instead of angs, or not typing out Wjkk Wjkf. Just people out on a ego trip trying to make others feel stupid. If you think she is doing or saying something wrong educate her dont try making her feel stupid. So i agree with her, you need to grow up. Sorry for bringing this up again even though it seemed to be resolved.

WJKK WJKF

(Steve Nash double MVP, ooooooo yaaaaaaaaa)

Veerji, I agree with you on one hand, but at the same time I THINK people were mostly upset because in the first few of rina's posts it mite have sounded like she was defending her actions.... personally to me it seemed liked she felt she was the victim in all this, although there was almost beadbi done to Guru Jee... after some bickering from both sides, she made her position very clear, in that, she does want to keep respect for Guru Jee... as well bhenji had referred to Maharaj Jee's Saroop as a 'book'... which i'm guessing gave people the idea that she didn't see Sree Guru Granth Sahib Jee as our Living Guru...

so veerji, although you are correct in some wayz, there are reasons as to why some people reacted the way they did (although some posts were very immature - from both sides)...

Chardi Kalaa!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

I am Harpreet Singh Baxi from Kanchans. I have read all the concerns read by everyone with regards to the wedding on Sunday 30th April at The Tower Hotel. The wedding is now taking place at a Gurdwara in East London instead of the hotel. The family will receive the grooms party and arrangements have been made to take the bride and grooms immediate family and friends to the Gurdwara so we may perform the Laava with the respect that is due.

I would just like to share my opinion that, it is a very stressful time for a brides family and it was just made a lot harder with the continuous phonecalls, many from young sikhs, which did get very annoying. But this issue has now been resolved for the betterment of everyone and to uphold the respect of Sikhi.

I hope that we can avoid any violent or abusive scenes on Sunday, as I am sure that you can understand that the family are upset by this whole incident. So it is my request that you step down from any action that has been planned.

I hope we have managed to keep everyone concerned happy.

on behalf of Kanchans Group

Harpreet Baxi (Peter)

If anyone has any questions please feel to call me.

Harpreet Singh Baxi (Peter)

07961 322 026

with all due respect perhaps the family should have thought of this b4

do they not know that sri guru granth sahib ji is our eternal guru (AND THEIRS!)

that guru ji tells us not to drink and the utmost respect must b shown to our guru

we will do what ever it takes for the respect of our guru

we would die for our guru

"AISE GUR KO BAL BAL JAYE"

im sure dat the noone wanted 2 upset them but no one took notice of at the beginning

the family cud not have been more upset than the sangat

we will do wotever it takes to make sure that our pyare guru ji is respected

i thank da family 4 rearranging the wedding

family cud not have been more upset than the sangat

Who knows who cares......

Don't do beadbhi and weddings won't be 'ruined'

The thing is it's not much the families fault than the granthi's. For all the family knew they had the anand karaj booked at the hotel which the granthi would perform. In their eyes the granthi was a religious man, so if there were any objections then he would have been the first to make it.

Unfortunately the truth is, as we all know it, there are many corrupt elements in our gurdwara institutions.

As for committee's, the system is only good for managing countries, but not gurdwaras.

We need to strike more at the source of the problem.

bhul chuk maaf

Veerji, I agree with you on one hand, but at the same time I THINK people were mostly upset because in the first few of rina's posts it mite have sounded like she was defending her actions.... personally to me it seemed liked she felt she was the victim in all this, although there was almost beadbi done to Guru Jee... after some bickering from both sides, she made her position very clear, in that, she does want to keep respect for Guru Jee... as well bhenji had referred to Maharaj Jee's Saroop as a 'book'... which i'm guessing gave people the idea that she didn't see Sree Guru Granth Sahib Jee as our Living Guru...

i did not make out as if i was the victim, you do not know how it was handled, so cant be the judge. as i said, i agree with the point in some ways that you are making, however disagree with the way it is being done

thank you harpreet singh!