Nihang Singhs

Jasy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have a question about nihang singhs... i have always admired them for their devotion to god but recently someone told me that Akal Thakat has declared that nihang singhs are not part of sikhi, is that true ?? :lol: i am really confused and dont know what to think. Could you please help ? :D

Bhool Chukh Maaf

To answer the question, Nihungs have not been declared as non-Sikhs.

However, there are corrupt Nihungs (just like any other Sikh group or Sant/Math Jatha followers i.e. AKJ, GNNSJ, DT etc etc).

These fellows represent the core principles of Sikhism.

1) They follow the martial code. Hey are always armed.

2) They maintain and keep their bodies and mind in top physical condition.

3) In 1984, nearly an the Nihungs were wiped out (who were the the Golden Temple complex), fighting alongside Sant Bhindranwala in defence of the Golden temple

4) They believe in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, The Dasam Granth and the Sarbloh Granth. The latter two used to be kept in Sikh temples alongside the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, however they were deemed as being too inciteful of martial behaviour and therefore removed from Gurudwara's by the British.

5) They don't "Wrangle over flesh" unlike many modern day Sant Jatha's (GNSSJ, AKJ, DT etc), and therefore represent Sikhism in its essence.

6) The Bhang thing started off as a thing that related to giving of small quatities before battle (like a medicine), however some corrupt people have taken this practice the wrong way and turned it into some sort of session.

7) Akali Phoola Singh is the most famous of the Nihungs and punished Maharaja Ranjit Singh by whipping him publicly for having and affair with a Muslim women.

They have more positive traits than negative....but like I said there are corrupt elements to them, like all Sikh organisations.

False!!

they didnt do jack all in defending Harmandir Sahib!! insted Santa su rebuilt the Takht with goverment blood many!!

bhajji check this out there were 3 shaheed nihang singhs also

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=19042

Guest Dancing Warrior

dnt 4get da niddar singh massive da fake nihnags who brainwash youths and idol worship shiva and other hindu gods an diss shaheeds of 84

Rubbish, i know Nihang Niddar Singh and what you say is a lie.

I have a question about nihang singhs... i have always admired them for their devotion to god but recently someone told me that Akal Thakat has declared that nihang singhs are not part of sikhi, is that true ?? :lol: i am really confused and dont know what to think. Could you please help ? :D

Bhool Chukh Maaf

To answer the question, Nihungs have not been declared as non-Sikhs.

However, there are corrupt Nihungs (just like any other Sikh group or Sant/Math Jatha followers i.e. AKJ, GNNSJ, DT etc etc).

These fellows represent the core principles of Sikhism.

1) They follow the martial code. Hey are always armed.

2) They maintain and keep their bodies and mind in top physical condition.

3) In 1984, nearly an the Nihungs were wiped out (who were the the Golden Temple complex), fighting alongside Sant Bhindranwala in defence of the Golden temple

4) They believe in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, The Dasam Granth and the Sarbloh Granth. The latter two used to be kept in Sikh temples alongside the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, however they were deemed as being too inciteful of martial behaviour and therefore removed from Gurudwara's by the British.

5) They don't "Wrangle over flesh" unlike many modern day Sant Jatha's (GNSSJ, AKJ, DT etc), and therefore represent Sikhism in its essence.

6) The Bhang thing started off as a thing that related to giving of small quatities before battle (like a medicine), however some corrupt people have taken this practice the wrong way and turned it into some sort of session.

7) Akali Phoola Singh is the most famous of the Nihungs and punished Maharaja Ranjit Singh by whipping him publicly for having and affair with a Muslim women.

They have more positive traits than negative....but like I said there are corrupt elements to them, like all Sikh organisations.

False!!

they didnt do jack all in defending Harmandir Sahib!! insted Santa su rebuilt the Takht with goverment blood many!!

Dear friend,

I was 14 when the 1984 attack happened and I remember my parents trying to ring my cousins up in Punjab.....there was a blackout at that time and phone lines were cut.

I spoke to my Uncle a year later and who was also 14 and he had told me how a group of his Nihung friends had been wiped out when the 1984 attack took place. I can try and find out the names if you wish.

He also talked about how the Nihungs had stood side by side with Sant Bhindranwala to prevent the Indian Soldiers entering.........what enrage the Nihungs the most was the Soldiers wearing shoes in the complex.

So get your fact right young man before making such comments.