Khalistan - How and which way u will choose?

S1ngh

very bz 2day gonna make it short

hukamn says if ur not khalistani ur not a sikh

Gur Fateh!

Sardar Gabroo Jeeo, please could you indicate which hukam and from whom this hukam comes which states as you have suggested that if one if NOT Khalisthani then one doesn't qualify as a Sikh.

This information would be most appreciated.

For the Sangat, just a thought, I don't discount the issues that face Sikhs on a political front and certainly these nee to be attended to, but in reality and let's stick with reality, what is Khalisthan likely to be? Despite the best of intentions, and the last 100 years certainly go to show this as the case, Sikh Politics are almost always over ruled by Jatt politics...will we really have Khalisthan or we will in reality have "Jattisthan"???

It is interesting that amongst Khalisthanis, although many being Amritdharis, so many are also in fact non-amritdhari and clean shaven. Interesting since it has often been my experience in Punjab and in the UK and Canada that for a non-Jatt to qualify as a Sardar he invariably will

be maintaining his beard and turban, however in the case of Jatts it's simple enough to be a Sardar given that they are Punjabi Jatts...so again, whilst fully noting and supporting the socio-political issues facing Sikhs, is Khalisthan the answer to this or is Khalisthan simply a Jatt-driven idea in the guise of Sikh Religious affairs?

I look forward to hearing from you all. This is not a question about believing in castes, I myself am from a mixed background and my upcoming marriage is also 'out of caste' so to speak, I raise the issue with regards to Jatts, for this is a social reality. I not anti-Khalisthani, I ask the questions in good faith and trust that we can answer these accordingly.

Best regards,

Niranjana

what do u mean by "however in the case of Jatts it's simple enough to be a Sardar given that they are Punjabi Jatts..."

let me ask u people one question.. someone in my class a couple of years back said that hes all into his caste etc..

so i said that noone is higher then god

he goes guru gobind singh ji was a jatt

i find this hard to believe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard about Khalistan, i was very blindly supporter of Khalistan, but now, i am reluctant or you can say I am neutral. Looking at the current condition of Sikhs today, Khalistan works in theory ONLY. I don't think there is any Sikh around the world who does not want Khalistan as it is in our dreams, such as, everybody would be treated equaly, there won't be cast system, no discrimination agains other religions, we would get to do 'parchar' of our religion, etc. etc. etc. etc., the list is endless. But where would we bring the sikhs of character as described above? Where would be bring Sikhs just like puran Sikhs, with pure character? On other side, how would we support ourselves financially in a little piece of land, where we would be surrounded by our enemies, india and pakistan.

Some people say its good that pakistan is helping sikhs getting khalistan. This is abasolutely wrong. Do you think pakistan likes sikhs? NO! NO! NO! It has hidden motives behing helping sikhs fight for pakistan. The list of these hidden motives is also endless. We are being played in both India's and Pakistan's hands. For example, in Gaddar, hindus used a sikhs to portray bad image of muslim. In Ladki Punjabi, pakistan also used sikhs. We are no better than laughing stock in public as vicky said. Behind the scene, this battle is between hindus and muslims, but sikh are being used by both sides.

We are so eager to fight and die for khalistan, but we don't have khalsas to live in that khalistan. We need Khalsas first, then we can think of khalistan. One more thing, do you guys think Gursikhs would get to rule khalistan if we get it tomorrow? hell no!

; People like Badal and Tohra would be the ones. We are fighting and dying to get khalistan for Badal and Tohra, not for khalsas. You can see what happened in '84. The gursikhs sacrificed their lives, but Badal and Tohra sneaked out safely, and later they got to rule. Peole we are not fight for khalistan, but for the security if the seats of our selfish leaders.

Please do not get offended, to me, khalistan is IMPOSSIBLE in these days. Try to be khalas, not khalistanis.

bhul chuk di khima. these were my view only and you guys have full right to disagree with me and i do not say i am right.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Niranjana

As such, I find your conclusion that “Whatever caste is a majority in the area they will dominate the politics of that area†is over simplified and misleading
How is it an oversimplication ?. Have Jats ever been able to gain control of say a Gurdwara committee in an area where they are a minority amongst the general Sikh population ?. Sometimes not everything is complicated and there may be a simple reason for everything.
Unfortunately, although the army or mobs didn’t “distinguish between the Sikhs based on their backgroundâ€, the Jatts certainly did –again, I have personally heard in the UK and during my visits to India Jatts proclaim that only “Mazabi Sikhs and Chamars†were killed in Delhi, perhaps why the widows of the riots and carnage to this date haven’t been adequately provided for by the likes of the SGPC and the Akal Thakt (so again, is this really Sarbat Khalsa???) as indicated by the recent extreme measures taken by some of these women in the Shaheedi Morcha.

I have never come across such views before. If they have been expressed then t

he persons how expressed them should be ashamed of themselves. I don't think you can single out the SGPC for not giving relief to the victims to the Delhi massacres, it's hasn't given much relief to the Sikhs who suffered in Punjab. So if the SGPC really was discriminating against the victims of the Delhi massacres due to their caste then you should be able to provide me with evidence of how many millions the SGPC had spent helping 'Jat' victims in Punjab. You won't be able to basically because the SGPC leadership is as miserly in helping Sikh victims in Punjab as it is the Delhi. Perhaps you could show me some evidence of how much aid the Delhi Gurdwara committee dominated by Khatri, Aroras and Ramgarhia gave to the victims in Delhi. They also showed a miserly attitude to giving aid to victims there as well.

Sardar Bikramjit Singh, the call for Khalistan may not have started as a “demand for a Jat state under the guise of promoting Sikh interestsâ€, however as it exists today, it certainly seems to be the case, just as the Singh Sabha movement certainly wasn’t a Jatt based movement, however clearly over the past 50 years it has become so.

I really don't understand your implication here. Would you like a situation in Sikhi where a caste which is miniscule in numbers having all the top posts in Sikh politics or Gurdwara committees. For example the Hindu Brahmins are probably less than 1 % of the population of India yet they dominate all the top political posts in India. Since 1947 all prime ministers have been Brahmins apart from on three occasions for very short periods of time, about 3 years out of 56.

You also wrote that there is much emphasis on Sikhism being a democratic religion, but isn't that tr

ue. Isn't the concepts used by Sikhs in previous centuries such as Sarbat Khalsa democratic ?. Yes, democracy can still be used by a majority to oppress a minority as is being done in India but 'Sikh democracy' should be ideal since it should correct the flaws that exist in democracy by changing the outlook of the Sikh from voting on caste lines to voting for whatever is best for Sikhi.

J Singh

I understand your concern about a Khalistan landlocked between India and Pakistan. My view is that when any state of India be it Kashmir, Khalistan or even one of the eastern states such as Assam or Nagaland break away, there will be a domino effect both in India and in Pakistan. You can already see that the Indian motto of 'Unity in Diversity' is being proven wrong each day. Just recently there was Bihari-Assamese confrontration, people belonging to states which have a rich history, culture and language different to the 'filmi' dominant culture of India increasing see their land being swamped by cow belt Hindus and Hindi. In a domino effect the cow belt of Bihar and UP with parts of other hindi states may stay together but states such as Assam, Khalistan, Kashmir, NE States, Tamil Nadu and others would certainly break away. In Pakistan a similar breakup of it's states could occur. Such a scenario would be the best outcome for Khalistan, instead of having two strong powers on each side it would be one of a number of successor states in the subcontinent. This outcome would right the wrong committed by the British who after relinquishing their rule forced the many desparate peoples on the subcontinent having different religions, cultures and languages to become a part of two artificial states.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Sat Sri Akal:

Sarbat Khalsa Panth held a meeting in 29th April, 1986. There the matter was taken up whether Sikhs should strive for Khalistan. The Panth there decided in landslide fashion that yes, Khalistan should become an objective for Khalsa Panth.

Professor Darshan Singh Sahib is only relaying those thoughts, not being the one who passed such a hukamnama.

And of course...here we go with the caste talks...Khalistan talks rarely occur without completely demolishing it with castist references. Then people wonder how come Khalistan hasn't been formed already...