Mahatma Gandhi

84_Survivor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mohandas ghandi was a hero for india. without him, and all the other freedom fights (Sardar Udham Singh, Sardar Bhagat Singh etc.) India would never have been free. And he respected Sikhi, he used to sit in harmandir sahib courtyard to pray.(read his biography youll understand)he said he felt the purity of god there more than any other place he had been. he was a hero.

people who call him an "anorexic <banned word filter activated>" its kinda sad how you say that to someone who helped free your family. and i bet you dont have a reason for not liking him ..othr than hes hindu..but why is that a reason to hate someone. thats 100% anti sikhi when someone doesn't like someone becuase they are hindu.

SardarDholi you're a victim of th Gandhi mythmaking machine, the large propaganda machine financed by the Indian government and lapped up by the western liberal media and so-called intelligentia. Gandhi was wrong on most things.. he said India would be partitioned over his dead body..he died but not on 15th August 1947 the day of partition but nearly a year later. He give sactimonious advice to the Jews to allow themselves to be killed without a struggle by the Nazis so as to become guinea pigs in his experiment of non-violence. He gave similar advice to the British in 1940 not to fight Hitler. Mentioning Gandhi in the same breath as Udham Singh and Bhagat Singh is to insult these great martyrs. Incidently Gandhi called Udham Singh's assassination of Sir Michael O'Dwyer as 'the act of a madman'! Gandhi was also against the actions of Bhagat Singh and it only after the Congress party saw the mood of support for Bhagat Singh that they changed their tack. Gandhi called Guru Gobind Singh a 'misguided patriot'. He was happy when the Akalis were able to conduct a non-violent movement for the liberation of the Gurdwaras from the Mahants from 1920-1925 while his non-violent campaign had been shown up to be a farce after his followers killed some policemen. The British govt was not scared of Gandi but that a significant number of Sikhs would turn to violence and thus this would affect the Sikh troops in the army. gandhi tried to sabotage the liberation of the Gurdwaras by asking the Akalis to postphone the Gurdwara campaign and join in his farcical non-violent campaign to 'free' India. The Akalis of that period saw through his tricks and continued with their campaign. That was when Gandhi started to write against the Akali and Sikhs even going to the extent of claiming that Akalis were scaring the Hindus because they were armed. All in all he was nothing special and only the propaganda campaign of India and the liberals in the west keep him up in his unearnt pedestal of a 'saint'

I remember reading somewhere that the Christian missionaries initially publicised Gandhi because they hoped that they could later convert him to Christianity and thereby make India into a Christian country.

Mohandas ghandi was a hero for india. without him, and all the other freedom fights (Sardar Udham Singh, Sardar Bhagat Singh etc.) India would never have been free. And he respected Sikhi, he used to sit in harmandir sahib courtyard to pray.(read his biography youll understand)he said he felt the purity of god there more than any other place he had been. he was a hero.

people who call him an "anorexic <banned word filter activated>" its kinda sad how you say that to someone who helped free your family. and i bet you dont have a reason for not liking him ..othr than hes hindu..but why is that a reason to hate someone. thats 100% anti sikhi when someone doesn't like someone becuase they are hindu.

Gurufateh!

i got nothing against ANY religion - i dont see myself mentioning anything in my post about disliking him becuase of his faith. I have reasons to why i dont like him mainly becuase of the 3 Shaheeds - and MAYBE you are right about the freeing my family in India thing - what can i say am illierate when it comes to his life story and what he did - i base my opinion on what my Vude have taught me about ghandi.

Like i said before Veerji - if anyone does find my opinion offensive - as you have - im really sorry but i cant help not being heard.

Gurufateh!

Im afraid u are mistaken.

If u say he was a great hero for India, then u talk of india as though sikhs do not exist. Tell me brother, what greatness/goodness and joy came out of the actions of "mahatma gandhi".

i will not call him an "anorexic <banned word filter activated>" but i will sure label him an <banned word filter activated>. ALso any1 that says he was a hero for sikhs , i shall also label them an <banned word filter activated>.

He encouraged a big passive resistance movement to aggitate against british rule. Although i agree that any sort of resistance to unjust rule is good, i did not like his "non violent passive" choice of resistance. Alot of people were killed because they adopted his passive resistance views.

many people needelessly killed, passive resistance prolonged the rule.

He shared a seat on the table that decided the partioning of Punjab. Ultimately it was the british that did the seperation but he contributed to it. Where was he from? he was a Gujararti, therefore he would neva sign away his precious gujarat. he cold heartedly signed off 2/3 of Punjab to the newly formed Pakistan. Although land means nothing to me, i think the bloodshed of partition could have been avoided. how better to split sikhs that to split punjab ? i dont need to go into all the bloodshed that followed.

many sikhs , muslims and hindus killed and massacred in the most ruthless mannor. women raped, crearted needless hate between people. his choice led him to his death at the hands of an assasin (rss apprently)

i can go on about many things he did that shows he was not a good person and did not earn the title "mahatma" (great soul), but i shall not bore u because people dont want to read essays of the truth. But i will say that he lied. he told a great lie, he broke an oath on the guru granth sahib ji.

Guru Gobdind singh ji Maharaj condemned Aurangazeb for breaking his oath on the Quaran....

gandhi broke his oath on the guru. every1 deserves forgiveness , but he was not a hero, not for me , not for sikhs.......... for india? perhaps. no prodominant hindu state was split. punjab was.

So to answer this TOPIC truthfully. i shall say yes, gandhi was a hero for india.....but not for sikhs.

and he certainly was no mahatma of the world. i have no doubt tht he hit charasi

rupinder singh Posted Today, 02:26 AM

QUOTE(davindervirk @ Feb 6 2007, 10:56 PM)

Can you guys go into more depth about him?

depth! sorry bro ur taking to bunch of kids here. half the time they dont even know why they agree wid the next man!

anyone got any ketchup to go with the chip on rupinder's shoulder...?

grin.gif

depth! sorry bro ur taking to bunch of kids here. half the time they dont even know why they agree wid the next man!

grin.gif

hee hee hee! oh how i am so despised by the AK 47 crew and his little papoos. :)

grin.gif

hee hee hee! oh how i am so despised by the AK 47 crew and his little papoos. :)

Gandhi will never be worshiped by sikhs due to the difference in our philosophy.

You but cannot critize Indians for liking him.

Either the defence of india is so strong that no is able to conquere it.

Inspite of Punjabis / Sikhs /jats/ Dogras / Rajputs ;

India had to bear the torture of subjucation by mughals and Britishers due to seveal reasons.

We never stood united against any of these forces.

In Anglo - Sikh wars the Punjabis and Dogras got loggerehead and lost the Sikh empire.

So if military is weak then the next option is non violence that is what Gandhi ji did.

IF your army is down then there is no way one can stand up to the mite of imperalistic forces.

If you will see the westeren philosophy / intillengence/ unity/military mite and the Islamic brutality

You will realize that the Indian people pale into mediocrity at all these fronts.

Our leaders need a little more vision and thoughtfulness.

Do you think that in India 3 lakh people could have been killed as in Iraq and still have the tenacity to stand up .

We would be on our feet begging fr mercy.

having said this I believe the web of life is to complex to be anlayed in such an simple manner.

These are nothing but statement of hindsites of events which have gone by.

It is by remebering lords name that we become immortal .

RK2

love

hps

singh Posted Today, 07:01 AM

QUOTE(AK-47 @ Feb 7 2007, 05:47 AM)

hee hee hee! oh how i am so despised by the AK 47 crew and his little papoos.

:) despised ... ermmmm sorry mate but nobody despises you ... lol you actually think your that much of an 'issue'!!! lol hope your shoulder carrying that chip are big and strong enough to carry that big ol' head of yours lol!

the 'legend' of ghandi is propogated by the british and western media. for them to loose the crown of their empire to a load of (what they deemed) illiterate and peasant people would have been a disgrace. so instead you create a superman, a man against whom no nation or power could stand, a man whose strength, determination and charisma would carry a nation out of slavery into the future and freedom ...etc etc. you make a hero of him and then claim to admire and love him. the british used the 'legend' as a way of saving face. it was not gandhi but the people who suffered the british at first hand, the labourers, the peasants, the workers, students etc. it was they who ran britain out of india, not one man with his white dhoti!