kirpan questions

Vahejeo

i am planning on taking amrit very soon and the only doubt that i have is wearing a kirpan, i believe that we should, but what if someone sees it or a cops sees it then what do you do? i live in the US and i am afraid that i could get into trouble. this doubt seems rediculous because it is Guru Ji's hukam, but im afraid that it may lead to trouble...i have never had any trouble with the law, i dont want to because i practice my faith, those singhs that live in US and wear kirpan how do you do it? what pointers would you give me? what is the first thing to do if you do get in trouble? need some reassurances....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Bhai Sahib ji, don't be much concerned about this. Mostly all over the US people have started accepting our Sri Sahibs. Most of the time a basic explanation is enough but if you really don't want to deal with any of this then you can just print out some articles about Sri Sahibs and keep them handy all the time. You will get used to wearing it and after sometime it's going to become a part of your body and it wont even seem like it's odd. Moreover if you always have your Sri Sahib secured all the time (you don't HAVE to wear it over your clothes) you wont get into any trouble. So basically just watch out for security cops and officers but since their job is to deal with stuff like this everyday, MOST of them will most probably already know that Sikhs have to wear Sri Sahibs.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

i don't see how that can be illegal?? I mean the U.S consideres the Kirpan no different than a Knife or a Blade (no disrespect). But the question is the lenght of the blade which varies state by state. Like i can carry a knife in Texas, but if its longer than a ceratain lenght it is considered a weapon.

If you can get a License for a Gun, why not a Kirpan. If the Area you live in does not allow Kirpans to be worn.

yeah, i think it actually is illegal unless otherwise legislated or unless otherwise stated that it is not... if it isn't, it's that much of an excuse for you to get up and make the Khalsa proud, and make it happen, and Get it Legislated... you could have a protest....your chant could be:

"I MEAN NO HARM, SO LEMME WEAR MY KIRPAN!"

"A KIRPAN IS NOT A KNIFE, BUT IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE!(if trained properly and person knows how to use it"

"I Love my Kirpaan, so let me keep it on!"

i would show up at this protest if you used those slogans...i'm quite proud of them..