Going To Punjab In 1 Week After 20 Years

LifeIsBeautiful

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I have noted everything down...

I am going to hopefully going all over Punjab, I was sort of wondering

should I carry a small knife just in case I get attacked.

I was reading the survey on drugged youth in Punjab, and it just alarmed me.

Also, if there are any SS members in Punjab, just give me a PM, I'll mainly be in Ludhiana.

WJKK WJKF

Does anyone know any good restaurants that are safe to eat as well? Also, should I bring bottled water from Canada to Punjab?

you really shouldnt worry, i think you got more chance of gettin attacked in the uk than in india with all the stabbings etc. just dont go walking in the dark if your worried, and be with people all the time. but all sikhs should be armed and ready for combat..............so yea you could do. but u dont need to lol

i went in the summer but it was so hot all the mosquitos must have died cos it wasnt that bad although when you sleep at nite make sure u put the cream on the naked parts of ur body, like feet, hands , neck etc and if u really wana be safe wrap urself in a bed sheet. lol thats what i did even though it was absolutely boiling blush.gif

take ur time when going to places and apreciate its value, sometimes when u hire drivers or even relatives to take you around they rush you around the whole of punjab in 2 weeks and then u just cant take it in and probs feel exhausted, treat it like a holiday and visit two or maybe 3 places a day if they are close. people in india probs get sick of doing the same tours over n over so they just race around lol

its best not to get into a driving seat cos its not like the way we drive here.

dont worry too much about wat u have and havent packd alot of stuf u can get over ther, i packed my mp3 player n cds n stuf cos i thought id listen to em, but because ur always on the move n thers always something going on that thers no time for it , if ur in india n getting bored thers something going wrong lol ...........

try to apreciate the country and apreciate the face that you have so much taken for granted in the uk that the average person in india.

dont worry if people are staring at you ALL THE TIME, cos indian people tend to do that, whether you driving past them or walking past they will stare you out till you reach the horizon, thats normal dont take offence or have a staring competition.

ull have a great time, thers no place better to go.

Guest s133k_s1kh
how about visa?

should you drink botteled water only????

I would suggest boil the water for drinking. Even the botteled(mineral) water has been questioned at times.

I guess these creditcards work only at big stores.

Jeez, shouldn't you have gone ny now??? Mina taan hathe nang giya swal puchda :lol:

I went 3 years ago, in August. spen a month there. - Drank boiled water but ate a mixture of food, both inside and outside. - I love gol gappe mmm, had plenty of them. plus veggie burgers. Exchanged the currency at the bank.Good luck mate

Drank lots of Limka mmmm

stay a few nights at darbar sahib. if your amrit dari, go for the ishanaan seva at 12 midnight. jus have full kesi ishanaan, wear banaa, and go inside golden temple. the singhs der will tell u d rest. seriously, do not miss this oppertunity if your going. and go pooran ji amrit vela!!

Does anyone know any good restaurants that are safe to eat as well? Also, should I bring bottled water from Canada to Punjab?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

You should go to the floating restaurant its sumwhere in sirhind ... for ludhiana u could go to the Country Inn .. and you could go to Hot Millions ... really good food and if you go to Pizza Hut dont be shocked if the waiters start dancing on backstreet boyz songs ... happenned to me evrytime i went there .... dont kno anythin else ... sorry

Bhul Chuck Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

As a thumb rule:

Do not buy 'bottled water' from small vendors. If you are compelled to patronise small shops/vendors then just buy Pepsi/coke/7up etc. As for other liquids the Tropicana orange juice in India tastes just like the one available in US/Canada etc. But in India Tropicana also sells 'Grape Juice' (Black grapes) which is absolutely delicious. Sometimes they go out of season, but you will love it esp if you come from North America because its a new thing. Then Tropicana also has a variety of mixed fruit juices that taste equally nice. I prefer the Orange/Grape & pineapple/orange mixed fruit varieties !

If you are buying bottled water from a department store or a reliable shop (ask you relatives about those) then try to buy a carton of 1lt water so that supplies last you for a longer time.

Then there are also these 2 ltr Brita portable water purifiers that are available at Sears/Canadian Tire/Walmart/any hardware shops that can do a good job of purifying tap water if no other immidiate option is available. It costs around $32 /including taxes +xtra for additional filters. It is quite compact ... only size of a shoe box..keep one with you in case of any eventuality or sleeping over in any remote areas.