• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on Tapoban...

16,000 updates!! ohmy.gif

Author: Tarsem Singh

Date: 05-13-06 11:37

Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa! Vaheguru Jee Kee Fatheh!

There has been an update to the english translation on the SikhiToTheMAX website. There has been some criticism of the accuracy of some of the translations by Sant Singh. These were verified in Malaysia in comparison to Sahib Singh's translation along with others.

This has resulted in around 16,000 updates (roughly a quarter of the translation). Although a lot of the updates have been to the Mool Mantar translation and MangalChaarans, it still equates to around one fifth of the overall translations being translated.

There will be a further update to this thread in a few days (details on how to do a comparison of before and after etc).

Hopefully this moves us one step closer to some kind of unified and accepted translation. This in turn can be used as a base for other languages.

Thanks for your time and patience. I know it is about time but there you go. I am updating the desktop version and aim to release it some time in Satjug. Might clip the end of Kaljug if Guru jee is Dyaal enough.

Fateh jee...

moorakh

One note of contention however, apparently they have changed all the references to sant = saint into sant = Guru.

Since when can saadh jan (saint disciple) be inetrpreted as 'Guru.'

One note of contention however, apparently they have changed all the references to sant = saint into sant = Guru.

Since when can saadh jan (saint disciple) be inetrpreted as 'Guru.'

what a bull crap, these people think sri guru nanak dev nirankar in 10 forms had sant attributes... shame on sikhs these days.

In words of my vidya gurdev- baba jagjit singh ji harkhowale.

If Guru Nanak Dev Ji(in all 10 forms) was a mere sant, ask these morakhs who was nirankar in sargun form?

These over parnoid, insecure sikhs are very reason for panth fall. These guys think by misinterpretation of gurbani, calling Bapu(Guru)- Son(Sant) they can hide the parkash of guru maharaj ji and their ladlaie sants..more you they try to hide the truth..more searching there will be for the truth.

They got hidden agenda against sants and sant mandali, they use gurbani interpertation same as a pimp who uses prostitutes to fullfill their own gratifications.

There are 2 more versions of translations available worldwide for screening in Gurdwaras.

Although sangat in Uk use only 'Sikhi to the max' software, in Asia region, we use 2 other versions.

In fact, I've never seen any Gurdwara using 'Sikhi to the max' version in this region.

One of the other version is created by a Singaporean , Harminder Pal Singh.

This is the version that is widely used in Asia and accepted by the majority of the sangat.

The other version is created by someone in Malaysia/Australia.

This version has shabads referring to "santan" and "saadh jan" in Gurbani, re-translated as "The Guru." This version is widely supported by the Malaysian Sabha because it is their 'dridh' belief that there is NO SUCH THING as a Sant.

To each his own.!!!

Sangat jeeo, this is wrong. I was very very upset to read some of the new 'translations' like "Hum Santan Kee Rayn Pyare" was translated as something like "I am the dust of the Guru's Feet" - seriously it's wrong for us to completely CHANGE what Bani is saying.

Even if somebody believes that there is no such thing as "Sant", it is still absolute beadbi (in my humble moorakh eyes) to mis-translate and possibly mislead youth and others reading Sikhi to the Max (Simply put, Sant = Saint, Guru = Guru). Sikhi to the Max is used by SO many people, especially youth, and the sevadaars should not change such Arth especially if it is not correct.

Please sttm sevadaar jees do not let your personal feelings influence the Bani Arth, please.

Either way I believe that the sevadaars changed that one particular shabad back to the old translation, which I was really thankful for. My apologies if someone thinks I'm making a big deal out of this, but it hurt me a lot to see Bani being translated in a wrong way, this can't pass... It is different if you have several sianay Gursikhs that have thoroughly studied Gurbani for years (through Santhiya for example) breaking down the English translations for certain Shabads, but it seems inappropriate for us to take this roll on ourselves

my heartfelt apologies if i said anything hurtful