Guru Granth Sahib

`KuMi´

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my understanding and experience is that wen a sikh enters into the game,or ,zone of love with GURU and GOD,he is guided in Sikhi through a highly interactive relationship which involves an ever increasing dependence on every single word and sentence of SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB,end of the matter .

Sikhi is about the remodelling and refashioning of the 'surat ,mat ,man ,budh'(as per according to japji sahib),of a sikh so that his consciousness broadens from the narrow confines of dharam khand ,to the broader gian khand vision,and onwards to the realms of saram khand ,karam khand and finally abiding in sachkhand .Only a complete obedience to every word and sentence of GURU GRANTH SAHIB can make this journey of consciousness out of the matrix,into sachkhand possible .Our sharda ,pyaar ,ishk ,prem ,and bherosa in GURUJI has to be cultivated ,and nourished ,and realised in this context . Rituals may give us psychological satisfaction ,but ,whether done mindlessly or mindfully ,amount to nothing ,in the light of the crux of the matter .

In the earlier part of my own life ,you bet ,i ve indulged in countless rituals in relation to SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE,but if i can be honest they really led me no where. But a point came in my life ,when through GURUJEE'S kirpa ,i felt GURUJEE taking off HIS gloves and saying to me ''listen ,stop messing about with me through this sweet little rituals ,and stop looking for me to appear in flesh and blood before you through GURU GRANTH SAHIB,as if, thats what the aim of sikhi is about .and start zooming your mind into the shabad of GURU GRANTH SAHIB ,as if it was a matter of life and death,if you want play this game with me '''. suddenly with that ,all the pieces of the jigsaw were together,and now ,there is no turning back .

we should rather worry about our perspectives ,our attitudes ,our behaviour ,our preferences ,our choices ,our wisdom ,our ideas ,and the way our mind ticks , being in conformity with the teachings of GURU GRANTH SAHIB .because if we can do that ,we can win our mind ,and if we can win our mind ,sikhi has a chance in this world . too many of us are stuck in our little rituals ,and physical respect stuff,and yet we lead ineffective ,mabe self destructive lives because we dont channel our resources and energies to treat SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB as our GURU who wants to give us shishya .,and transform us into the mightiest angels in the cosmos,the very hope of humanity ,and the future of mankind and the universe .

my understanding and experience is that wen a sikh enters into the game,or ,zone of love with GURU and GOD,he is guided in Sikhi through a highly interactive relationship which involves an ever increasing dependence on every single word and sentence of SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB,end of the matter .

Sikhi is about the remodelling and refashioning of the 'surat ,mat ,man ,budh'(as per according to japji sahib),of a sikh so that his consciousness broadens from the narrow confines of dharam khand ,to the broader gian khand vision,and onwards to the realms of saram khand ,karam khand and finally abiding in sachkhand .Only a complete obedience to every word and sentence of GURU GRANTH SAHIB can make this journey of consciousness out of the matrix,into sachkhand possible .Our sharda ,pyaar ,ishk ,prem ,and bherosa in GURUJI has to be cultivated ,and nourished ,and realised in this context . Rituals may give us psychological satisfaction ,but ,whether done mindlessly or mindfully ,amount to nothing ,in the light of the crux of the matter .

In the earlier part of my own life ,you bet ,i ve indulged in countless rituals in relation to SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE,but if i can be honest they really led me no where. But a point came in my life ,when through GURUJEE'S kirpa ,i felt GURUJEE taking off HIS gloves and saying to me ''listen ,stop messing about with me through this sweet little rituals ,and stop looking for me to appear in flesh and blood before you through GURU GRANTH SAHIB,as if, thats what the aim of sikhi is about .and start zooming your mind into the shabad of GURU GRANTH SAHIB ,as if it was a matter of life and death,if you want play this game with me '''. suddenly with that ,all the pieces of the jigsaw were together,and now ,there is no turning back .

we should rather worry about our perspectives ,our attitudes ,our behaviour ,our preferences ,our choices ,our wisdom ,our ideas ,and the way our mind ticks , being in conformity with the teachings of GURU GRANTH SAHIB .because if we can do that ,we can win our mind ,and if we can win our mind ,sikhi has a chance in this world . too many of us are stuck in our little rituals ,and physical respect stuff,and yet we lead ineffective ,mabe self destructive lives because we dont channel our resources and energies to treat SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB as our GURU who wants to give us shishya .,and transform us into the mightiest angels in the cosmos,the very hope of humanity ,and the future of mankind and the universe .

Nice.

very good reply

that is why he is our guru it is because of his shabad but not his body

Like holy fragrant incense,a Voice arises from the pages,words and sentences of SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE.This is the voice of the primal GURU ,the eternal GURU .Enfolded within the wings of this voice ,fly also ,God's love ,peace ,joy ,and power . And this Voice flies straight into the inner recesses of the human soul to transform it into the enlightened consciousness of a gurmukh ,encountering absolutely no resistance but only total surrender of everything in its path ,as it flies like a mythical albatross into the gurmukh's soul .

And this Voice is Gurbani,the anhad shabad ,the thundering roar ,the sweet life giving melody ,flowing poetically ,melting everything in its path as it leaves a thick trail of Naam vapour,in its journey into the soul .this Voice creates luomonisity ,and a heavenly glow as it begins to slow manifest ,and fill the soul of the gurmukh .

And as GURU NANAK DEV JEE says in Japji Sahib ,this voice in its single utterance ,creates the 'pesao',the cosmic expanse,awash with countless liquid flows . From this Voice ,drip ,drip ,drip ,or drizzzle ,drizzle ,drizzle ,or shower ,shower ,shower ,endless clouds of living giving ,ecstasy producing Amrit nectar arise ,and as they rain down into the soul of the gurmukh ,the gurmukh's entire being gets totally soaked ,in this most magical ,mystical ,rare ,and precious amrit essence .and the gurmukh becomes truly alive and awake .

And thus ,is the sikh ,the gurmukh in total awe ,in total surrender ,in total love ,in total devotion to SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB . like a thirsty babiha or chatrik ,the gurmukh awaits for every word of GURBANI ,to drop into his soul to satiate his near death state of thirst . and like a moth ,and bumblebee ,the gurmukh's hovers around crazily in utter excitement around every word of GURBANI. and the gurmukh's consciousness rests so still on every word of GURBANI ,like a yogi sitting for a trillion years in equipoise.

And as GURBANI says ,this is like the eternal romance between the swan ,and ,water .because in this water are pearls that the swan lives for . this is the sassi -pannu,heer-ranjha,laila -majnu, ashki and dosti ,which lasts to the end ,after the end . and hence ,SHREE GURU GOBIND SINGH MAHARAJ,declared SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB ,as our ETERNAL GURU .

Like holy fragrant incense,a Voice arises from the pages,words and sentences of SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE.This is the voice of the primal GURU ,the eternal GURU .Enfolded within the wings of this voice ,fly also ,God's love ,peace ,joy ,and power . And this Voice flies straight into the inner recesses of the human soul to transform it into the enlightened consciousness of a gurmukh ,encountering absolutely no resistance but only total surrender of everything in its path ,as it flies like a mythical albatross into the gurmukh's soul .

And this Voice is Gurbani,the anhad shabad ,the thundering roar ,the sweet life giving melody ,flowing poetically ,melting everything in its path as it leaves a thick trail of Naam vapour,in its journey into the soul .this Voice creates luomonisity ,and a heavenly glow as it begins to slow manifest ,and fill the soul of the gurmukh .

And as GURU NANAK DEV JEE says in Japji Sahib ,this voice in its single utterance ,creates the 'pesao',the cosmic expanse,awash with countless liquid flows . From this Voice ,drip ,drip ,drip ,or drizzzle ,drizzle ,drizzle ,or shower ,shower ,shower ,endless clouds of living giving ,ecstasy producing Amrit nectar arise ,and as they rain down into the soul of the gurmukh ,the gurmukh's entire being gets totally soaked ,in this most magical ,mystical ,rare ,and precious amrit essence .and the gurmukh becomes truly alive and awake .

And thus ,is the sikh ,the gurmukh in total awe ,in total surrender ,in total love ,in total devotion to SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB . like a thirsty babiha or chatrik ,the gurmukh awaits for every word of GURBANI ,to drop into his soul to satiate his near death state of thirst . and like a moth ,and bumblebee ,the gurmukh's hovers around crazily in utter excitement around every word of GURBANI. and the gurmukh's consciousness rests so still on every word of GURBANI ,like a yogi sitting for a trillion years in equipoise.

And as GURBANI says ,this is like the eternal romance between the swan ,and ,water .because in this water are pearls that the swan lives for . this is the sassi -pannu,heer-ranjha,laila -majnu, ashki and dosti ,which lasts to the end ,after the end . and hence ,SHREE GURU GOBIND SINGH MAHARAJ,declared SHREE GURU GRANTH SAHIB ,as our ETERNAL GURU .

great reply, very poetic :TH:

you should post this up at gurdwaras...