Chandi Di Var

I recentley obtained a gutka of Chandi Di // from India and also an english translation off the internet. To the best of my knowledge it seems to be a story of how Shivas wife transforms into 2 goddesses a beautiful one and a grotesque one which fights the evil demons. Yet when a few older women and men in my family & community found out they were shocked ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

They warned me not to try to read this prayer as it can make people go mad wacko.gif , or get very and uncontrolably angry :D and many other things including Chandi manifesting herself and requiring a sacrifice etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please help me with this cuz Im confused, I must admit Ive put the older peoples reactions down to superstition but Id love to know where and how these stories came about

ANY IDEAS?

WJKK WJKF

i am also shocked after reading your view and experience, i herd that Guru Gobind Singh Ji did this path, is it true? I will have to ask people as i never really bothered about it, until now when i also saw some translation meanings, but what i heard may, as i think false, wold like to hear a proper view and evidence on this (if possible)

They're just stories/myths.

If you make it part of your nitnem, you must take this bani very seriously. From experiences I've noticed that it does bring alot of bir rus which can translate to anger and ego. It is a depiction of a war scene, where guru sahib shows how Durgaa demolishes the demons and gives a detailed description which puts alot of imagery in your mind that ultimately develops the russ inside of you. It explains the battle scene, describing blood and gore and skulls, I'm sure you can picture it already.

I've also heard and read that you MUST NOT read durgaa ki vaar, or chandi di vaar (there are many names) at night time or during sunset, it MUST be read in the morning.

There is a reason why guru sahib told us to read the punj bania in that order Japji Sahib, [Jaap, Tavprasaad,Chopai] and anand sahib because dasam bani does bring out the bir rus or warrior spirit inside of you, and the reason why we end with anand sahib is to bring one's mind/birthi in back in sehaj and anand to stay in that balance.

Chandi di vaar is powerful bani, everyone should try to make this bani part of their nitnem, but also be aware of its potential.

daas

Khalsa ji,

what bani isnt powerful? all of guru granth sahib ji is powerful... The nitnem we do in the morning shows the basics of sikhi and its philosphy! every part of guru granth sahib ji is important not jus a bit or piece.

first of all i would like to ask you a few questions... has anyone here fully understood the teachings and maning of our guru? Has anyone understood guru granth sahib ji? first understand guru granth sahib ji and then you will know the difference between right and wrong!

Fateh

Khalsa ji,

what bani isnt powerful? all of guru granth sahib ji is powerful... The nitnem we do in the morning shows the basics of sikhi and its philosphy! every part of guru granth sahib ji is important not jus a bit or piece.

first of all i would like to ask you a few questions... has anyone here fully understood the teachings and maning of our guru? Has anyone understood guru granth sahib ji? first understand guru granth sahib ji and then you will know the difference between right and wrong!

Fateh

d_oh.gif well said bhai saheb ji

sadh sangat ji baani paran da chaav jeh paida ho jaai ...tan har wela amritwela hai...warna mayray wargay moorakh amrit waylay we zehar ghol dinday hun

Hanjee Veerji I was thinking the same thing all bani is powerful as guru nanak sahib says its all 'khasam kee bani', gurbani is our core, we can't even begin to measure the power of guru sahib its like trying to measure the power of vaheguru, one must contemplate upon and apply the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee in their life, as the veer above mentioned about amritvela, amritvela sach nao vadeaee veechaar| one must do veechar of his greatness during amritvela. My point is that obviously all of bani is power, but certain shabads or bania from gutke have a specific effect on them, for example, if one reads Sukhmani Sahib or Jaap Sahib or Anand Sahib or Lavaan or bavunjaa akhree, several times during the day they will have a specific effect on your mind your rehat/rastaal, same goes for chandi dee vaar if one recites this bani it will also have an effect on your mind, that was pretty much my point.

daas

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear all!

Quote from Neva 4Get 84 Ji >>>They warned me not to try to read this prayer as it can make people go mad <<<

I have not come across any mad person who has read 'Chandi di Vaar'. I feel, many Demons fear Chandi and Her attacks and get angry. They are all happy for whom 'Chandi di Vaar' kills Demons.

Quote from Khãlsã Ji >>>They're just stories/myths. <<<

Everything is a story or myth until it becomes our experience.

Quote from Khãlsã Ji >>>I've also heard and read that you MUST NOT read durgaa ki vaar, or chandi di vaar (there are many names) at night time or during sunset, it MUST be read in the morning. <<<

Morning is not only the time fixed to exterminate Demons. The activation of Durga is enough. True Shabad through Gurprasaad alone begins Durga di Vaar.

Quote from Khãlsã Ji >>> . . .amritvela sach nao vadeaee veechaar| one must do veechar of his greatness during amritvela. <<<

In my view, Amritvela is sach nao vadeaee veechaar. Mritvela is when we forget sach nao and its vadeaee veechaar.

Love.

Balbir Singh

Bhaj trust me chandi di vaar is really powerful and that is why it is only read when going on a battle. There is this one story I don’t know properly but it goes something like this

There was a baba who read chadi di vaar at the wrong time of the day and this meant he had to keep reading for 24 hrs but he went to sleep and while he was sleeping all the shaheed Singh’s came and battered him and he was really bruised and battered. I don’t know what happened next.

Bhul chuk maaf karni

Gurfateh

Guest Narinder Singh

This sounds like a bunch of Brahmanwaad to me, bani is supposed to make us live in reality, live the truth, making up supernatural stories that are only told to scare people is a sign of duality. Sikhs are supposed to be beyond all this miracle and magic garbage that other faiths practice. As a friend once told me, the greatest miracle is living in Wahegurus hukam.

Demons??? What the hell, the demons are inside us, there isnt no external evil force stopping us from doing righteous deeds, its us.

Chandi Di Vaar is story and a mythical one, Guru Sahib gave it to us for inspiration and courage on the battlefield, not so we start worshipping Chandi (Durga)! Sikhs believe in **ONE** devine light, no if's and's and but's.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh