Moving Out

Ramneet Singh

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sikhism is "about" doing whatever you want as long as you have good reasons. Don't confuse sikhi with "punjabi" or "indian". In my experience, anything that is "punjabi" is usually wrong.

So you can move out if you want, stay home if you want (and your parents let you). It doesn't matter. What is most important is to not sacrifice your sikhi.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sikhism is "about" doing whatever you want as long as you have good reasons. Don't confuse sikhi with "punjabi" or "indian". In my experience, anything that is "punjabi" is usually wrong.

So you can move out if you want, stay home if you want (and your parents let you). It doesn't matter. What is most important is to not sacrifice your sikhi.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

yea thats so true,

my own opinion is that we shud stick with the parents

^ LOLLLL.

Amen to that, brother. :D Seriously man, I don't think I could live without my parents man. All the sabjis I get to eat, no way I am leaving those. :D

lol LOL.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

Gurufateh!

I dont think my opinion would matter that much - me being a kuri and all - but i reakon all Veer Ji's should get married etc and stay with their parents - i mean i dont know but i think its really cool to have a BIG family...awww little bache running round lol

Stay with your mape!!! :TH:

Gurufateh!

y does it bother u.

so what if the man smoke marijuana,

its his msg im interested in not how fat his joints were.

u got ak47 in ur name ?

so now u gonna say well guns dont jus killing innocent ppl, well buddy marijuana doesnt make him a bad person either.

u stick with ur sikhi, ill stick with mine. does that sound like a gud plan?

Yes it's fine as long as you still remain in touch with your parents.

Sometimes nau sas di bandi ni, and to avoid the :D you may need to leave home. But always keep a balance between the family and wife. NEVER NEVER LET YOUR WIFE CAUSE A RIFT BETWEEN THE RELATIONSHIP OF A MOTHER/FATHER AND SON! (Unless of course the mother is a bandari and is evil, and the wife isn't)

y does it bother u.

u got ak47 in ur name ?

so now u gonna say well guns dont jus killing innocent ppl, well buddy marijuana doesnt make him a bad person either.

Typing in english might be an idea too..... rolleyes.gif

y does it bother u.

u got ak47 in ur name ?

Typing in english might be an idea too..... rolleyes.gif

thanks 4 the tip

next time ill remember that

WJKK, WJKF

lol i'm not sayin i'm gonna move out , i'm only 17 but my friend was havin major issues where like rents r putting him down alot and he can;t take it, i tried to explain to him that all parents r klike that and they want everything for the best but hes not so religious so he won;t listen to the sikhi side of some points u guys mentioned. Thanks for the help so far

WJKK, WJKF

WJKK, WJKF

i was just wonderin if moving out from parents house was against sikhi like after marriage or for w/e reason u might have. Thanks :D

WJKK, WJKF

Interesting point.......I don't think moving out is gainst Sikhi......I ahd the same connundrum when I was forced to move away from home first, to go to Uni, and then secondly for work.

Me and my wife still live by ourselves, but our goal is to by a converted home (or convert one), with a Granny Flat for my parents.......I want to do the right thing by them.

On both occaisions I moved out to better myself so eventually I would be an asset to may parents rather than a burden.

I must say though at the time my parents were not happy........but now they see the reason why. I often used to say to my father, my Grandfather moved thousands of miles away from his parents to better himself, a few hundred miles is really not a lot. :D