Sikh Girl Shot In Leg

Let the full story unfold, unfortunatly much as I can believe this incident has occured there maybe a lot more to what happended.

What's the local Gurdwara Committees saying about the incident..It's funny as there was a big Gurdwara meeting in Derby yesterday but this issue was not mentioned....

What's the Punjabi press saying about this. Punjab Times is based in Derby, did they print anything in Friday's issue?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was wondering when the bit about this girl seeing a muslim guy or something along those lines came up, it all so sad that we automatically align the religions before we actually understand its prob a case of romeo and juliet !!!!

Fateh to all...

I totally agree something should be done. But the approach some people wana take is just stupid. In a situation like this you have to think carefully what your going to do - not go in there with full blast. Muslims are already branded as terrorists do we really want the same name for sikhs??!! but all the muslims deserve to

As much as I hate to be the one going against the majority, the question remains: WHAT EVIDENCE IS THERE?

People please. Until there's confirmed information about what has happened no point in running around saying -

"WHA WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT BRUV?"

"HOW DARE THOSE SULLAHS DO THAT...#¤%&/()"

Let's refrain from maligning the entire muslim community for this sole case. Although it is true that some "right wing" muslims are working on converting, this CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be said about the entire community. But when it comes to the extent of SHOOTING - very unique case.... which requires evidence. The fact that BBC has remained lull says a lot.

Let's wait for confirmed information before acting. ANy action should be diplomatic. Sodhi talks about unsheathing the sword. Come on! What has been done on the SIngh's side to stop bibis converting to Islam? Absolutly NOTHING. UK SInghs are atleast as responsible for being so irresponsible. Read every testimony where a Sikh bibi regrets for convert - they all start talking about the UK Singhs... aimi Unsheathing the Sword di gal kari jandey..

And a backlash on the muslim community (which I get the impression, some people on this fourm are hinting...) is NOT the solution.

bhull chukk maaf

So why have these facts not been cleared.....oh n yes i am inticing violence.....u'd think after a 'sikh' girl gets shot it would be time to unsheath the sword....or are the 'derby' lot still gonna sit there and go paji paji......

and on the basis of what have i done.....LOL.....

i aint done nothing......dnt have to do nothing.....i jus sit back and watch the tamasha.....but 'wen' there is a jang to be faught i can be found on the front line.....

Plus the only reason the sikhs are really angry at thie act is cuz the girl is the neice or summit of the pardhan of the gurdwara.

your an <banned word filter activated>, for branding derby sikhs as cowards.

on the front line of a computer screen? .......... labelling sikhs as cowards? is that your war?

if you knew so much about what had happened then why didnt you tell us yesterday? if you didnt know what had happened then you shud just wait till all facts have been cleared.

As much as I hate to be the one going against the majority, the question remains: WHAT EVIDENCE IS THERE?

People please. Until there's confirmed information about what has happened no point in running around saying -

"WHA WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT BRUV?"

"HOW DARE THOSE SULLAHS DO THAT...#¤%&/()"

Let's refrain from maligning the entire muslim community for this sole case. Although it is true that some "right wing" muslims are working on converting, this CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be said about the entire community. But when it comes to the extent of SHOOTING - very unique case.... which requires evidence. The fact that BBC has remained lull says a lot.

Let's wait for confirmed information before acting. ANy action should be diplomatic. Sodhi talks about unsheathing the sword. Come on! What has been done on the SIngh's side to stop bibis converting to Islam? Absolutly NOTHING. UK SInghs are atleast as responsible for being so irresponsible. Read every testimony where a Sikh bibi regrets for convert - they all start talking about the UK Singhs... aimi Unsheathing the Sword di gal kari jandey..

And a backlash on the muslim community (which I get the impression, some people on this fourm are hinting...) is NOT the solution.

bhull chukk maaf

im with you on this.............. when we get the facts and then we still dont do something thats when we will see the cowards from the singhs

it's kind of odd how we all jump on the wagon and try to solve something (and not even, we react with emotion than thought) that we don't have all the correct info on. And then we have our own problems with youth, drugs, comitees and gurdwara's, to which we have alot of info on.. and we don't really bother with that!

please, if we don't have at least the proper info, we should not get into a war over it.

We must wait untill this specific story has been put up ni full.

it's to soon to judge the situation at this time.

What has been done on the SIngh's side to stop bibis converting to Islam?

yeah what do singhs do on their side to stop this from happining.

but more importantly, what do sikh parents do to stop their children from dating before marrige, geting all stary- eyed, love struck and converting to the religion of their partner?

Not much, maybe a disownment or some backwards reaction like that.

How many sikh punjabi parents sit down with their children at a young age and teach them gurbani?

Does anyone think any of this crap you Hear ever would of happened if sikh youth where actualy taught sikhi? and not encouraged to follow backwards BS punjabi culture.

singhs not being able to do anything about their fellow sisters being wooed away? well how are singhs to know when the parents would probably put a lid on it all and not tell a single soul outside of family for fear of shame being braught upon them. same goes for muslim families when one of their kids does a runner. you hear this crap all the time.

it takes someone to be shot for the whole story to be unveiled.

True sikhs are a minority among their community.

"your an <banned word filter activated>, for branding derby sikhs as cowards.

on the front line of a computer screen? .......... labelling sikhs as cowards? is that your war?

if you knew so much about what had happened then why didnt you tell us yesterday? if you didnt know what had happened then you shud just wait till all facts have been cleared."

Lol mr parwindersingh...i may be a <banned word filter activated> but ur still a <mod edit>.....no amount of 'naam' is gonna stop that.....on the basis of the sikhs of derby being cowardice....almost every 'older sikh' in derby has there own agenda for not wanting to flare a racial war....most of them are either 'friends' or 'associated' is u get wa i mean.....

and about me not being on the front line.....i am pretty sure ya'l remember the besti play which happend it was well documented on SS....i was one fo the few which attempted to get the play shutdown....hell i was the one who kicked the fire door down for us to get through so dnt chat about stuff u have no knowledge about.....

also my post has been on for a while now.... i presume ur real good friends with the 'sikhs' of derby....i would have presumed something would have been said to me....

but never mind.