Beadbi Of Guru Ji - Wedding @ Thistle This Sunday

singh100

I know of a wedding in my family on Sunday 30th April taking place at Thistle Hotel London. Guru Granth Sahib Ji will be taken there.

the hotel address is:

St Katharine's Way,

East London, E1W 1LD

Phone: 0870 333 9106

Fax: 0870 333 9206

Email: Tower@guoman.com

Please could the sangat do some seva and maybe speak to the hotel.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of a wedding in my family on Sunday 30th April taking place at Thistle Hotel London. Guru Granth Sahib Ji will be taken there.

the hotel address is:

St Katharine's Way,

East London, E1W 1LD

Phone: 0870 333 9106

Fax: 0870 333 9206

Email: Tower@guoman.com

Please could the sangat do some seva and maybe speak to the hotel.

This must be stopped. Whoever uses this Forum must ring the hotel now! Its the beadbi of our Father, Why should we turn a blind eye to those who want to exploit Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji! Sikh Weddings are a maony making business for Corrupt Committees or Corrupt Granthis! At least the white man will listen and act accordingly to the wishes of the Sikh Community! Just tell the hotel why its not appopriate for Guruji to be bought to the hotel and that its an highly offesive act and against Sikh Principles!

Please Sangat Ji, save my father if not yours!!! pray.gif

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fateh.

I've just phoned the hotel. It is true Guru ji will be taken there on Sunday.

When you phone up, pick option 4 that will get you dirrectly to the bookings.

The person organising the event is:

Sam Baxi

Kanchans Restuarant

Tel: 020 8518 9282

Fax: 020 8518 2220

email: peter@kanchansgroup.com

It is a restuarant based at Gants Hill and Manor Park in East London. It is a private company run by Sam and his son Peter Baxi.

When I called him up and questioned him about the event and told him that what he is doing is wrong, he told me to get lost and put the phone down on me and told me it is non of my business.

So everyone please phone and try to stop this beadbi from happening.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fateh.

Just one small benti to all those that telephone those concerned. Please speak to them with pyar and whatever they do not get angry. These folks usually want to project those opposed to hotel weddings as vulgar, crude, wahabis (as namstang would say). Do not give them an opportunity to tarnish the good name of the Panth.

This problem just lingers on. We need strict action from the top against those who are facilitating the wedding. We need to know who the pakhandi giani etc are, unlike in the past where they have apologised and got away with thing. This time we need to make people across the UK aware of what these pakhandi giani are doing. Sikh publications like the Awaze Quam should be asked to publish the photographs of thse pakhandis on the front page.

We have tried asking Vedanti (the chap who claims he is Akal Takht Jathedar but who spends more time travelling than dealing with petittions) to take action but he is too busy combing his beard and polishing his Siri Sahib case to summon anyone to the Akal Takht. By ignoring the issue of beadbi he is just as guilty as those committing the beadbi. If anyone has any contact with Vedanti perhaps they could ask him if he would take a backhander to summon a few of these hotel giani.

Here is an email I sent to Dear Thistle Hotel London, which others can use or use parts of to send to these people. (It can't get EASIER than that. So please EVERYONE do your PANTHIC DUTY and prevent Beadbi of Guru Ji).

To: peter@kanchansgroup.com, Tower@guoman.com

CC:

Subject: Serious Complaint

I am emailing you in regards to a wedding which has been booked for 30th April 2006 at the Thistle Hotel in East London.

The marriage party is planning to have a Sikh religious wedding ceremony in the Thistle Hotel, which will involve bringing 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji', the Sikhs' Sacred Scripture, which the Sikhs regard with utmost reverence and sanctity. The Sikh's Supreme Authority has banned the Sacred Scripture, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served. It clearly has been said that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not allowed to be taking to banqueting halls, hotels, pubs or bars. Therefore, this a clear violation of the Sikhs religious sentiments.

There have been previous cases recently where families planning weddings have disregarded the sanctity and sacredness of the Sikh's Scripture and have violated the edict of the Sikh supreme authority. These incidents have led to peaceful protests outside venues with Sikhs from across the UK coming to support these measures, and also police involvement.

The British police have been supportive of the Sikh community. Recently the police issued a statement that a Sikh wedding planned at the Royal Lancaster Hotel London was re-arranged, so that the wedding will take place in a nearby Sikh Gurdwara (place of worship) rather than in the hotel complex. The decision of stopping the Sikh wedding at the Hotel came about as the Hotel was overflown with Sikhs from across the UK phoning, and emailing trying to educate the Hotel about the Sikh sentiments and issue.

We hope you will also realise the seriousness of the issue and prevent any unnecessary large peaceful protests.

Here are some links to news articles regarding previous cases which have cause unnecessary hassle to the Sikh community:

* http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/1887/2005-10-16.html

* http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0...1515545,00.html

* http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/1784/2005-09-18.html

* http://www.panthic.org/news/131/ARTICLE/1450/2005-06-19.html

I hope you take this matter severely, and prevent any unnecessary peaceful protests by the Sikh community from across the UK by not allowing the disrespect and violation of the Sikh's sacred scripute, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from happening on your hotel premises.

I would like a reply as soon as possible, as Sikhs across the country are planning to hold peaceful protests outside the hotel if the Sacred Scriptures, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is brought to the Hotel complex.

Regards,

Benti to those living in East London:

1. Please CONTACT YOUR LOCAL MP (George Galloway). You can do this through the link below:

http://www.writetothem.com/

2. Please EMAIL YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL. You can do this through the link below:

https://webforms.towerhamlets.gov.uk/AF3/an...ame=JkKOxYv6zOR

3. RING Hate crime reporting: 0800 138 0521

To report any kind of hate crime anonymously including, racial and other kinds of harassment motivated by someone’s age, disability, faith or sexual orientation. Your information will then be passed on to the appropriate council team for a report to be filed and for action if necessary.

Agreed, we all need to do as much as we can to stop this. If there is to be a protest on the day it needs to be done without any anger or violence.

We need Singhs to be on hand with camcorders or digital cameras to take images of all those attending, especially the granthi and kirtanis and organisers.

Leaflets should be made and handed out to all those attending.

brothers and Sisters,

Firstly we need to contact Kanchans - I think I know who these people are - the guy is a Singh (trim singh) who has no idea what satkaar is - Ive seen him organising katering at weddings and has no respect for anyone but his catering - very rude and abrupt...

He needs to be sent a letter or at least a phonecall - an article ahould also be written to boycott kanchans fullstop.

Agreed, we all need to do as much as we can to stop this. If there is to be a protest on the day it needs to be done without any anger or violence.

We need Singhs to be on hand with camcorders or digital cameras to take images of all those attending, especially the granthi and kirtanis and organisers.

Leaflets should be made and handed out to all those attending.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Contact KATHERINE - BANQUETING MANAGER Thistle Hotel London on 020 7423 8853.

She seems like a reasonable lady, she's aware of the issue but says she can't do anything as they have a contractual agreement with Kanchans. Please keep the pressure up!!

Contact KATHERINE - BANQUETING MANAGER Thistle Hotel London on 020 7423 8853.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!