Sikh Boy Has Hair Cut By Attackers!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor boy that would really knock the confidence out of him no.gif , whenever i go out during the dark in Manchester i take a swiss army knife, 2 karas (one is really sharp other is fat) and a thin sharp chakram that fits around the wrist lolz better to be over protected than under protected :TH:

A 15-year-old Sikh boy had his hair cut during an unprovoked and racist assault in an Edinburgh park, police said.

The incident happened at about 1930 GMT in Pilrig Park on Tuesday.

Lothian and Borders Police said the victim was subjected to verbal racial abuse by four young white males and then punched and kicked to the ground.

The boy's headwear came off and the youths cut his hair, an act deeply offensive to Sikhs because of the religious importance of their hair.

The gang ran off across the park, exiting into Pilrig Street and heading in the direction of Leith Walk.

Rab Singh, vice-president of the Sikh Gurdwara in Edinburgh, said: "We are not allowed to get our hair cut.

"So for someone to cut a Sikh person's hair off is very serious.

"For what purpose it has been done, we won't be able to tell until we find the perpetrators."

He said the victim's family are "obviously upset" about the attack.

'Positive outcome'

"When the youths took the knife out, they could have done anything to him," he said.

"He just closed his eyes and hoped that his attackers wouldn't do anything."

Chief Inspector Keith Chamberlain said: "The manner of this crime, where and how it has happened and the legacy that will be left from it is exceptional.

"I want to reassure all members of the community, and the Sikh community in particular, that I'm confident we'll have a positive outcome."

Police have said those responsible for the attack were aged about 16 and descriptions of each of the four suspects have been released:

The first was 5ft 10in tall. He had brown eyes and was wearing dark Adidas tracksuit bottoms, a dark coloured thick hoodie and a dark coloured beanie hat, possibly Adidas

The second had a gold hoop ear piercing on his right ear. He was wearing a black Helly Hansen jacket and a dark coloured beanie hat

The third suspect was was wearing dark clothing

The fourth had blue eyes, a long sharp nose and facial hair. He was wearing a dark coloured Adidas tracksuit and a white beanie hat

Witnesses to the incident have been asked to call Gayfield Square Police Station on 0131 620 5125

hmmm thats sad news but I think we should think about previous cases where Sikh youths from different countries made up these stories because of personal circumstances and wanted to cut kesh but had no other way of doing it.

Lets see what comes of this case.. and hope for the boys sake its not another case of self-inflicted wound.

Poor boy that would really knock the confidence out of him no.gif , whenever i go out during the dark in Manchester i take a swiss army knife, 2 karas (one is really sharp other is fat) and a thin sharp chakram that fits around the wrist lolz better to be over protected than under protected :TH:

vJKK VJKF!!!

im so angry after reading this...............all i can say is that we need to be armed. most of the time you wont get attacked by these idiots if you just show them your armed, but if you put your head down and walk away then they will come after you. i know this veer was 15 so its hard, but everyone shud be careful and try not to go out alone, and keep something with you. if he had a swiss knife n managed to stab one of them then they coiuld catch em................chances are unless they come forward they probs wont be caught.....

i think there should be a demo , if someones arranging it then let me know too...........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinbu...ast/6149594.stm

The news report video, is now available to view. Click on teh link the video is in the top right corner.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinbu...ast/6149594.stm

The news report video, is now available to view. Click on teh link the video is in the top right corner.

shocking

and very sad ,

there is no excuse for this type of attack , it is cowardly., and plainly wrong.

there is a lot of tension in scotland after the torture and murder of the 15 year old scotish lad kriss.

i would guess that these bullies would have thought that this young sikh was a muslim.

i would guess that these bullies would have thought that this young sikh was a muslim.
even if they did, still no excuse to beat up and humiliate anyone like that.

how would they feel if every white person got labelled terrorist after that white guy bombed something a few yrs back. damn, i think i'm getting old :D cant remember grin.gif