Mahatma Gandhi

84_Survivor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen ppl ..1stly who the <admin-profanity filter activated> said i worship him...i respect him.i only worship god. if ppl think the only way 2 resolve problems is by going all guns blazing then thats screwed up.the combinatin of BOTH the resistance and the actions of Sardar Bhagat singh and Sardar Udham SIngh and all other "un sung" actions gave india its independence.

gandhi freed india but when pakistan attacked india right after independence then what happened to fasting? next time pakistan attacks india, let's all sit on the border and tell pakistan we are going to fast until they leave. please. real and true methods of resistance don't change over time. the methods of the great mahatma barely lasted, whereas the spirit of the "misguided patriot's" khalsa protects the nation to this day.

i'll give you depth, but what is depth to an enslaved mind?

saanu lalkaarna howe ta soch samaj ki lalkaar, assi koyee aire gare ni, saadi wi hik wich punjab di dharti da khoon wagda.

gandhi freed india but when pakistan attacked india right after independence then what happened to fasting? next time pakistan attacks india, let's all sit on the border and tell pakistan we are going to fast until they leave. please. real and true methods of resistance don't change over time. the methods of the great mahatma barely lasted, whereas the spirit of the "misguided patriot's" khalsa protects the nation to this day.

i'll give you depth, but what is depth to an enslaved mind?

saanu lalkaarna howe ta soch samaj ki lalkaar, assi koyee aire gare ni, saadi wi hik wich punjab di dharti da khoon wagda.

Gandhi philosphy doesn't work everywhere or in every situation but he gave a good food for thought.

His life was very open to public view.

I personally do not acknowledge Gandhi methods but still he had the courage to do something which people never tried to its extreme.

Finding faults in every person of this world is very easy job. We can rip apart anybdy. But still I admire Gandhi as a unique creation of the almighty.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

As theres been a lot of emphasis on word "slandering", I just googled for word "slander". (Slander = Nindiya)

Heres what I got:-

slan·der Pronunciation (slndr)

n.

1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Saying that a snake killed a boy when it bit him and a snake is dangerous animal and has venom, doesnt mean we are slandering that Snake, but its called stating FACTS and TRUTH.

Nindya is baseless and factless.

If one says Gandhi didnt try to save Bhagat Singh & his friends, its no SLANDERING but stating truth which is even realised by non-sikhs also.

Fateh

Guest Dancing Warrior

The myth of Ghandi may never be separated from the Fact of Ghandi. We may never know the true Ghandi. Almost every synopsis of him is tainted leaning towards the bias of the author. In Panjab he had very little influence. Panjabi’s associate the freedom struggle more with Kartar Singh, Chander Bose, Rajguru, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and later Udham Singh just to name a few.

historian Dr. Rajiv Lochan suggests:

"From all events and records available it is quite obvious that Gandhiji perceived both Subhas Chander Bose and Bhagat Singh as potential threats to his own highly acclaimed position"[3]

Some of you may be shocked to learn that Bhagat Singh did was an Atheist and followed Marxism; Ghandi on the other hand was religious zealist. Whilst Ghandi opted for the British to be the over all rulers and Indians govern themselves, Bhagat Singh and Chander Bose wanted the Brits totally out of India. The latter was gaining more popularity amongst the populous as the British brutality tried to hold on to India. Bhagat Singhs philosophy was based on an equality system one of his reasons for being an atheist was due to the fact he viewed India’s inability to shake of hits invading masters was due to its social break up and caste class system heavily pregnated with religious ideology. Ghandi on the other hand was deep in his belief in his faith and used it for his version of a partial freedom struggle. He would often fast to manipulate the will of the people. Bhagat Singh and Ghandi were at two different ends of the spectrum fighting for a similar cause.

No Indian would have hung Bhagat Singh but there were plenty who would have shot Ghandi as eventually one did. Ghandi was once quoted as saying

“The rusty sword of the Sikhs has no place in the age of the atom Bomb”

To this I would say

“it is well known that the third world war would eventually be fought with sticks and stones, surely my rusty sword will determine who is last standing”

The saddest thing I came across once was in the library of a local Gurudwara a few years ago where I came across some dusty old pictures of the true martyrs Bhagat Singh and Udham Singh they had been discarded in the corner. When asking why they were not on display the librarian stated “we do not believe in freedom for India we only believe in Khalistan, they wasted their lives for India”. How very sad.

I bought pictures of the Shaheeds including a very nice one of Bhagat Singh wearing his hat and Udham Singh as well as others. Eventually when one day my kids will ask;

“Dad, who is that?” I will take great pride in telling them;

“RAM MOHAMED SINGH AZAD” as Udham Singh did. :TH: