Hip Hop

WILDSINGH

LOL i was expecting that sort of comment about 10 posts into the discussion...lol....

There is nothing wrong with enjoying music....why are people so damned hardcore.

Keertan is the best....but there is nothing wrong with enjoying other things in life as well...all in moderation and its not bad....just as KAAM is NOT indulgence in sex(if with you wife) but rather an OVERINDULGENCE.....the same with a lot of things.

Life is beautiful...if you don't see the beauty in all of life then you really don;t appreciate Maharajis creation.

Music is good...Keertan is better.

Back to the discussion...hiphop i'm not a fan of...well.>Ruff Ryders are good. Anyone into the likes of Karsh Kale...Midival Punditz??? the whole indian electronica scene is just great..if you are into table beats and traditonal female indian vocalists and musicians mixed into modern day electronica...it's good!!!

LOL i was expecting that sort of comment about 10 posts into the discussion...lol....

There is nothing wrong with enjoying music....why are people so damned hardcore.

Keertan is the best....but there is nothing wrong with enjoying other things in life as well...all in moderation and its not bad....just as KAAM is NOT indulgence in sex(if with you wife) but rather an OVERINDULGENCE.....the same with a lot of things.

Life is beautiful...if you don't see the beauty in all of life then you really don;t appreciate Maharajis creation.

Music is good...Keertan is better.

Back to the discussion...hiphop i'm not a fan of...well.>Ruff Ryders are good. Anyone into the likes of Karsh Kale...Midival Punditz??? the whole indian electronica scene is just great..if you are into table beats and traditonal female indian vocalists and musicians mixed into modern day electronica...it's good!!!

hahaha u call tht hardcore?

ok, i wont say nefink yet, until you back up your point wiv gurbani.

we are here for one purpose, to japp naam and meet mahraj.

we are told not to get attached to wordly things.

as all these pleasures are false

now u show me where it says 'dont worry mate, chill a bit, listen 2 abit of music, have sum fun, no worries'

what is the point of listen to music, how will tht help u on ur path 2 mahraj?

Guest Bass Singh

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

People, People, People!

Guru Sahib has blessed us with keertan, yet we still listen 2 manmat tunes degrading women, Drinking, getting High! When mahraj tells us these things r wrong! So when we are listening 2 music, COULDNT WE SPEND THAT TIME INCREASING OUR JEEVAN WITH BANI!!!

Im a PAPI.com Anyway!

thats my 252p worth!

satguroo binaa hor kachee hai banee.

Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

banee ta kachee satguroo baajhahu hor kachee banee.

The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

kahday kachay sunday kachay kacheeN aakh vakhaanee.

The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

har har nit karahi rasnaa kahi-aa kachhoo na jaanee.

They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.

chit jin kaa hir la-i-aa maa-i-aa bolan pa-ay ravaanee.

Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.

kahai naanak satguroo baajhahu hor kachee banee. ||24||

Says Nanak, without the True Guru, other songs are false. ||24||

(Sri Anand Sahib)

OK I'm happy that you spend 24/7 listening to Gurbai, you are truely blessed.

I on the otherhand just have a balance in my life that helps me make my family happy, helps me 'live' in the world through work and earning money to support my family and also helps me keeping to my Sikhi and on the path. I neither over indulge in Sikhi nor am I distant from it. I try and 'enjoy' and 'appreciate' this world maharaji has given us and I remember that without the 'world' and 'nature' we cannot really understand Maharaji. I have no quotes to back me up, so these are really my own views.

I'm not a 'youth', but really to be constructive and helpful on this forum, you really have to place yourself in the shoes of others and given useful help and advice rather then a gung-ho approach of being totally hardcore (or normal from your point of view).

No one is saying your comments are wrong...in fact they are correct, Gurbani is the only way. But life is about a balance...between Maharaji and the situation you are born into...you have to work to support and feed your family and this you cannot become a recluse...

Equally, it's simple implying a life devoted to Gurbani is the way to God...but I guess only a small percentage of people in this world are so blessed as to spend all their times in the presence of Gurbani...

People, People, People!

Guru Sahib has blessed us with keertan, yet we still listen 2 manmat tunes degrading women, Drinking, getting High! When mahraj tells us these things r wrong! So when we are listening 2 music, COULDNT WE SPEND THAT TIME INCREASING OUR JEEVAN WITH BANI!!!

Im a PAPI.com Anyway!

thats my 252p worth!

Hey hey..no one said anything about degrading women and getting high!!!! Really...how do you link listening to music and degrading women and getting high...!!!! The music doesn't cause it...the person does.....if you are weak willed enough to get influenced by the music that you are really doomed.....

This guy posted a simple question on the forum...so lets get back to his comment question rather then hijacking another post...I think you guys have made your point well enough and clearly enough!!!

LOL..methinks this may be one of the posts posted on purpose to instigate a riot!!!!

People, People, People!

Im a PAPI.com Anyway!

thats my 252p worth!

Hey hey..no one said anything about degrading women and getting high!!!! Really...how do you link listening to music and degrading women and getting high...!!!! The music doesn't cause it...the person does.....if you are weak willed enough to get influenced by the music that you are really doomed.....

This guy posted a simple question on the forum...so lets get back to his comment question rather then hijacking another post...I think you guys have made your point well enough and clearly enough!!!

LOL..methinks this may be one of the posts posted on purpose to instigate a riot!!!!

No instigation from me.

The reason I asked the question was because I've read in other threads that people always relate bad actions with he listens to rap music or he watches violent movies, pleeeeeeease stop!

I agree,with you "....if you are weak willed enough to get influenced by the music that you are really doomed.....".

And if you don't like it don't listen to it.