Rehit?

Guest (no name)

How are my points contradictory?

Get out of your house and go talk to some Brahmans in India and ask them if they eat out of Sarbloh or not. If you are in Canada, come to my University and I will introduce you to one who doesn't eat out of sarabloh.

Mannu Simarties aren't the only simarties, there are many simarties. This simartie is called Attar Suhinta.

There are countless Vaishnav mutts and these mutts have also changed their philosophy. Therefore, you can't tell which ones are following their purantan maryada or not. Howeer, if you go fishing for some in india, you will probably find those who only eat out of sarabloh. Then how are the points contradictory? If you can't understand because the inside is overtaken by Anger issues then what can I do?

Who was Bhai Randhir Singh? Just a Sikh who failed to follow the Hukam of Panth which even Guru Gobind Singh Ji followed. By promoting everything that Bhai randhir Singh did, you guys are the ones who make people like kala afgana or others to attack Bhai Randhir Singh. Then you guys complain why he did that? If you people just followed Guru Granth and Guru Panth, there would be no problems.

Bhai Randhir Singh was just a human like me and you, not Guru. He followed his own maryada. By following Bhai Randhir Singh Maryada, you accept Bhai Randhir Singh as you Guru and stab in the back of the Khalsa Panth.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

International Akali, and S Singh:

Please stop fighting and/or arguing guys. It really is not worth it. We all, not matter whose "marayda" we follow are SINGHS of Guru Gobind Singh. I would request all to be united, PLEASE.

Just like Slick Sikh has said, the BASICS of all the maryadas are same. Not to preform a kurehit, no meat, no alcohol, read bani, wear 5 KAKKARS at all times, etc. Just because the maryadas have "extras" does not mean one is better than the other. All have the same esence.

Let's all unite under Dharam Raj! :nihungsmile:

AKAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Guest Narinder Singh

Man, Sikhs fighting Sikhs, u guys are true soorme and we hope others wanting to take the path of Gurmat (for example the person who started the thread) will follow your ways.

Why dont u "gurdwareh soorme" do something about the real culprits who are hell bent on destroying all of your maryadas? I guess bashing on Sikhs who choose a slightly different way of doing things is the easier way.

Jeh Sikh Sikh nu na mareh, tahn eh kaum kadeh na hareh...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Khalsa Fauj,

Your posts lack coherence. Others have pointed that out before though.

YOU pointed towards the Mannu Simriti. It was a lark. Now you've named some Attar Suhinta. That's fine. Give me a reference. Verse, Chapter, etc.

I've spoken to a Brahmin I know at school and he said he's never heard of any restriction like this. He said the only restriction he knows of is that Rishis only eat in utensils made of leaves. He immigrated here a few years ago so I assume he'd know about Indian traditions.

Your whole argument is based on Kanh Singh Nabha saying Sarbloh is based on Vaishnav Mat but even HE couldn't give any example or explain in detail. The fact is, this doesn't happen. Face facts.

Bhai Daya Singh rehitnama and other sources all point to sarbloh as a rehit.

If you can't accept that or give me PROOF or REFERENCES then maybe it's time to stop bringing up the issue.

When you have something to contribute, add it to the old Sarbloh thread that was going. I'll debate you any time. In person or online.

Is rehatnama legitimate? If someone could add stuff like jit durr lukh mohamdaa to Guru Granth Sahib, what is a rehatnama? Randhir Singh's argument was based on rehatnama. Like I said, I will scan the reference. Attar Suhiinta is part of simarties. Mannu Simarties aren't the only ones. Also the fact is that Khalsa isn't a karam kaandee dharam.

Is rehatnama legitimate? If someone could add stuff like jit durr lukh mohamdaa to Guru Granth Sahib, what is a rehatnama? Randhir Singh's argument was based on rehatnama. Like I said, I will scan the reference. Attar Suhiinta is part of simarties. Mannu Simarties aren't the only ones. Also the fact is that Khalsa isn't a karam kaandee dharam.

Ok, please do scan the appropriate reference. Let's be clear, YOU said the ban on sarbloh is in the Mannu Simriti. I showed you that there is NO such ban and in fact it mentions sarbloh as a potential utensil material.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh's argument (I love how some no-name kid from Ryerson has the audacity to refer to him without even "Bhai" despite the fact he was honoured by all 4 Takhats at the time) was based on Khalsa tradition that is preserved in many jathebandis and every single amrit sinchaar maryada.

Khalsa isn't karam kaandee but if we go by your definition, even kakaars are karam kaand.

How are my points contradictory?

Get out of your house and go talk to some Brahmans in India and ask them if they eat out of Sarbloh or not. If you are in Canada, come to my University and I will introduce you to one who doesn't eat out of sarabloh.

Mannu Simarties aren't the only simarties, there are many simarties. This simartie is called Attar Suhinta.

There are countless Vaishnav mutts and these mutts have also changed their philosophy. Therefore, you can't tell which ones are following their purantan maryada or not. Howeer, if you go fishing for some in india, you will probably find those who only eat out of sarabloh. Then how are the points contradictory? If you can't understand because the inside is overtaken by Anger issues then what can I do?

Who was Bhai Randhir Singh? Just a Sikh who failed to follow the Hukam of Panth which even Guru Gobind Singh Ji followed. By promoting everything that Bhai randhir Singh did, you guys are the ones who make people like kala afgana or others to attack Bhai Randhir Singh. Then you guys complain why he did that? If you people just followed Guru Granth and Guru Panth, there would be no problems.

Bhai Randhir Singh was just a human like me and you, not Guru. He followed his own maryada. By following Bhai Randhir Singh Maryada, you accept Bhai Randhir Singh as you Guru and stab in the back of the Khalsa Panth.

Bhai sahib, I feel very hurt by what you have said. It has really broken my heart to see gursikhs talk about gurisikhs in a bad way.

Bhai randheer singh or Baba Harnaam singh or any one else who has done so much for the panth and so much for us, yet we ignore that and bring them down to our level.

Never can it be that bhai randheer singh was a normal Sikh like you and me. Bhai sahib as said in his books saw god face to face, had darshan of the gurus and was very chardikala. We can from here say that he was bramgyani, because that person has got divine knowledge from akal purkh, bhai randheer singh was also blessed with god qualities. In sukhmani sahib it says Bramgyani aap permeshur this is how high the gurus respect such a gursikh, even the guru asks for the dhoor (dust) of such gursikhs. It does not make them the guru.

Its not bhai sahibs mariyada it’s Guru Sahibs Rehit. By following it we are not following Bhai Randheer Singh we are only doing what the guru sahib wants us to do, Bhai randheer singh did things through gurmat only. Meaning Gurus Mat, so how can that be called Bhai Randheer Singhs Mat, it does not make any sense, sorry to say.

Kala afhgana and supports are in there hankar and such people I don’t have time for, but you said they attack Bhai Randheer singh, to be honest they have no reference or any knowledge on GurBani as you saw for yourself. When the Tapoban singhs had a debate with one of Kala Afgans supporters he lost all debates, from here we can see that these so called Sikhs are ignorant.

Bhai randheer singh never followed his own maryada but did everything through Gurmat, Bhai sahib I humbly ask you to read bhai sahibs books to get a clear picture, the book I recommend is Gurmat Bibek.

Sorry for my mistakes but I think you are a bit confused on some points just like I am with my whole Sikhi, but please do ardaas for me and the panth.

Thank you!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fathe!