Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji To Be Taken To Hall

R4G

Come on Singhs.

Lets get together and show the power of Sikhi.

A revolution is occuring - the cause being to prevent the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji being

taken to halls.

Future generations will look back at this time and read how Singhs got together to prevent the beadbi

of our Guru. Just as we look back and admire the Singhs of the past.

---- The Singhs at the time of the Mughals who stood up against evil.

---- The Singhs who used to go out and rescue Sikh and Hindu women from the Muslims-

---- The Singhs who had their heads cut off for refusing to convert to Islam.

---- The Singhs of the Gurdwara reform movement of the 1920's.

---- The Singhs of 1978 Amritsar who confronted the Nirankaris and became shaheed.

---- The 1984 Singhs.

---- And many many other brave Singhs who stood up.

Coach leaves Smethwick Gurudwara 9:30am tomorrow.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the grace of Vaheguru, Singhs and Singhnia were successful in preventing

the beadbi of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Our Guru was placed in a suitcase and was about to be taken out of the car

and into the hall. After a stand off with the police the Singhs were able to remove the

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and take it to the local Gurudwara.

A big thank you to everyone who supported and continue to sport this campaign.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The Campaign will the issuing an official statement and pictures later today. As veerji said above, thank you to all the GurSikhs who travelled from around the UK to help with the sewa.

DHAN GURU DHAN GURU PYARAY! d_oh.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

PS. A humble request, pray.gif please can we stop referring to Guru Maharaj's Saroop as "it" and "SGGS". Thanks

the thing is all though a lot of sangat came, there was no where near as much as there should have been. this is Guru Sahib. the only important thing on this planet. lets treat Guru Sahib the way he should be and at any other place when any type of beadbi takes place by attending!! every sikh should be present, whether you amrit dari or not, we all still owe mahraaj everything. no matter what plans we have made for that day. there is nothing more important then stopping Guru Sahibs beadbi! just look how sick these things are getting, Guru Sahib in a suitcase!!! So to all sangat please take out the time to come to stop beadbi next time it is arranged to go down. there is so much beadbi happening, and it is our duty as well as our right to stop them!

forgive daas if said anything wrong or offended anyone.

Respect For Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign

Press Release

16th July 2006, Watford, Hertfordshire.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Over a period of 2 months members of the British Sikh Community have been in discussion with the a group of so-called “Sikh” individuals from Watford who hold monthly diwans (Sikh religious gathering) at the Multi Racial Community Centre Hall in Watford. After numerous meetings with the Community Centre, Hertfordshire Police & Commission for Racial Equality (Hertfordshire), a small faction of this group of individuals were still adamant to proceed with taking Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Sikh Holy Religious Scriptures revered as the embodiment of God) to the Community Centre.

As per the Hukumnama (Order) of Sri Akal Takht Sahib (Sikh Seat of Sovereignty in Punjab, India) Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji cannot be taken to environments where alcohol, meat and tobacco are served and consumed. These individuals refused to work towards having the diwan at Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Watford (local Sikh Temple) for the reasons that they wanted to run the Sikh Gurdwara in Watford but were not voted in as Committee members.

On 31 July 2006 over 80 Sikhs from around the United Kingdom gathered to peacefully protest at the Multi-Racial Community Centre, Watford and prevent the Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji from being taken into the complex.

After offering prayers at the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Watford, the Sangat (Sikh Congregation) proceeded towards the Multi-Racial Community Centre. The Sangat continued attempts to persuade the faction of the “Sikh” individuals at MRCC committee to adhere to Sikh Rehit Maryada (Sikh Code of Conduct) and re-arrange the diwan to the local Gurdwara.

Unknowingly to the Sikh Congregation who had gathered to peacefully protest, the Saroop (embodiment) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was in a metal suitcase placed on the front seat of a car that was parked on the road opposite the Community Centre. This was deeply offensive, deceitful and extremely distressing not to mention one of the most disrespectful acts that could be carried out in the Sikh faith, as Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is never transported in a suitcase as a mere “object” of the Sikh Religion. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the eternal Guru of the Sikhs.

Once the gathered Sikh congregation became aware of this extremely hurtful and upsetting act, the shocked congregation sat around the car reciting prayers for over an hour. In that time the culprits who had carried out one of the most insulting acts in the Sikh religion could not come out of the car.

Present at this protest was Hertfordshire Police and representatives of Commission of Racial Equality (Hertfordshire). They all gave in to the conviction of the gathered Sikh congregation and agreed to their demand that five Sikhs will take the Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to Watford Gurdwara and the diwan will not take place in the MMRC.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib was respectfully removed from the suitcase and re-clothed. Prayers were performed and the Sikh Congregation asked for forgiveness for any wrongdoing. The Saroop was respectfully taken to the Sachkhand (resting place for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) of Watford Gurdwara.

Further resolve was achieved when the “Sikh” individuals at MRCC committee verbally promised, in the presence of the Police & CRE representatives that this diwan, and therefore any other insulting act that would offend Sikhs, will never take place again in Watford. Also a young member representing this committee attended Watford Gurdwara after the incident and apologised for their behaviour and re-iterated that the diwan will never take place again. However, the resolve by Police & CRE intermediaries included a written statement promised from the individuals that diwan will not take place. The individuals must produce this documentation to give confidence that any disrespect towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and offence to the British Sikh community will not happen again.

The British Sikh Community will not allow individuals to exploit the Sikh Religion as a means of settling personal conflicts. Once again, the British Sikh Community has shown their love for their father Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The elders and youth who were present on the protest conducted themselves as true Khalsa and upheld the ideals of the Sikh Religion. With Guruji’s blessings the British Sikh Community continues to uphold respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

GurFateh!!

A very emotional day, Singhs and Singhnis had tears in their eyes when they saw Maharaj's Saroop in the suitcase. Passions ran high...I swear I didn't feel like there were 80 Sikhs protesting, it felt like there were thousands of Singhs and Singhnis there.

I felt blessed to be a part of this morcha and to be in the presence of chardi kala Gursikhs doing simran...I don't think I will ever forget this day....

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Piyaray

A very emotional day, Singhs and Singhnis had tears in their eyes when they saw Maharaj's Saroop in the suitcase. Passions ran high...I swear I didn't feel like there were 80 Sikhs protesting, it felt like there were thousands of Singhs and Singhnis there.

I felt blessed to be a part of this morcha and to be in the presence of chardi kala Gursikhs doing simran...I don't think I will ever forget this day....

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Piyaray

Waheguroo..... i've just come on the forum.i was at the protest yesterday and felt the same emotional rollercoaster u r chatting about. it felt like we were among something different yesterday. i didn't think the coppers were going to let us take Guruji from the masands, but with Guruji's kripa we took Guruji from there. i couldn't believe my eyes when the suitcase opened and Guruji was squashed in there with the chaur sahib and rumallas. no wonder singhs were crying.

questions in my head.who were the granthis. where did they run off to. they must be held accountable!