Mahatma Gandi A Hero?

Hello

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi has significance role in Indian Freedom fighting but his position in Indian freedom fighting was just exaggerated by dominated congress. He was opposed for his actions by Hindus more than Sikhs. This is the reason that Hindu Brahmin Godse killed him due to division he brought within Indian society http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godse

There is no doubt that Sikhs were not given as much recognition as they deserved but that's not just happened to Sikhs only. Most of the Hindu & Muslim and others communities who were not a member of non violence crew were ignored in society and history. This is the reason that after so many years of freedom of India Bhagat Singh & his mentor Chandrasekhar Azad were given some recognition but they were almost removed from the history of freedom of India.

Following great freedom fighters were ignored in Freedom history and more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subhash_Chandra_Bose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrasekhar_Azad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Prasad_Bismil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUE......But why do u guyz call him "mahatma"? he was not a mahatma he was a dusht atma.

Gandhi always wanted to be a part of indian independence but the <banned word filter activated> faced hindu baniya was useless not even capable of slapping anyone back so he started his so called satyagraha which was not Gandhi's thinking but was based on ideology Namdhari Baba Ram Singh. He always cashed on sikhs' shaheedis ... on one hand legends like Shaheed Bhagat Singh shook the british with their grit and determination and on ther hand gandhi sang his song of non violence.....remember how british had to succumb to bhagat singh's demands after a strike lasting 115 days, how udham singh's,kartar singh sarabha's,sukhdev's and rajguru's shaheedis affected britishers. Even british knew very well that sikhs were the key to freedom of india and that's why they put nankana sahib and darbar sahib gurdwaras under hindu mahants where corrupt hindu practices began to be followed like idol worshipping e.t.c and dohra was not allowed to be recited coz it contained "raj karega khalsa aaki rahe na koi" coz it instilled passion for self rule and clever british knew very well that it is the gurdwaras from where sikhs draw their courage. And what did gandhi say after Guru ka bag morcha "congratulations! the first battle for indian freedom has been won" why did he say so when it contained violence?

If Gandhi is the true hero why don't indians follow him practically? Why do they have an armed force with tanks,rifles and bombs...instead why not deploy gandhi's indian sons on borders and make them fight chinese and pakis with lathis and charkas? Why do so called "violent" sikhs comprise of 1/3rd of indian army?

Here are a few of Gandhi's and Nehru's promises:

"Let God be the witness of the bond that binds me and the Congress to you. Our Sikhs friends have no reason to fear that it would betray them. For, the moment it does so, the Congress would not only thereby seal its own doom but that of the country too. Moreover, the Sikhs are brave people. They know how to safeguard their rights, by the exercise of arms, with perfect justification before God and man, if it should ever come to that" (Young India 19 March 1931)

"No Constitution would be acceptable to the Congress which did not satisfy the sikhs." (Collected works of M K Gandhi Vol.58. p. 192)

"The brave Sikhs of Panjab are entitled to special consideration. I see nothing wrong in an area and a set up in the North wherein the Sikhs can also experience the glow of freedom. (Jawaharlal Nehru, Congress meeting: Calcutta - July, 1944)

Here's were the Nehru's comments after freedom:

After Independence Sikhs began facing racial slurs from leaders and the media. When Nehru was reminded about the promises he and Gandhi made to the Sikhs before Independence and all the broken promises since, he stated simple, "the circumstances have now changed."

"Kya main taqat dushman ke hath main de dun (How can I entrust powwer into the hands of the enemies)." (Jawaharlal Nehru, 1961)

"The Sikhs are lawless people and a menace to the law abiding Hindus... The Government should take strict measures against them." (Jawaharlal Nehru)

In a circular sent to all Deputy Commisioners in Panjab by the Home Minister Vallabhi Patel, there were instructions that Sikhs should be treated like a "criminal tribe." They were urged to be severe so that the Sikhs should wake up to the political realities and recognize "who are the masters and who are the slaves."

In 1956 all states in India were recognized on linguistic and cultural basis, however Panjab was the only state in India left out of this. In addition huge anti-Sikh propoganda compelled virtually all Panjabi speaking Hindus to deny Panjabi as their language and claim allegiance to Hindi, however, their knowledge of Hindi was non-existent.

Furthermore, Sikhs felt the wrath of Hindu nationalism nurtured by M.K. Gandhi. After his death fundamentalist cults and organisations such as RSS and Ayra Smaaj began anti-Sikh propaganda. Sikhs were humiliated throughout national media and literature. Ayra Smaaj and other fundamentalist Hindu organisations published literature, held events and conferences which degraded and insulted the Sikh Gurus. A great effort was made to disolve Sikhism into Hinduism.

In 1966 the Panjabi Suba Movement began, during peaceful agitations throughout the 50's and 60's over 250,000 Sikhs demonstrated peacefully and courted arrest to get their linguistic rights (this is 5times the number of Indians arrested by the British in the whole "Quit India Movement"). Darshan Singh Peruman was martyred whilst on hunger strike in prison. He demanded that Sikhs should be given more rights and more autonomy for Panjab. His martyrdom and noble sacrifice was ignored by the Government.

Two majority Panjabi speaking districts were left out of the 1961 census. The now already shrunken Panjab was further halved to form a Hindi speaking state Haryana in 1966. Furthermore, the small remmant of Panjab was still denied the status of a Panjabi speaking state. Some of the prosperous Panjabi speaking areas including the capital Chandigarh were left out and given to Haryana. This was a direct violation of the Indian Constitution and pre-independence promises. Panjab remains the only state in India to have a shared capital and no control over its natural resources, water and electricity.

SORRY GUYS FOR DRIFTING AWAY FROM THE TOPIC

BUT GANDHI'S A TRAITOR FOR SIKHS...HE'S ALWAYS TAKEN CREDIT OF SHAHEED SINGHS

post-5436-1154571300.jpg

post-5436-1154571921.jpg

Babbar Khalistani

Are you opposing non-violence or supporting it? Because Bhagat Singh was following Marxist approach not Sikh approach if you are confused about it. Sikh only takes arms in hands when all other means have failed. Guru Arjun Dev Sahib Ji is great example of non-violence who set the example of Non-Violence. Guru Tegh Bhadhur Ji, Baba Banda Singh Bhadhur, Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Sati Das, Bhai Dyala Ji, Bhai Taru Ji all are great examples of Sikh Non-violence approach and they have done it in front of the cruelest Moghuls regime.

Yes Sikhs were not given recognition as per their contributions but it will be naïve to assume that they were the only ones in India. Here is something positive http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=2382 ...

Mahatma was a devious snake.

it annoys me to the max when people (particularly whites and hindus) get shocked when i say "mahatma ghandi was an evil little troll, he was a glory finder..." :D

im gonna be a bit of a subject changer here.... LOL.gif

.....There was this british directed film made YEARSSSSSS ago baised in the mid to late 1800's in Punjab and india. Cant remember what it was called. They basically portrayed Maharaja Ranjit Singh as a fat belly king ruler, who was a coward, coverd in pearls and jewels.

they showed him trying to duck for cover like a sissy moments before getting sworded by muslims. :@

They then showed his son Maharaja Dileep Singh as a young boy around 9 years old, being taken into care by the british royal whites and all he seemed to care about was a feminine musical box :@

They never actually said in the film that these characters were supposed to be Maharaja Ranjit and Dileep Singh but it was BLAITANTLY obvious they were. i was sooooooooooooooooo annoyed to the maximum that they were portrayed as silly hearted turban wearing, jewel obsessed cowards. :lol:

any of you guys know the film im talking about?

let me know your views please. what do u think of the father of the nation Mahathma gandhi lol. was he a martyr or not?

was he anti sikh or not?

Anti Sikh as i've sad before! He said the Khalsa should cut hair and fall under hinduism as we are hindus! - He said if the indians turned their backs on the Sikhs they had the right as instructed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraaj to draw the Kirpan!! - India betrayed ALL the Sikhs and they shall reap what they sow!

They called Mahathma gandhi father of the nation.

They called Indra gandhi mother of the nation.

EEEE incest !!!! (heard bhai balbir singh ji;s trak? lol)

let me know your views please. what do u think of the father of the nation Mahathma gandhi lol. was he a martyr or not?

was he anti sikh or not?

Anti Sikh as i've sad before! He said the Khalsa should cut hair and fall under hinduism as we are hindus! - He said if the indians turned their backs on the Sikhs they had the right as instructed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraaj to draw the Kirpan!! - India betrayed ALL the Sikhs and they shall reap what they sow!

A mahapurash said that Gandhi was GANGU in his previous life

Yes yes the one who betrayed Chotte Sahibzaade and Mata Gujri by grassing them up to Aurangzeb.

Gandhi got the name Mohatma because he had served Guru ji's household in his last life..

..but since he betrayed them.. he had to suffer for it.

Explains a lot grin.gif

Babbar Khalistani

Are you opposing non-violence or supporting it? Because Bhagat Singh was following Marxist approach not Sikh approach if you are confused about it. Sikh only takes arms in hands when all other means have failed. Guru Arjun Dev Sahib Ji is great example of non-violence who set the example of Non-Violence. Guru Tegh Bhadhur Ji, Baba Banda Singh Bhadhur, Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Sati Das, Bhai Dyala Ji, Bhai Taru Ji all are great examples of Sikh Non-violence approach and they have done it in front of the cruelest Moghuls regime.

Yes Sikhs were not given recognition as per their contributions but it will be naïve to assume that they were the only ones in India. Here is something positive http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=2382 ...

I know very well that Bhagat Singh's approach was marxist but at the same time he didn't do anything anti sikh or al qaeda style by killing innocent people . How carefully he planted the bomb in central assembly at delhi so that no one get's injured it was carefully laid plot not to kill or hurt anyone but to send a meggege to govt that modes of supperesion can no longer be tolerated. And didn't he fight for freedom of entire india like our ancestors instead of only for sikhs,or any particular community or state.

As for Nehru's letter to S.Kharak Singh...that was in 1923...at the high time when sikhs were attaining shaheedis....and nehru was pleased coz it was happening for independence of hindustan what that matters is was nehru the same man after india got independence

and athe answer is a big NO. He instead called sikhs as his dushman(enemies) and voilent whereas he labelled hindus as law abiding as i have posted the quotes in my previous post and when reminded of his promises he simply said "the times have now changed".

Guest peacemaker

GurFateh jio

PLEEEEEESE DONT CALL HIM "MAHATMA"

mahatma=great

he was NOT great.

Mahatma wasnt his name...

that was his title....

his name is something else..... :D

peace...

GurFateh.

I'll call Gandhi whatever I feel like. If I want to call him MA-HAT-MA I will or if I want to call him baldy I will, too.