Fanatics/ Extermists In Sikhism?

Tony Montana

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Here's the fine line:

If you keep strict discipline for yourself, do the best you can and remain staunch in your ideals. You focus on self-betterment and striving to be the best YOU can be, it's all good. You advise but never order or force your views on another.

The problem occurs when that person begins to push his/her ideals on another with force and demeans/bad-mouths others.

Guru Sahiban never forced anyone into anything...they advised and are still advising humanity on how to better itself. It is up to the individual to follow or not. Now, when you start to force the issue, that's where the negativity comes in.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are Extermisism and fanatics a problem within sikhi that stop people from getting into sikhi and driving them away

Amo, the problem is that anyone who tries to follow the Guru's hukam is percieved to be an extremist/fanatic by the ignorant masses, simply because they don't fit in with the others.

Religion as a whole is being increasingly stigmatized in todays society by those who see it as the cause of all problems (by thinking that the Islamic-Christian experience applies to every faith in the world).

Many of our own people go along with the majority and class Sikhs as being in the same boat, disregarding what our Guru's taught and true fact. For ex. the whole 1984 and 'Sikhs brought it on themselves' thing. The truth is that all religions can't be thrown into the same basket together as there are loads of historical, spiritual and other differences. Each should be studied differently and the fanatical Muslim issues should not be used as a template to explain the ideology of other faith groups.

But then again there is a small minority who are into the soldier side of Sikhi and not so much the saintly aspect.

It's all a hallmark of extreme secularism and ignorance, fuelled by Kaljug :)

I think the opening thread was abit superficial.

In terms of extremists and fanatic sikhs, what do we actually mean?

Obviously you are talking of this issue due to your experiences, please give examples of events or things you have witnessed that make this question arise in your mind?

And when we talk about the "youth" who are supposedly 'extreme' and need to be 'suppressed' who are we actually talking about and what do they do that makes you say they are extreme?

Questions open to everyone thread here?

I think the opening thread was abit superficial.

In terms of extremists and fanatic sikhs, what do we actually mean?

Obviously you are talking of this issue due to your experiences, please give examples of events or things you have witnessed that make this question arise in your mind?

And when we talk about the "youth" who are supposedly 'extreme' and need to be 'suppressed' who are we actually talking about and what do they do that makes you say they are extreme?

Questions open to everyone thread here?

What i mean is in terms of hinduphobia not being open-minded to other peoples views e.g jathas (may not come under extermisim but still is a problem)

going over the top with some things e.g with were u eat? what type of people u associate with etc... sikhs are only alowed to do sangat of other gursikhs etc...

Great post guys.

Fanaticism/talabanism is growing problem within sikh youth circles especially in UK. I am based in canada, i even heard from people there, that there are sikh gangs in uk known as AK-47- Allah Killers. If thats a case, these people are not deserved to be sikhs, they should shave their heads and join the gothic culture where they can fullfill their demonic aims.

Great post guys.

Fanaticism/talabanism is growing problem within sikh youth circles especially in UK. I am based in canada, i even heard from people there, that there are sikh gangs in uk known as AK-47- Allah Killers. If thats a case, these people are not deserved to be sikhs, they should shave their heads and join the gothic culture where they can fullfill their demonic aims.

Allah Killers????? How can you kill god or even attempt to have that thought? Thats new to me grin.gif

Great post guys.

Allah Killers????? How can you kill god or even attempt to have that thought? Thats new to me grin.gif

Thats what i heard from this singhani on sikhportal forum, apparently they are talking about this kinda same thing.

Great post guys.

no.gif

Extermism- This term can be used in good intentions ie- i m in love with my guru to an extereme, obession. This term just like any other term can be over abused and has hijacked by sharia panthis when they interpret metaphor arths of gurbani to an literal one. Tut Tut to all the die hard core fans of prof sahib singh and sikhitothemax, example- like they are only say in sikh academics. They also will go to extend to pick and choose things from the history which suits their agenda , ignore the rest and make their own "gurmat home made recipe" and pass that as "Tat Khalsa Maryada".

Fanatic- This term has more negative connations to it, sikh fanaticism commonly corresponds to individuals who have 24/7 have hatred against hindus have hindu phobia syndrome, sant phobia syndrome in them, devi/devta phobia syndrome in them. They would go any extend if they were given chances ie- death threats to anyone who disagee with them to killing monaie for not keeping kesh (reffering to mindset of wah abi sikhs who killed monaie for not keeping kesh back in late 1980's)

Extermism- This term can be used in good intentions ie- i m in love with my guru to an extereme, obession. This term just like any other term can be over abused and has hijacked by sharia panthis when they interpret metaphor arths of gurbani to an literal one. Tut Tut to all the die hard core fans of prof sahib singh, example- he is only say in sikh academics. They also will go to extend to pick and choose things from the history which suits their agenda , ignore the rest and make their own "gurmat home made recipe" and pass that as "Tat Khalsa Maryada".

Fanatic- This term has more negative connations to it, sikh fanaticism commonly corresponds to individuals who have 24/7 have hatred against hindus have hindu phobia syndrome, sant phobia syndrome in them, devi/devta phobia syndrome in them. They would go any extend if they were given chances ie- death threats to anyone who disagee with them to killing monaie for not keeping kesh (reffering to those wah abi sikhs who killed monaie for not keeping kesh back in late 1980's)

there would be no "hindu-phobia" if there wasnt any biparwaad in Sikhs